Chit Chat

Job vent

I just need to vent about my job for a moment. Well, not really my job, bu the people I encounter at my job. I work in a small insurance agency. There are only 3 of us in the office. I handle all the personal lines stuff...car insurance, homeowners, etc. I dont make any cold calls or sales calls, people just call us or come in for a quote. Anyway, I just had this lady come in to get a quote on her GMC denali. She mentioned to me that she doesnt even have plates on the car right now because she had to turn them into the state due to not having insurance. I go through the app & get to the question that seems to be a problem with everyone..."Have you had any claims, violations or suspensions in the last 3 years?" I rarely get anyone who tells me the truth. So, this lady tells me "no, nothing". After running her MVR & the CLUE report, I find that just a few months ago she had a violation...a pretty big one (driving w a suspended license). Then continues to get upset with me because I cant take it off (she claims she was found not guilty) & lower the premium. I explained to her that if she was found not guilty, she needs to prove that to Penndot & get it taken off her record. She still gets mad at me for not being able to lower the premium. Then, I see her pull out of the lot in the same exact car that she just told me she has no insurance on, or valid license plates. WTF?!
Why cant people just be truthful and let me know of any violations?! It would make things alot easier. This happens ALL THE TIME. If they would be honest, it would make this whole getting insurance thing easier. Obviously they dont realize that I have to run the MVR & the CLUE before I can sell the insurance and everything shows up on those!
Okay, end of vent.
I feel a little better now.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Job vent

• People have no common sense. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I used to handle a lot of traffic based criminal stuff.  You would not believe the number of people who would drive to court in their driving on a suspended license case, with their license still suspended.  

One of the deputies used to follow them out and arrest them again as soon as they'd pull out of the parking lot.  
  • That is crazy that they would show up to court driving w a suspended license. Its really funny that the deputies would arrest them again. Thats what they get. I just cannot believe people. I would never drive with a suspended license, no insurance, or illegal plates. Maybe that is just because I see first hand what happens when they do those things.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards