Favors

Honest opinion please

We are getting married in November and for favors plan on doing ornaments with a celtic symbol and our name and date around it. We are having a celtic ceremony so this is why we choose the symbol. We would do one per family, I don't think some families would want 5. Does this sound okay and would you just do 1 per family?

I would also like to do something edible to go with them as it seems to be cheaping out on just one thing per family. How would cookies be? or the celophane cones with the hot chocolate mix, marshmellows and mini chocolate chips? or any other suggestions?

Re: Honest opinion please

• edited December 2011
    this could be cool, I'd leave off your name and date though, personalized stuff doesn't do it for me, your wedding will be awesome for you, but I don't neccesarily need to remember your date the rest of my life
  • edited December 2011
    The ornaments sound pretty, although it may be more useful for the families that are receiving them if you don't have them personalized with you name and date on them. That's just my personal preference, but if you dig the personalization, go for it. I think it's totally fine for the families to get one ornament and then have cookies or some treat for everyone.

I think the hot chocolate stuff would be darling, or maybe fudge or chocolate covered pretzles. All of those seem like yummy treats that many people would enjoy.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto everyone else,a great idea but leave the name and date off of it..
    i also think the hot chocolate mix would be really cute!
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ditto others.  LIke the idea.  Like the personalization less.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with PP. If you want to personalize them, why don't you just write the year you're giving them or include their family surname so it means something to them.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would like it but wouldn't want your name and wedding date on an ornament that's hanging on my tree.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't like personalized favours, so I would probably take off your names and date.  That's more for you than it is for your guests.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto the PPs, skip any permanent personalization. You could always attach a tag with your names and wedding date to the string on each ornament. That way it's personalized for the day, but your guests can take the tag off afterwards when they want to use the ornament.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Skip the personalization, but I like the idea. You may want to throw something else edible with it as the others have suggested.
  • luckenboothluckenbooth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So I have decided to skip the personalization. I do see how someone else would not want it on their tree, makes perfect sense, but I hadn't thought of it that way.

I also think we will go with the hot cocoa since it is in November.

Thanks for the insight!
  • edited December 2011
    In terms of edibles, the hot cocoa sounds great, and I think we will be giving maple sugar candy as well.  I'm not sure where you're from, but I think they're a natural for fall.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards