Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Wedding Photographer Under $1000

Hey ladies! I'm looking for a wedding photographer under $1000. It's just not in our budget to go any higher. Any ideas?

Re: Wedding Photographer Under $1000

• Options
    I would try students or recent graduates from photography school. They are starting out and should be willing to shoot for less. 

That said, you are going to get what you pay for, more than likely. They are not going to be as familiar with everything as someone who has been doing weddings for 5, 10, 20 years. This may be their second or third wedding, or maybe even their first. I would look for someone who has at least done weddings before, and be sure to see samples. If they don't have any, I'd be leery of trusting my wedding photography to them, but I understand you are on a budget.

In case you can manage to readjust your budget, my photographer, Charlie Routh, does a basic package for 1.5K 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Options
    You might check with your venue and see if they have any that they can recommend. I found my photographer by checking out the Vendors We Trust page of my venue's website, and then going to their Facebook page and actually looking at wedding albums. I can recommend Own Your Photos and Bonnie Jean Photography. Although their websites show higher prices, you can negotiate with either to do your wedding for $1000. if they aren't already booked for your day. If you venue can't help, then go to the Peach Brandy Cottage page on Facebook and check out the wedding albums of these two - or any of the others there. All of the photographers are credited.
    You can reach Own Your Photos at 770-855-4582 and Bonnie Jean at 678-300-5557. Both photographers take hundreds of great photos and give you a DVD with all of your shots. One of these is my wedding photographer, but BOTH are excellent choices.
  • Options

My photograher is Zachary Toth from Hursh Productions... I'm getting 6 hours of photography PLUS another photographer for $800.   :)

• Options
    ME! I actually do photography! I have been doing it as a second job for 5 years now. I can send you my facebook information so you can see some of my work. I do have $1000 packages, however, I try to work with my brides for a lower price if possible. Let me know if you might be interested.
    meagan_kidd@yahoo.com
    Facebook: Images by Meagan Kidd
  • Options
    I am a Georgia wedding photog out of Warner Robins. I offer a couple of packages under 1000, starting at 600. www.amazinggracephotographyga.com
  • Options
    i am booking alex kay (dom foto). someone else has recommended him here. i liked his work a lot. when you meet alex ask him for a discount. he has accepted my offer ;)
  • Options
    I used Fotografie Atlanta. They were incredible!~ They sent 2 photographers for the whole time (even tho i had only technically booked 8 hours, they stayed for 10!) And they did traditional and cool modern scrapbook style ones. They also did a photobooth at my reception. LOVE THEM. Used them for my maternity and pics of our son too.

www.fotografieatlanta.com
  • Options
    A few photographer teachers and or professors offer great prices! ;) 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_wedding-photographer-under-1000?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:58Discussion:e4844032-8454-40dd-80d2-d085d03495c3Post:24036d2b-d71e-4983-8199-b001911498d8">Re: Wedding Photographer Under $1000</a>:
    [QUOTE]A few photographer teachers and or professors offer great prices! ;) 
    Posted by ButterflyChickadee[/QUOTE]

Do you know any?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards