Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Royal Design FLowers?? Any reviews?

Hi!

I'm getting married 1/7/11 and am still deciding on a florist.  Has anyone used Royal Design Flowers?? Any thoughts or opinions on them?? Thanks so very much!

Re: Royal Design FLowers?? Any reviews?

• Options
    Destiny3_16Destiny3_16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not using them, but I did do a consultation with her. Her work seems nice, but my problem is that she didn't seem to be giving me a lot of feedback during the consultation. She asked e what I was looking for and then told me that she would come up witha price quote based on that. Her online reviews are all very positive, but I was looking for a little more suggestions and input on different options within my budget and felt that I wasn't getting it from her. Maybe it was just me though. Good luck. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi,

Thanks for your input.  For me I'm just uneasy because she wanted to meet at a Starbucks.  DId you meet at her studio?? She's willing to bring a mock centerpiece to my house to show me during a consultation but I'm still nervous that she doesn't do appointments at her workshop, studio, etc.  Who did you end up going with??
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I am getting married on 10/2/10 and I am using Royal Design Flowers as my florist.  I met with 3 other florists in the area before deciding on Royal Design.  I had a wonderful experience with her and appreciated her honesty, professionalism, and feedback when it came to suggestions, pricing and ideas.  She took the time to explain my options, and she was able to stay within my budget without sacrificing quality or design.  I would highly recommend Royal Design Flowers, in fact I have, and the work she did recently for a friends wedding was simply amazing.  I honestly have not seen more beautiful work, and I was told she even went above and beyond when she delivered the flowers, by helping the coordinator decorate an area of the reception that the coordinator was running short on time doing. Frankly, I think it’s short sighted to judge the quality of professionalism based off not meeting someone in their “studio”.  So what if a vendor doesn’t have a studio?  I don’t know if she does or not, but why is that such a concern to you as long as she does beautiful work?  Are you getting married in her studio?  Actually, the very thing you are using to make your decision could actually be a benefit to you because let’s just suppose she doesn’t have a studio….if that were the case, at least she would not be passing on her overhead expense to you….you might want to consider that!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_royal-design-flowers-reviews?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:c7e91675-088d-4f5d-a5ee-cff88bb3b991Post:a98d0407-7ecb-419d-8c20-920eb4ba6e61">Re: Royal Design FLowers?? Any reviews?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am getting married on 10/2/10 and I am using Royal Design Flowers as my florist.   I met with 3 other florists in the area before deciding on Royal Design.   I had a wonderful experience with her and appreciated her honesty, professionalism, and feedback when it came to suggestions, pricing and ideas.   She took the time to explain my options, and she was able to stay within my budget without sacrificing quality or design.   I would highly recommend Royal Design Flowers, in fact I have, and the work she did recently for a friends wedding was simply amazing.   I honestly have not seen more beautiful work, and I was told she even went above and beyond when she delivered the flowers, by helping the coordinator decorate an area of the reception that the coordinator was running short on time doing. Frankly, I think it’s short sighted to judge the quality of professionalism based off not meeting someone in their “studio”.   So what if a vendor doesn’t have a studio?   I don’t know if she does or not, but why is that such a concern to you as long as she does beautiful work?   Are you getting married in her studio?   Actually, the very thing you are using to make your decision could actually be a benefit to you because let’s just suppose she doesn’t have a studio….if that were the case, at least she would not be passing on her overhead expense to you….you might want to consider that!
    Posted by Soon2BMrsSpratley[/QUOTE]

I've decided not to go with Necoh.  I appreciate her pricing and professionalism but I want to see where a florist works and in-person examples of centerpieces and "tablescapes."  While you might find it to be an advantage to not have a studio or location of business I do not.  I'm investing quite a bit in decor and to me it is more professional to have a place of business for people to come meet with you and discuss and view options.  To me it is very difficult in this economy to go with someone who doesn't have a place of business to work in or out of that they do not want me to visit....that seems somewhat fishy to me.  I've decided on an awesome florist, Michael Bruce, who is simply amazing.  Necoh wanted to meet in a starbucks to discuss flowers.....I have no idea how I was supposed to get a sense of her abilities....while Michael Bruce has a studio and not only designed a centerpiece in front of me and too my in person specifications but also created an entire tablescape.  It was more than I could ever ask for and worked with my budget.  Good luck with her as your florist.....but I'm over the moon with my choice.
  • Options
    ME BY E ME BY E member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am a wedding and special event planner and I have used Royal Design in both capacities. Necoh does an amazing job and has a creative flair and a wealth of knowledge on all types of flowers. I have had a wedding client clip a flower out of a book and no other florist was able to find out what it was but Necoh knew right away. She can work with all concepts and all budgets large and small. When I used her for a seminar series that I needed to spruce up the decor I said I need about 5 arrangements that look lovely and that is all the direction I gave and I received 5 amazing arrangements that were amazing combinations of color and style.

As you will see when you are attempting to set up your floral appointments, most florists have very strict times that you can so a consultation. Necoh was willing to meet my wedding clients where ever was convienant and whatever time was convienant. Do not be put off by meeting at Starbucks, it is a public venue that is very convienat for parking and has indoor and outdoor seating as well as wifi which is all condusive to meeting with independant contractors.

I would again like to wholeheartedly recommend Royal Designs she does great work and is always willing to work and develop your vision of your perfect wedding day in terms of your flowers.
  • Options
    ME BY E ME BY E member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad you found what you wanted in your florist. Just an FYI it would behove you to not be so short sighted when choosing your other vendors for your wedding. Royal Designs has designed arrangements for me in the biggest blizzard we had. And it came off flawlessly . That same florist or baker or lightening designer that may show you the moon one day to get the gig will be the same vendor who will stick you with the actual bill of all that they laid out in front of you that had you falling in love. It is the the common bait and switch.

And just to let you know Necoh is always willing to give examples, even at a Starbucks. Its not where you meet its what you get at the end of the day.

Good luck in the rest of your planning.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_royal-design-flowers-reviews?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:c7e91675-088d-4f5d-a5ee-cff88bb3b991Post:0edfa9bc-8e38-4d2c-a296-e41d9d253c29">Re: Royal Design FLowers?? Any reviews?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am a wedding and special event planner and I have used Royal Design in both capacities. Necoh does an amazing job and has a creative flair and a wealth of knowledge on all types of flowers. I have had a wedding client clip a flower out of a book and no other florist was able to find out what it was but Necoh knew right away.
    That's great for your client.....but I'm not really using many flowers and Michael Bruce was unbelivably amazing in knowing exactly what I wanted.

She can work with all concepts and all budgets large and small.
    Again, great but I'd rather work with someone who has a large design space where I can go threw the studio....see a ton of things and be inspired along with my florist. 

When I used her for a seminar series that I needed to spruce up the decor I said I need about 5 arrangements that look lovely and that is all the direction I gave and I received 5 amazing arrangements that were amazing combinations of color and style. As you will see when you are attempting to set up your floral appointments, most florists have very strict times that you can so a consultation.
    I'ne yet to find this strict consultation time true......=) Most florists have been willing to meet with me at any reasonable time (not 6am or something like 9pm).

Necoh was willing to meet my wedding clients where ever was convienant and whatever time was convienant. Do not be put off by meeting at Starbucks, it is a public venue that is very convienat for parking and has indoor and outdoor seating as well as wifi which is all condusive to meeting with independant contractors. I would again like to wholeheartedly recommend Royal Designs she does great work and is always willing to work and develop your vision of your perfect wedding day in terms of your flowers.

I think meeting in Starbucks is unprofessional.  Even people who work at "home" have an office space or studio where clients can visit.  That situation I would have been more than happy with....but meeting at Starbucks no thanks.  I as a business person would not meet in Starbucks to conduct business especially when the "something" being decided upon is a visual and artistic piece.  I needed to see my florist in action especially when evaluating how much they could create my vision.  You don't get that type of service during a starbucks meeting.

Posted by ME BY E[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_royal-design-flowers-reviews?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:c7e91675-088d-4f5d-a5ee-cff88bb3b991Post:d5acfda0-bd32-4805-8292-833f7983a288">Re: Royal Design FLowers?? Any reviews?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Glad you found what you wanted in your florist. Just an FYI it would behove you to not be so short sighted when choosing your other vendors for your wedding. Royal Designs has designed arrangements for me in the biggest blizzard we had. And it came off flawlessly . That same florist or baker or lightening designer that may show you the moon one day to get the gig will be the same vendor who will stick you with the actual bill of all that they laid out in front of you that had you falling in love. It is the the common bait and switch. And just to let you know Necoh is always willing to give examples, even at a Starbucks. Its not where you meet its what you get at the end of the day. Good luck in the rest of your planning.
    Posted by ME BY E[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry this made me laugh and roll my eyes at you.  Are you sure you aren't Necoh??  It is unprofessional to meet in a Starbucks.  A person involved in a business (especially the wedding business) should have a business location.    And a bait and switch?? Not when it's all in the contract, sorry that's just you being an idiot.  Any vendor if you don't word the contract correctly could do a bait and switch.  As everything with my florist, lighting design company, etc, have a very clear itemized contract I know exactly what I'm getting.  Not to mention that all of these companies come highly reccomended by my vendor.  I'm not worried and I'm very careful.  Go try scaring some other poor bride into thinking a florist meeting at Starbucks is an okay idea.  Necoh could have brought a centerpice or mock up by anyone to meet me and pass it off as her own (I'm not saying she would but that she could).  Also, in a Starbucks how would she have shown me a tablescape.... she couldn't cause we'd be in a Starbucks not a studio.  Again, my florist built the centerpiece in front of me with my specifications and ideas.....so I know it is his work and that he can replicate it for me. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow. This IS Necoh.
    I am surprised to see such venom being spewed.
    I am not laughable, neither is my work.
    Very glad to know you had a gorgeous wedding.
    :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow. This IS Necoh.
    I am surprised to see such venom being spewed.
    I am not laughable, neither is my work.
    Very glad to know you had a gorgeous wedding.
    :)
    http://www.royaldesignflowers.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards