Florida-Central Florida
Options

Officiant Requirements

While talking with my mother recently, she mentioned that she wondered if we considered having my uncle officate the ceremony.  He is a deacon in GA and I had already considered it even before she asked.  How do I find out what he would need to do to be able to licensed to officiate a wedding in FL.
80 said yes image

Re: Officiant Requirements

• Options
    edited December 2011
    No idea. Ask the Clerk of Courts maybe or ask him.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

All regularly ordained ministers of the gospel or elders in communion with some church, or other ordained clergy, and all judicial officers, including retired judicial officers, clerks of the circuit courts, and notaries public of this state may solemnize the rights of matrimonial contract, under the regulations prescribed by law.

That's what I found online.

Hope it helps:)
    Teresa
  • Options
    ashbosityashbosity member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto the above. Anyone who's a notary or justice of the peace in FL can marry people, but since he's from GA, that probably doesn't help. If he's not ordained, he can get ordained online by the Universal Life Church. Its free, but I'm not exactly sure what it entails. Once you are ordained by them, you can perform weddings.
  • Options
    Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He just needs to be a notary public in the state of FL.  Have him apply and pay the fee.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards