Gothic Weddings

Cemetery venue

Okay, so let me explain a little. I really wanted to get married at Cypress Gardens (here in FL) but it is now Lego Land...boo. I can't find any outdoor venuse I like. We drive past a cemetery that has a beautiful outdoor gazebo. But my family is giving me crap about it being a cemetery. What do you ladies think.

This is it:

[IMG]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j236/jessykag07/rose_gardens.jpg[/IMG]
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Cemetery venue

• I can't see the photo but if you like it, and it's possible, I say go for it.  Cemeteries can be beautiful. 
  • I got engaged in cemetery and am still considering getting married in one if my Plan A (wedding gallery) falls through.

I think that this is a tough question, because you want your guests to enjoy the day and not feel uncomfortable too, but you also want your day to be everything that you want.

That photo really does not look all the cemetery-like at all. Unless there are like huge obelisks saying RIP somewhere just out of frame, if you hadn't said that that is a cemetery I would never have guessed.

Personally, I think that place is a great compromise (if there was one like it near me I'd get married there!) Because it's not like you are standing among the actual gravestones (from what I can tell in that picture): you are at a gazebo and could be pretty much anywhere outside. So I guess you should just go for it.

Good luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think you should rethink this, based on how it may offend many of your guests. You sound like a thoughtful person, and i can see you're not thinking of choosing a cemetery out of ghoulishness. But as someone who has a mother in a cemetery and visits her grave often, I wince at the idea of someone having a celebration in the same place as her grave and that of many others. A cemetery is a place of mourning and remembrance; it's not just a pretty backdrop. I wouldn't attend a cemetery wedding if invited, because I wouldn't be able to enjoy it. Not all your guests will feel the same way, but why alienate even some, who may be near and dear to you?
  • Were is this located i think its a great idea
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards