Oklahoma

Giving up...

I have looked all over Tulsa I feel like and I cant find any venue that I love.  If I love it there is always something that happens to make it not work out. Does anyone know of a different place??? 200 people ALL inside please!

Re: Giving up...

• edited December 2011

Oh no, so sorry!  I'm not from Tulsa, and the few weddings I've been in or attended were all outside.  I'm going to be in one in November that is at the Dresser Mansion, but I don't know how many it holds, I think they just did some additions to it though.  I'm sure the Tulsa girls here will have lots of advice for you.  Good Luck!!

Photobucket
    December PS Sig Challenge - RINGS! Anniversary
  • JustGLAMOURJustGLAMOUR member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Describe your wedding and maybe I can help out a bit. :)
  • lnvane00lnvane00 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing my ceremony and reception at Bridle Creek. Have you looked there?
    March Siggy: Our Furbabies Thunder and Tinkerbelle photo 576844_10151220437472389_274194501_n.jpg PhotobucketPhotobucket
    He put a ring on it!!! 12-12-10! Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    For Sale Bio
  • edited December 2011
    My friend got married at Tarp Wedding Chapel in Broken Arrow

www.tarpchapelandgardens.com

It was pretty there

ETA: Nevermind, the chapel only holds 130
    Anniversary image
  • AmandaSC1988AmandaSC1988 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked at the Jazz hall of fame? They do weddings and their prices aren't too bad.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I second Jazz Hall of Fame and Bridle Creek. Vesica Piscis can accomidate 200 and it's an all-inclusive package. Camp Loughridge has a chapel to hold over 200 and an event center that holds 300. We almost went with them because the prices we're reasonable and the scenery was beautiful. There is also The German American Society which can accomidate 200. I believe they have preferred vendors though. Hopefully this helps! I know it can be hard to find the right venue but when you do it's all worth it!
  • edited December 2011
    German American Society of Tulsa can hold 240+ I think. Beautiful building.
  • matt&britmatt&brit member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    brandif1026 Dresser mansion is to small. Thank you for the support!

JustGLAMOUR I dont have any details really worked out because depending on the place I might have to have a different theme. I just want a really pretty place that has two separte rooms. Or two different places is fine. ALL inside. My wedding is in october and the colors are dark purple and dark blue with hints of pink and white.

lnvane00 I have it on my list to go look at. Does it have two separte rooms?

kerrib11 haha yeah its to small

AmandaSC1988 Yes I LOVE LOVE LOVE the jazz hall of fame. I just cant find a place near by that I can get married at, because I wasnt in love with where they have you get married at.

Jillianne322 I had or what I thought was planned to have my wedding at vesica piscis and then the reception at jazz hall but at VP they wont allow me to have a night wedding only. So its out becasue I HATE the recpetion area. Camp loughridge is very pretty but both my sister and brother got married there so I want something different. My wedding isnt until 2012 and I hear the germany american society is not doing weddings after 2011. Thanks tho!
  • AmandaSC1988AmandaSC1988 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I don't know your budget...but the Mayo Hotel is very very pretty (and very very expensive)

There is also the  http://www.fiveoakslodge.com/ We thought about that for the reception.
    Photobucket
  • matt&britmatt&brit member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @ amandasc1988 Yeah the mayo is way out of budget, and i went to 5 oaks but the lady was really rude and the place is a little to country.
  • edited December 2011
    If you love Jazz Hall of Fame maybe you could have your ceremony at one of the downtown chuches? There are so many and they're all beautiful.
  • bdawnbbdawnb member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Have you looked into The Broadway?  My daughter is getting married there.  200 is probably the limit, but if you are just doing the wedding there, it should work.  It has  kind of a Tuscany feel.  The website pictures do NOT do it justice.  We looked at the Jazz Hall first and really preferred this for the ceremony. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards