Ohio-Cincinnati

BEST Jeweler!

My fiance surprised me with a unique engagement ring that he designed from James Free Jewelers in Dayton, Ohio which I totally love. When I took it to get sized (free) they quoted me a week, but got it done in just days by special request!

Re: BEST Jeweler!

• edited March 2013
    sorry but local jewelers hands down are better in serivce and quality
    I have bought gorgeous jewelry from Schwartz, Efflers, to name a few
    Also love love love my engagement ring from Faigles !

ETA:  I didn't realize James Free was a family owned generational jewelry store.  I will check them out.  Family businesses are slowly fading in all industries.  We really have to support them, if we want them to stick around!
    Thrilled that Findley Market is making a comeback, been going there for years!
  • Congrats! It's always great when you don't have to part with your ring for long :)
  • I had the same experience with Herzog Jewlers in Northern KY. By far the best customer service I have every experienced.  Took my ring in to get re-sized at noon one day andhad it by 10 a.m. the next day.  Our jewler has been more than helpful with everything.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_best-jeweler?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:108Discussion:f29b8283-4a92-4252-986f-bf67e2f37770Post:b202d54f-047a-4b55-9ca9-782d0d18c072">Re: BEST Jeweler!</a>:
    [QUOTE]sorry but local jewelers hands down are better in serivce and quality I have bought gorgeous jewelry from Schwartz, Efflers, to name a few Also love love love my engagement ring from Faigles !
    Posted by IamTheMommaOfTheBride[/QUOTE]

They only have two locations - Dayton & Cincinatti, I think that's pretty local :)
  • my bad !
    I assumed it was a chain.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_best-jeweler?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:108Discussion:f29b8283-4a92-4252-986f-bf67e2f37770Post:d720f842-0990-4b35-ba51-5d89c55ea098">Re: BEST Jeweler!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: BEST Jeweler! : They only have two locations - Dayton & Cincinatti, I think that's pretty local :)
    Posted by RachelMarie247[/QUOTE]
  • I have had a great experience with Michael Callico Jewelers in Blue Ash. The customer service and professionalism is amazing.

We got my engagement ring and both bands there and he even was able to melt down my mothers rings (parents are divorced) and put a small diamond into mine and my sisters wedding band. It is embedded in the profile of the ring.

I agree, family owned jewelers are always best. Our shopping experiences at the chains were terrible. Also, my fiance said that he got a much clearer diamond for half the price of the chains. That's a huge difference!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards