Favors

Temporary Tattoo wedding Favors

Because of a cute backstory to my faiance and I's early dating. I had the idea of doing temporary tattoos as wedding favors We are not having a traditional wedding. A few things i need to consider about doing this are...
1. should i give them out and let people apply them whenever they want. almost like a take home gift. (I think this would end in them getting thrown away)
2. Should i set up tattoo stations. Where people can self apply at the reception. (this could turn into a mess and kind of a cluster.)

And would i need to stick with a tattoo theme if this is what i decided to do?

Re: Temporary Tattoo wedding Favors

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_temporary-tattoo-wedding-favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:0e58ea10-34fb-45fb-b4fd-fc871402b359Post:bb6cbc85-43dd-47b7-800e-ec04ec18cc92">Temporary Tattoo wedding Favors</a>:
    [QUOTE]Because of a cute backstory to my faiance and I's early dating. I had the idea of doing temporary tattoos as wedding favors We are not having a traditional wedding. A few things i need to consider about doing this are... 1. should i give them out and let people apply them whenever they want. almost like a take home gift. (I think this would end in them getting thrown away) 2. Should i set up tattoo stations. Where people can self apply at the reception. (this could turn into a mess and kind of a cluster.) And would i need to stick with a tattoo theme if this is what i decided to do?
    Posted by fcity09[/QUOTE]

Maybe have a few for the kids...??? I don't know. But really, what adult would wear a temporary tattoo at a wedding? Moreover, what purpose would they serve to anyone?

Save your money.
  • Wedding favors aren't necessary, so please keep that in mind.  My initial reaction to this is that it isn't an idea that would go over well in my social circle.  Temporary tattoos are something for kids' birthday parties and carnivals.  They're not wedding appropriate.

If you have a tattoo station, you risk guests getting their clothes wet, spills and a lot of mess to clean up from the application process.

Why not try to incorporate the temporary tattoo feel into an edible favor like a sugar cookie or molded chocolates?  You can add a thank you tag to the favor explaining your story.  An edible favor is far more likely to be taken or enjoyed by guests.  I'm sure there are some ideas if you do a Google image search or look on Pinterest.
    Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_temporary-tattoo-wedding-favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:0e58ea10-34fb-45fb-b4fd-fc871402b359Post:9af84221-3692-4fa2-a582-275a735f3052">Re: Temporary Tattoo wedding Favors</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wedding favors aren't necessary, so please keep that in mind.  My initial reaction to this is that it isn't an idea that would go over well in my social circle.  Temporary tattoos are something for kids' birthday parties and carnivals.  They're not wedding appropriate. If you have a tattoo station, you risk guests getting their clothes wet, spills and a lot of mess to clean up from the application process. Why not try to incorporate the temporary tattoo feel into an edible favor like a sugar cookie or molded chocolates?  You can add a thank you tag to the favor explaining your story.  An edible favor is far more likely to be taken or enjoyed by guests.  I'm sure there are some ideas if you do a Google image search or look on Pinterest.
    Posted by JaclyneD[/QUOTE]

oh i know wedding favors arent neccesary. And my social circle consist of a lot of people with tattoos. So im not too worried about it being wedding appropriate were all a bunch of weirdos over here. Thank you for the idea of incorporatng it into something besides an actual tattoo. I will give that some more thought.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_temporary-tattoo-wedding-favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:0e58ea10-34fb-45fb-b4fd-fc871402b359Post:44ec9fe0-d7e1-40d4-80ad-07f861630485">Re: Temporary Tattoo wedding Favors</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Temporary Tattoo wedding Favors : Maybe have a few for the kids...??? I don't know. But really, what adult would wear a temporary tattoo at a wedding? Moreover, what purpose would they serve to anyone? Save your money.
    Posted by itzMS[/QUOTE]

I dont know ive seen it go over well with a couple other weddings.  I know it definitely depends on what kind of guest you have. And although i have a lot of young guest. I still have to worry about grandma. Ive seen plentyof favors that dont really serve a purpose and id rather do something fun like put tattoos on people's faces than take home a candle. Thank you for weighing in though. It helps me to really sort out the thought process 
  • itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_temporary-tattoo-wedding-favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:0e58ea10-34fb-45fb-b4fd-fc871402b359Post:0ad235df-5931-4200-b0d2-f06d31a4076a">Re: Temporary Tattoo wedding Favors</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Temporary Tattoo wedding Favors : I dont know ive seen it go over well with a couple other weddings.  I know it definitely depends on what kind of guest you have. And although i have a lot of young guest. I still have to worry about grandma. Ive seen plentyof favors that dont really serve a purpose and id rather do something fun like put tattoos on people's faces than take home a candle. Thank you for weighing in though. It helps me to really sort out the thought process 
    Posted by fcity09[/QUOTE]

Definitely don't take offense to my post! DH & I both have tattoos, so I'm not anti-tattoo.

I'm just thinking this would be an idea better reserved for a birthday party or something.
  • AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2012
    My husband and I both have tats, so like PP, I'm not anti-tattoo, either, but I'm not sure I like this idea.

If you're going to do favors, it should be a little gift for the guests of some kind. A lot of wedding favors get left behind if the guests find them to be "useless," and I'm just not sure adults would be all that interested in temporary tats. If you wanted to have them there just for novelty b/c you're doing an offbeat wedding, I could see that, but I think you will have just as many of those left over as you would other non-edible favors. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Well then you get people like my FI who get physically ill at the sight of tattoos and especially temporary tattoos. It's an irrational fear, not a judgment thing. I promise. Both of his sisters have tattoos and he's okay with them when he can't see them, but something like this would cause us to leave immediately. You just never know what kind of reactions some people will have to things.

FWIW, FI also hates stickers, tape, writing on anyone's skin, overly-intricate nail art, bandaids, and window clings. So he's the extreme end of any issues people would have with something like that. So you can't account for everyone's reactions. It's just something else to think about.
  • I love tattoos. I have 8 of them. Most of my friends have tattoos.  I would look at a temporary tattoo as a wedding favor and find it ridiculous, especially since almost all of us have real ones.

I think most of them will end up in the trash.  I really encourage you to think of another favor idea.
  • We are doing temporary tattoos as part of our favors along with record bowls for a cookie bar, and guitar picks with our names on them but I really only expect the kids to have fun with the tattoos. Most of the adults won't bother, or have plenty of real ink.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards