Maine

cliff side wedding???

I'm trying to find a place along the east coast, most likely Maine, that has a cliff looking over the ocean (or another body of water) where you can go down to the beach. I saw a picture a while ago while I was researching wedding stuff, but didn't save where it was. This really seems perfect for what my fiance and I want, but I have no idea where to look. PLEASE if you know of a place, let me know!!!

Thanks so much!

Re: cliff side wedding???

• edited December 2011
    I'm trying to find a place along the east coast, most likely Maine, that has a cliff looking over the ocean (or another body of water) where you can go down to the beach. I saw a picture a while ago while I was researching wedding stuff, but didn't save where it was. This really seems perfect for what my fiance and I want, but I have no idea where to look. PLEASE if you know of a place, let me know!!!

Thanks so much!
  • edited December 2011
    You should post this on the Maine wedding board.....you could look into Kennebunkport, York. Depends on how far north you want to go.
  • lclemencelclemence member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Stage Neck Inn in York. They do weddings overlooking the water and the view is GORGEOUS. You might also try Portland Head Light in Cape Elizabeth. It's a public park, but there is a cliff overlooking the water there, and it's very "Maine."
  • mgagne228mgagne228 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Cliff House in Ogunquit as well.
  • Mrs DPMMrs DPM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Look at Point Lookout in Lincolnville, Maine
  • HE&MEHE&ME member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Samoset Resort too, I'm pretty sure they have a spot like that.  They are right on the ocean.....
  • I'm getting married at a setting just like that! South Harpswell at my grandfather's summer house. There are beautiful gardens, too, so we won't even need decor for the ceremony!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards