Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Too early for shower?

My wedding is January 8th and my hostess are having a hard time picking a weekend to do the shower due to a few Dec weddings at my church and the holidays. They asked me if November 13th was too early. Thoughts? 

Re: Too early for shower?

• Options
    Kristin789Kristin789 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds perfect to me.
  • Options
    quotequeenquotequeen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's fine.
    Married 10/2/10
  • Options
    loop0406loop0406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most showers are done 2 months before the wedding....I think Nov is perfect if your wedding is in Jan
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    mine was in august and my wedding is in october!
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_early-shower-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:8817fb35-6335-472b-9ba4-9cbdfbc358afPost:117d8151-9a06-4c80-911e-785286057002">Re: Too early for shower?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Most showers are done 2 months before the wedding....I think Nov is perfect if your wedding is in Jan
    Posted by loop0406[/QUOTE]

Ditto this ;0)
  • Options
    NickDanielleBNickDanielleB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Its good. Since you have the holidays coming up it will be good to have it before then.

• Options
    smcclain9986smcclain9986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great, thanks girls!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    To add on to this question (sorry if I'm hijacking the thread)...
    My sister has planned her wedding a week before my exams (I'm in law school...exams are a bit intense). Is it sisterzilla of me to try to get the showers/parties the other bridesmaids want to throw done really early? I'm trying to figure out how to balance getting ready for exams and being as involved/supportive as possible. Am I stressing over nothing or being self-centered?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    sabatronsabatron member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nah, that date is fine.  I think as long as it's within like 8 weeks, you're fine.  If you were having your shower 8 months in advance, that'd be odd, but this sounds fine.
    Scrabble high score: 531
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards