Texas-Austin

Recommendations for unique engagement ring

Hi Ladies,

I am looking for suggestions on where to shop for a pretty and unique engagement ring in the Austin or Houston area.  Maybe a local place?  Any suggestions welcome!

Stacy

Re: Recommendations for unique engagement ring

• Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Houston, I really liked Houston Jewelry and Nazar's.  We ended up getting my ring custom-made from a jeweler in another state, but those two seemed to have the widest selection that I liked.
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance got my ring at Positive Images. The artist is Todd Reed. I LOVE IT!
  • edited December 2011
    Clarksville Pottery off Lamar & 35th (Near Cenral Market) is great. They have some unique rings - we got my hubs ring there actually.

Verragio has some very unique engagement rings and I am always getting compliments on mine (mine is one of the Paradiso collection). They sell the entire line at Benold's (who is local) but you can see them all at www.verragio.com
    ~ Trish Finfer
    Blog

• edited December 2011
    I don't know about unique, but my fiancé purchased my ring from Kruger's at Congress and 8th (locally owned here in Austin). He had them create a custom design modeled after one I liked at Tiffany's. They have great customer service and they know their stuff. We're definitely going back to get our wedding bands there.
  • edited December 2011

I'm not sure how much uniqueness you are looking for in an engagement ring, but this Austin store might be up your alley as they, also, carry estate jewelry.

http://www.galleriejewelers.com/home.htm

However, I highly recommend the place we got ours in Austin:

http://www.benolds.com/

Great customer service and selection as I was looking for a particular style.  Sorry, couldn't trust my DH to pick it out by himself.  Wink  We drop by there periodically to get my set cleaned.

• sara.judkinssara.judkins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My husband bought my engagement ring in Houston at Shaftel Diamonds.  They did an amazing job and have been super great about cleanings and checking all of my diamonds.  My center stone is a sapphire, so they actually got him a 3.51 carat center stone of a superb quality for a great price and custom made the rest of the ring. 
    www.ohitislove.com Anniversary
  • stacylhaustinstacylhaustin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got our engagement ring made by a local designer, Dean Frederick in Austin.  He works with about any budget, just be warned that he does not work quickly!  That being said I absolutely love my ring.

Another place to check is Eliza Page in Austin.

Stacy
  • edited December 2011
    My ring is being custom designed by Sheldon and Matt at Austin Diamond District...and I have to say, I am pretty amazed with the experience so far.  I have learned more about diamonds than I ever thought possible, thanks to Sheldon.  And, along with creating my ring, they are also gifting us our engagement photos by a local photographer, as well as loaning me personally designed jewelry for my wedding day.  Their customer service is the best - and I highly recommend calling them.  

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-austin_recommendations-unique-engagement-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:126Discussion:2cb3b0a1-7c1c-4f36-8172-130e70c7659dPost:b2c0061d-3231-4d48-a0fa-6e11a605bf62">Re: Recommendations for unique engagement ring</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know about unique, but my fiancé purchased my ring from Kruger's at Congress and 8th (locally owned here in Austin). He had them create a custom design modeled after one I liked at Tiffany's. They have great customer service and they know their stuff. We're definitely going back to get our wedding bands there.
    Posted by rochala2[/QUOTE]

We also used Kruger and they were AMAZING I love Charlotte and they helped us get amazing vintage style ring that was all our own: the setting was made from a cast originally made in the early 1920s and they matched it with perfect new stone! It made it clasic yet modern and totally unique!
    soontobepruet
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards