Maine

ski esta brides?? i know your out there!

i know there are a few of you guys out there, i wanna hear details!  i would love to see who everyone choose for vendors and whats everyones plan...
ill start...we rented ski esta 2/11 to 2/14, our wedding day is 2/12. we are inviting  52 people(8 are kids) including us and our kids.
we have a wedding planner, melanie bibbo from blissful beginings, our caterer is black tie co. our photographer is carol salvage photography bethel,mewe hired a band ,the delta knights to play during ceremony ,cocktail,and dinner. we will have an ipod playlist for the rest of the night
for favors we are having a photo booth by maine photo booth co
we are also having a cigar roller hopefully from boston cigar co. (havent booked yet)our rentals are from unlimited rentals out of boston/portland,our colors are brown,gold and ivory. im going for an rustic elegents, our centerpieces will be large glass vases that are clear but textured like bark, filled with large calla lillies. surrounded by birch wood candles, ivory china with gold rims, brown linen, brown napkins with birch bark rings, gold silverware, flower girl dresses are from fattiepie on etsy.com, also birch bark flower girl baskets and birch ring with moss ringbearer pillow .....post more later s.

Re: ski esta brides?? i know your out there!

• edited December 2011
    our menu for our wedding at ski esta is

pre ceremony-passed hot and cold apple cider with warm mini cider donuts.

cocktail- 
    raw bar on ice scupture of a padoga, including in the raw bar is large shrimp served in shot glasses,little neck clams,oysters,mussels, and king crab legs, chef by station to shuck oysters per order. als on station will be cali rolls and sushi grade tuna and ssalmon on sticky rice.
    passed apps- salmon teriyaki skewers ,cucumbercups w/ spicy garlic and curry chicken, carribbean pork & red pepper satay,pumpkin risotto croquettes w/ nutmeg creme fraiche,mini chedder burgers w/ sweet pepper relish,spanikopita,sweet potato frittes w/ chipotle aioli 
    dinner
    mozzerella,tomato,basil and oil, curried winter squash soup and haddock soup in demitasse cups.chooce of sea bass with caramelized onion marmalade w/ basmati rice and aspargus bundle. or filet with chimchurri sauce/and port wine peduction at the table. served with caramelized potatoes with garlic and rosemary w/ asparagus bundles.li
  • edited December 2011
    sorry about crowding, my phone wont let me put everything in one message :)
  • edited December 2011
    Me, me, me....I'm another Ski Esta bride and soooooo excited!  Congrats to you!  Our colors are Brown, Gold and Ivory as well.  I just think the house lends itself to that.  You'll have to let me know if you have any decorative items to sell afterwards.  :)

Like you, we are going with brown linens (pintuck taffeta) and we will have mahogony chivari chairs with shell bengaline cushions and napkins.  Our centerpieces are going to be simple arrangements of creamy-white hydrangea with maybe a few fiddleheads for some fun. 

We are using Pooh Corner Farms for our flowers and The Good Food Store as caterers.  Both are local and have been amazing.  Our planner is B Merry Events out of Portland and we have hired Amazing DJ from Portland as well for our ceremony and reception music.  Our photographers are Birch Blaze Photography from NH - a husband/wife team and I just love them!  We haven't finalized rentals yet but are leaning towards One Stop Party Shop in Portland with maybe some supplements from another company.

We are having 60 people (including 10 kids) and are hoping the weather is nice enough (Labor Day weekend) to have the ceremony outside on the deck overlooking the mountains.  Cocktail reception would be outside, with dancing in the great room and dinner in the dining room.

We are making our own "vintage" photo wall and will be setting up our own photobooth with that.  Out of curiosity though, how much does Maine Photo Booth charge?  For decorations I am making some creamy-white hydrangea pomander balls for aisle decoration and maybe around the deck.  I've also made some ribbon and silk rose garland that I am going to use with white lights along the banister and staircase inside the great room.  

We are having a lobster bake rehearsal dinner the day before our wedding and at the wedding we will be serving family style beef filet, garlic sauteed shrimp, mushroom raviolis, mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus.  We will also be having salad and are working on figuring out hors d'ouvres. 

The venue is just so magical and we cannot wait to stay there!  We have the house for a full week and will be having a little mini-moon there after our guests leave.   I cannot say enough good things about Sophia (Ski Esta owner) and how great she's been to work with. 
    Married 9.4.11
  • amshaw1amshaw1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    awwww it's so gorgeous!!!  I was checking their website to find pricing but I'm either overlooking it or its not on there, do you have links for it? 
  • edited December 2011
    I think I initially found pricing on a home rental site (HomeAway, etc) and not on the Ski Esta website.  Here's that link:  http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p211445

Keep in mind that this is not a wedding hall, but rather a house that you rent and they allow you to have weddings there.  It has been a little extra work and organization, but it's been totally worth it.  It's such a stunning place and it's a different wedding - just what we wanted!  
    Married 9.4.11
  • amshaw1amshaw1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    aww that's awesome.  Thanks for the link and congrats on finding a the perfect place!!  I look forward to pics next fall!
  • I know this is an older thread but my fiance are considering booking Skiesta for our January 2016 wedding. I was wondering how your experience were and how much you spent on table/chair rentals. We're looking at a few DIY wedding venues and I'm trying to get a good idea of what the costs are for individual items. We already have a photographer and 2 DJ possibilities. 
    Thanks so much!

• Unfortunately, I don't think these people have been around since their weddings almost 4 years ago.  Good luck getting your questions answered.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards