Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Introduce yourself!

Some of us have been around here for a while, where some are new. I thought it would be great to start a list of introductions! Go ahead and let us know your name, your fiance's name, the wedding date, and a fun fact about the two of you!

Re: Introduce yourself!

• BunsCheer03BunsCheer03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ill start us off,

I'm Stacey, my FI is Patrick. We have been together for a little over 2 years, and will be getting married on September 4th, 2011. Fun fact: Patrick & I have a beautiful baby girl who will be a little over 2 years old at our wedding :-)
  • edited December 2011
    I'm Lisa, my fiance is Paul. We've been together for almost 7 years. Our wedding is 8-20-11 at the Coonamessett Inn :) 
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Hi, I am Meaghan. I got married on October 4, 2008 at the Beach Plum Inn on Martha's Vineyard. I have two little minpins who are my babies.
     I also mod the Snarky board, so feel free to stop by for some lively chat ;)
  • edited December 2011
    LOL @ your Girbat, Meaghan, I love it!  

Hi, I'm Kiki (aka Erica), I've been married almost 5 months (wow time flies).  We got married on April 24, 2010 at St. John's in Pocasset and our reception was at The Brookside Club in Bourne.

DH and I are computer gamer geeks, and we play Guild Wars (Guild Wars is to Warcraft as Pepsi is to Coke - 'cause I like Pepsi better, lol).  We currently live in northern NJ, but I was raised in MA.  I am a diehard Pats fan!!!

Runaway Bride - Catch me if you can!
    photo by Scott Metzger
    kikijbird ~ Erica (aka Kiki) & Paul ~ 24 April 2010
    The JBirds Bio ~ Updated 03.02.10 - Invites!

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    Hi everyone, I'm Mickey and I'm a Knottieaholic! My fiance is Colin and we've been together for 5 years. Our wedding is October 9, 2011 at the Dan'l Webster Inn in Sandwich.

Fun Fact?.... We spend six months of the year with his Mom in New Zealand and six months of the year with my Mom in Wareham! ...Okay I know that isn't technically the cape to some, and is 100% the cape to others, but it's pretty close! Closer than Plymouth.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio/Blog 151 Invitedimage 108 Yes!image 22 No :-(image 21 Are turning me into a bridezilla!image RSVP Date Sept. 16
  • amylee545amylee545 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Hello ladies :) My name is Amy and my fiance's name is Scott. We've been together for 4 years. We're getting married Sept 5th 2011 at the Flying Bridge (on Labor day!).

Fun fact (well, more of a not-so-fun fact)... I'm in my last semester of nursing school, so wedding planning is getting extremely stressful while trying to fit in studying!!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm Lori & my husband (still LOVE saying that!!) is Steve.  We got married on June 12, 2010 at the Flying Bridge in Falmouth.  A fun fact about us is:  I wore purple hiking boots to work one day & they caught his eye so he asked me to lunch...   fast forward 6 years & we had a purple themed wedding day  :)
  • allisong23allisong23 member
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I am Allison, and my H's name is Kent. We got married yesterday at the Dennis Inn! I just posted some pics on the Snarky Brides board if anyone is interested. The Inn was wonderful!

Fun fact - we are leaving for Ireland tomorrow!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • bpcmarjbpcmarj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My name is Marjorie and my Fiancé is Nick.  We are looking to get married in November 2012, but haven't picked out a location or exact date yet!  We have been dating for 5 1/2 years and live in Bourne.  Fun Fact about us: We love to watch Antiques Roadshow!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi, I'm Ashley.  DH and I were married 9.13.08 at the Chatham Bars Inn (man, time flies!).

Fun fact:  DH and I are huuuuge DMB fans.  I've been to 44 concerts and DH has been to 37.  We just traveled all the way to Seattle and Chicago to see them and are hoping to make 3 more concerts by the end of the year!
  • edited December 2011

Hello Ladies!!! We actually just back from our Honeymoon in Aruba!!! My husband and I where married on september 18 2010 at Bourne Farm in Falmouth!!! It was the most wonderful day of my life!!!! I am going to post some pics and get my vendor reviews out ASAP!! Happy planning!!! Oh and we just celebrated our four year anniversary!!!

• edited December 2011
    Hi!

Pretty new here :) I'm Jo-Ellen and my fiance is Derek, we're getting married on 8/27/2011 at The Wequassett Inn in Chatham! 

Fun fact: We just started brewing our own beer!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi!

I'm Kait and my fiance (love that word) is Ben and we just got engaged 2 weeks ago!  We're planning a September 2012 wedding, probably at the Agricultural Hall on Martha's Vineyard.  IWe both grew up spending summers there with our families and have been living on the cape and islands together since we finished college.  It was an easy choice for us :-)

Fun fact: we met on a research ship on the Mid Atlantic Ridge, where he wooed me under the stars for six weeks!
  • edited December 2011

Hi Guys! I'm Jen and my fiance is Dave. We've been together for almost 4years. We're getting married Oct 1, 2011 at the Heritage Museum and Gardens in Sandwich.

Fun Fact: We went to high school together and never once spoke, and here we are, almost 11 years later and we're getting married!  :)

Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • bethy04bethy04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My name is Bethany and my FI's name is Mitch.  We are getting married on June 18th 2011.  We are living in the midwest  now, but I grew up in MA. I'm a graduate student and nurse, so I'm squeezing in wedding planning in all my "free" time....
  • linsousalinsousa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I'm Linda and my FI is Scott.  We've been together for 10 years!
    We're holding our ceremony & reception at The Club at New Seabury on 6.16.2012.
    Fun Fact:  Scott incorporated our 14 lb Yorkie in his proposal ... it was so cute!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm Stefanie, my FI is Shaun... I'm local to the cape, well been here long enough not to be a "washashore" anymore, FI - originally from NY... We are having a DW in Grand Cayman in May 2012 with our family members and a traditional cape cod clambake party in June for all of our friends and family combined!

I'll pop in from time to time to help out with any local recommendations or help anyway I can otherwise you'll find me over on the DW board!!!

Believes, Hopes, Endures
    Love Never Fails...
    May 26, 2012
    Grand Cayman Island
  • katphotogirlkatphotogirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, my name is Kathy.  My husband is Dave.  (I also never get tired of saying that!) We got married on May 29th 2010 and are just starting the adoption process! Another fun fact, our first date was in Paris and after that I told him he could never break up with me because he could never top that as a first date :)
  • katphotogirlkatphotogirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, my name is Kathy.  My husband is Dave.  (I also never get tired of saying that!) We got married on May 29th 2010 and are just starting the adoption process! Another fun fact, our first date was in Paris and after that I told him he could never break up with me because he could never top that as a first date :)
  • edited December 2011
    HI I'm Nickey and my FI is Mike. We are getting married at the Coonamessett Inn on July 23, 2011. We have been together for 2 years. Fun Fact-we ride a Harley Davidson together and love it!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Ello Ladies!!!

My name is Gwyneth and my FI is Dan, I'm british and Dan is a 'Masshole' hee hee... no offence meant to all the other dwellers in MA. We are getting hitched on 17th Aug 2012, so a long way to go yet... but tres excitement!!
    We are doing the deed at The Lighthouse Inn in West Dennis. Absolutely cannot wait!!
    Would love any sort of help or ideas from you ladies as I'm clueless when it comes to the Cape... (was given a lecture about how to say 'I'm on Cape')

Looking forward to any response,
    love and british hugs,
    Gwyneth Tongue out
  • CCBelATCCCBelATC member
    edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies! My name is Dawn, H is Keith. I used to spend all my time on here when I was planning my July 18, 2010 wedding. Thanks to a lot of the regulars I was able to pull off a pretty windmill wedding and reception at the Orleans Inn. I've taken a long hiatus from the board, but honestly I miss the wedding planning!

Fun fact: My husband and I had completely different upbringings, different parts of the country, educational backgrounds, etc, but ended up in the same profession. Due to some extreme circumstances we were working the same event and met by chance. That was five years ago and the rest is history. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
    Visit CapeCod.Weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    My name is Robyn and my fiancé is Bert. We just got engaged on Saturday, so are just looking for a venue and date! Fun fact: we met on Match and I almost didn't respond to him because I'm terrified of dogs and he said he wanted to get a dog. He decided I'm more important than a dog. ;-)
  • xiemcassxiemcass member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello!

My name is Christie, and my fiance is CJ.  We got engaged over Christmas (check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0NfJ6ElGFA ). We live in Brooklyn, NY and met while performing together off-broadway.  With a wedding less then 10 months away, I decided it's time to stop basking in the glow and get serious!  Looking forward to our June, 03 2012 Falmouth nuptials!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi!
    I'm Kristin. My fiance Tim and I got engaged this past July celebrating our anniversary and are getting married next July on our anniversary at Ocean Edge. I can't believeit's coming up so quickly!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi ... I'm Loriann and my fiance is Tom.  We got engaged this June and we're planning a Sept 2012 wedding in Edgartown, MV.  Never realized just HOW MANY details there are to get through!  
  • edited December 2011
    Hi ladies! I'm Melissa and my FI is Rick. We have been together for 4 years and got engaged in August by the camp fire! We are planning a May 12, 2012 wedding in Edgartown, MV! Can't wait!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi! My name is Jessa and my Fiance is Jeff...we have been dating for 9 months, engaged for 4 months and are getting married September 2, 2012. Some people say that is SUPER fast, but actually, its been 14 years in the making! We have been best friends for half our lives and had no interest in anything other then friendship. After a few changes and bumps in each others lives we decided that no one knew another person better then we knew each other and it was definitly worth a shot. So glad we tried! I have never been happier in my life! We know absolutely everything about each other (including all the bad stuff and all the awful Ex stories...after all, he was the one I called when I was having a bad day, he was my best friend!)  We have been each others wingman, tried to set each other up on dates, dried tears and calmed each other down...and in the end we were meant for each other! took us a while to get here, but  its exactly where we are supposed to be. Sorry for the super long post! lol
  • edited December 2011

Hi ladies! I'm Christine and my Fiance is Ravi. We have been together and engaged for 4 months!

We are planning a 6/23/12 in Harwich, MA. We can’t wait for the big day but are finding planning to be a bit tricky since we live out of state (Ravi and I live in NYC - I’m from greater Boston and spent summers on mid-cape growing up).

Anyone else planning from a distance and have tips?

• zdorsey2626zdorsey2626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello ladies!!

My name is Zenette and my fiance is Derek. We have been together for 4 years and engaged for 2 months.

We are planning a small ceremony and reception for 8/12/2012 in Truro, MA. We plan on having a quick beach ceremony (as we will already be married) and a small reception at a private home. It has been a challenge so far since I live out of state (Texas) and have never been to the Cape (my fiance is from Boston). Also, it's been challenging finding a suitable house but since we expect no more than 30 people (if that), we finally found one. 

Any suggestions would be helpful. I'm hoping that I still have some hair left by the time this is all over!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards