African American Weddings
Options

The curse of 9/10/11 lol

FI and I have gone to a couple reception venues and I could work with them if I had to but nothing really fit my "vision". A couple days ago I remembered a wedding I went to in 2008 that had the most amazing views and was just a beautiful space overall. I went to the website and found the number, called the front desk and of course they were already booked! They have two ceremony/reception spaces and the one I was interested in is already booked. The larger room is still available but it is an extra $1,000 and I'm not feeling that especially since we don't really need all that space. I need to really get a move on because I have a feeling alot of my first choice vendors are booked already. Oh well, back to the drawing board I go.

Re: The curse of 9/10/11 lol

• Options
    edited December 2011
    9/10/11 and 11/11/11 are the most popular wedding dates for 2011! Most of the dates are booked 1 1/2 to 2 years in advance. If you are still planning on getting married that day, I would definitely call and book asap! September will be here before you know it and you definitely don't want vendors that you have to "settle" for.
    Photobucket

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I know. I really don't feel the pressure though. I know I should feel it but I just don't. It is very shocking to me how cool I am being about everything...well I think I am being cool. FI and my mom said I have already had some bridezilla moments but in my defense we were dealing with the guest list. That can bring the bridezilla out of anybody!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know what you mean. I don't think I have been bridezilla yet (well maybe once), but im sure there will be a few times between now and September where I may lose my cool for a sec. I don't understand how you can be so calm, I would be freaking out! Im freaking out now and my wedding isn't even on the busiest wedding day of the year! Im glad you are calm, I guess you have to be calm because if you don't you'll drive yourself insane. I would just make a weekly to do list of all the vendors you need to set up. The main thing is finding a location and then a photographer. Everything will fall into place!
    Photobucket

• Options
    brittanyl8605brittanyl8605 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know what you mean about not needing all of that space. But if that's truly where you want it and the date you might consider spending the extra $1000 and editing your budget else where. My venue is large so I decided to separate a large room into a cocktail area and ballroom in one. Just an idea. Good luck
  • Options
    sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I feel you 100% I am an 9.10.11 bride too and my first 1o choices for reception halls were taken it took me a long time to find one that I wanted and I made some major concessions. Just remain prayerful and get on the ball and everything will work out!
  • Options
    bmoton82bmoton82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @His Sparklett...I really absolutely 100% feel you on the fact that Sept. feels like years away planning-wise! I think I overwhelmed myself in the beginning and took a BIG break during the holidays! I promised myself to begin again in Jan bc in the words of everyone else "September will be here before you know it!" I don't see it but they do ;-/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards