Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Wedding Disappointment, Angry Friends

Re: Wedding Disappointment, Angry Friends

• edited October 2012
    BC they have been put down enough. And u don't know their situation unless YOU were there! Things online can seem completely different than what happens in real life in person. Yes, it does sound a bit over dramatic on the post, but things can also be taken out of concept.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think it's PETTY to be disappointed that a party didn't go the way you wanted, when the whole point of the party is to be married.
    And get married she did.
    She needs to get a little perspective, and maybe go hug her husband.
  • This is true. Let the little things go. It's over now and nothing you can do about it. I'm pretty sure most of us had things go wrong, but we didn't get that upset over it. We moved on. It was 1 day for US and we are the only ones that knew what didn't get done. None of our guests cared what did/didn't get done. Live life. Be happy. At the end of the day you are just as married!

In Response to Re:Wedding Disappointment, Angry Friends:[QUOTE]I think it's PETTY to be disappointed that a party didn't go the way you wanted, when the whole point of the party is to be married.And get married she did.She needs to get a little perspective, and maybe go hug her husband. Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_wedding-disappointment-angry-friends?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:331ca53d-37ac-44e4-98a0-8625f81efb8fPost:3daa5fc9-84f4-439f-837b-c6bbb6c3ef74">Re:Wedding Disappointment, Angry Friends</a>:
    [QUOTE]BC they have been put down enough. And u don't know their situation unless YOU were there! Things online can seem completely different than what happens in real life in person. Yes, it does sound a bit over dramatic on the post, but things can also be taken out of concept.
    Posted by annanoel21[/QUOTE]

<div>What does "taken out of concept" mean?  Maybe you mean "out of context"?</div><div>
    </div><div>OP, I feel bad for you that things didn't go as planned, but it's time to move on and enjoy being married--concentrate on that.  You might lose friends over this--it happened to me, but I was on the receiving end of a bride who expected me to set up, tear down, clean up, etc.  Unfortunately, many people will volunteer to help because they feel compelled to, even though they don't really want to.  Sounds like this happened to you.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • Your BP had a “To-Do” list? That’s absurd. They didn’t have to do ANY of those things you listed. If you wanted all those things set properly, you should’ve done them yourself or hired a DOC. Get over it, stop victimizing yourself for your own bad planning. People didn’t let you down, you’re expectations were just over the top.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_wedding-disappointment-angry-friends?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:331ca53d-37ac-44e4-98a0-8625f81efb8fPost:516c8556-87c8-4f71-afdd-24f49283a631">Re:Wedding Disappointment, Angry Friends</a>:
    [QUOTE]LOVE THIS! I've seen on a lot of boards where people just want and need to vent BC things aren't/didn't go as planned and people want to jump their throats. Encourage them people! Stop being asses just because it's not etiquette or some other b/s like you are supposed to do it by! n Response to Re:Wedding Disappointment, Angry Friends:

<div>Yes, but it's one thing to vent over things that cause your special day to go badly. It's another to "grieve" over shriveled balloons; to make comments where your friend can see them about how much they disappointed you; and to be an all out drama queen. </div><div>
    </div><div>The OP has a complete disconnect with reality, and she was called on it. </div>
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lose the friends. They don't seem like the kind you want to keep around anyways.

And, btw people, she did say that her friends told her explicitly that they would take care of everything. They knew what they were getting into when they offered, and it's not like she said "because you are my bridesmaid you must do all of these things for me." She was about to do it all herself, from what I understand, and her 'friends' came to her and said they would help. Yeah, she might be a little over dramatic over this, but you know what, she's justified. And I know that my post is now going to be dissected by you 'catty gangmembers' (i loved that, btw, it literally made me LOL) but I don't care. She needs a little support right now, and if you people wont even try, then I will. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_wedding-disappointment-angry-friends?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:331ca53d-37ac-44e4-98a0-8625f81efb8fPost:fd9f05f2-bde7-4246-b385-39e37c402456">Re: Wedding Disappointment, Angry Friends</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Lose the friends.</strong> They don't seem like the kind you want to keep around anyways. And, btw people, she did say that her friends told her explicitly that they would take care of everything. They knew what they were getting into when they offered, and it's not like she said "because you are my bridesmaid you must do all of these things for me." She was about to do it all herself, from what I understand, and her 'friends' came to her and said they would help. Yeah, she might be a little over dramatic over this, but you know what, she's justified. And I know that my post is now going to be dissected by you 'catty gangmembers' (i loved that, btw, it literally made me LOL) but I don't care. She needs a little support right now, and if you people wont even try, then I will. 
    Posted by katerobert2013[/QUOTE]

Her friends should dump her. Talking about how nobody helped her boo hoo, they're not wedding planners. i dont care if they offered, it should've never been expected of them. The OP expected to have a huge elaborate wedding on a tight budget. she got what she paid for. BM are not slaves and free labor cannot be demanded of them. I see you're new here, G.L with that mentality.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_wedding-disappointment-angry-friends?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:331ca53d-37ac-44e4-98a0-8625f81efb8fPost:3daa5fc9-84f4-439f-837b-c6bbb6c3ef74">Re:Wedding Disappointment, Angry Friends</a>:
    [QUOTE]BC they have been put down enough. And u don't know their situation unless YOU were there! Things online can seem completely different than what happens in real life in person. Yes, it does sound a bit over dramatic on the post, but things can also be taken out of concept.

THEY'VE been put down enough? Oh please, the way they treat their so called friends is shameful. You can't be a total bridezilla and expect your BP to do everything for you. OP is just throwing a pity party, oh well, everything was wrong, get over it. who cares. No wedding is ever perfect. or at least non that i've been to and my friends don't go on FB to talk about how she's so depressed and everyone sucks cuz they didn't help her.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_wedding-disappointment-angry-friends?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:331ca53d-37ac-44e4-98a0-8625f81efb8fPost:fd9f05f2-bde7-4246-b385-39e37c402456">Re: Wedding Disappointment, Angry Friends</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lose the friends. They don't seem like the kind you want to keep around anyways. And, btw people, she did say that her friends told her explicitly that they would take care of everything. They knew what they were getting into when they offered, and it's not like she said "because you are my bridesmaid you must do all of these things for me." She was about to do it all herself, from what I understand, and her 'friends' came to her and said they would help. Yeah, she might be a little over dramatic over this, but you know what, she's justified. And I know that my post is now going to be dissected by you 'catty gangmembers' (i loved that, btw, it literally made me LOL) but I don't care. She needs a little support right now, and if you people wont even try, then I will. 
    Posted by katerobert2013[/QUOTE]

<div>Unless there was a signed contract between her and her friends for their labor, then they were not required to do it. Was it crappy of them to go back on their word? Yes, but if she wanted all her DIY projects to make it in the right places for the wedding then that was up to her and her FI to handle it. She failed at that and felt justified in bashing her family and friends on FB about their lack for caring about her wedding as much as she did. </div><div>
    </div><div>Honestly, unless you have signed contract, you should expect nothing. Hopefully other brides that read this learn to lower their expectations and budget for a DOC so as not to damage the relationships with their family and friends.</div>
  • I think the point of everyone telling her that she was a bit out of line with the facebook thing and not needing to grieve for it, is because she chose to do her venting on the internet, on a public forum, because she's looking for the attention and for everyone to tell her she's right because she is now having trouble with friends over the post.

If I were one of the bridesmaids, I'd be hurt, too. They helped. They didn't do things wrong just to spite the bride (assuming).  If it were me I'd feel unappreciated and probably would never offer assistance on anything again.

And to say "lose the friends" over something like this is just stupid. Anybody willing to ditch their friends, especially the ones closest to them that they chose to have a place of honor in their wedding, don't deserve those friends.

I feel for her that it wasn't all that she had dreamed of, but it's not something to put off on the friends/party. It can't be changed, be bummed for a day or two, move on. You accomplished the goal.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • All I can say is that, if I logged on to facebook after my wedding and saw my husband post that he needed time to grieve over the wedding, I would be CRUSHED.  How cruel could you be to your new husband with that post? 

Grow up.  You had way unrealistic expectations of your friends, and you called them out when they didn't live up to them. You set them up to fail, and they did, and now you're mad.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_wedding-disappointment-angry-friends?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:331ca53d-37ac-44e4-98a0-8625f81efb8fPost:8d01a169-e59e-4595-8451-0a649b6962bb">Re: Wedding Disappointment, Angry Friends</a>:
    [QUOTE]Many people can't afford DOCs (we didn't have one), but I also didn't plan a bunch of DIY projects. You don't HAVE to do a ton of projects. LIke GLB and others have posted previously, these are EXTRAS and not necessary in order for two people to marry. You wanting them does not make it a requirement, and definitely not one that other people have to help out with.<strong> You say you didn't demand or expect anything from people, but you had lists with photos? That sounds a lot like expecting them to help, otherwise why the lists?</strong> The FB thing just blows my mind. Honestly, that's the most immature thing I've read here in quite awhile. I would be so hurt and furious if I was a "friend" of yours. If you have a serious issue with a friend, you talk to them about it in person, not put it on blast on FB for crying out loud. Not to mention, you had no real issue to begin with. Your grieving comment really rubs me the wrong way. People need time to grieve when they have lost a loved one or something equally traumatic. Asking for time to grieve after getting married to a guy you (seem to) really love is absolutely NOT a time for grieving. You sound so ridiculous saying that. You were married at the end of the day. Sure, a few things weren't perfect, but I guarantee if you polled all the married ladies on here, not a single one said their wedding day had absolutely no hitches. They're not giving you time to grieve because there's not a darn thing to grieve about.
    Posted by Summer2011Bride[/QUOTE]

Okay, so I agree with bits and pieces peoples responses here, but I just had to weigh in on this....I make grocery lists/recipies like this so FI knows what to get at the grocery store if I'm making something specific. This way I don't end up with multiple texts/calls etc. asking what size was this supposed to be, how much of what did you want now? etc. LOL Personally I think lists w/pics are fine, I mean a pic is worth a 1000 words right? I think the idea was to eliminate a bunch of questions when it is easier to explain this way.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_wedding-disappointment-angry-friends?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:331ca53d-37ac-44e4-98a0-8625f81efb8fPost:4edf3a8d-6abc-46ac-8055-57eb3d27b345">Re: Wedding Disappointment, Angry Friends</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding Disappointment, Angry Friends : Okay, so I agree with bits and pieces peoples responses here, but I just had to weigh in on this....I make grocery lists/recipies like this so FI knows what to get at the grocery store if I'm making something specific. This way I don't end up with multiple texts/calls etc. asking what size was this supposed to be, how much of what did you want now? etc. LOL Personally I think lists w/pics are fine, I mean a pic is worth a 1000 words right? I think the idea was to eliminate a bunch of questions when it is easier to explain this way.
    Posted by aviola329[/QUOTE]

<div>I don't think that setting up for a wedding is the same as making dinner, just FYI.  Especially since you making dinner for FI benefits him too.  Do you think that the bridesmaids are just THAT excited to set up for the wedding in a way that's the same as your FI buying a steak HE GETS TO EAT at the store?</div>
  • I'm sorry, I have no sympathy for you. If you wanted to do some DIY projects those are your responsibility. I did so many DIY things for our wedding and I did them myself because it was something I wanted to do. Having "meetings" to go over your wedding is something I highly judge.

Also, complaining on FB is childish. 

Sorry to come off harsh but you should be happy you married H and think about how you got to marry your best friend and some people don't even have those legal rights. Everyone says things go wrong and they do, but you have to let it go. 

Planning/Project Fit

Photobucket
    "Sounds of laughter shades of earth are ringing through my open ears inciting and inviting me"
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_wedding-disappointment-angry-friends?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:331ca53d-37ac-44e4-98a0-8625f81efb8fPost:dd605acd-9b87-4f90-a0dd-f2b8b95c1e39">Re: Wedding Disappointment, Angry Friends</a>:
    [QUOTE]I truly cannot imagine how your husband must have felt when he logged onto facebook and instead of seeing an excited post about finally being married, he sees a post complaining about the wedding.
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

That hurt my heart. :(

OP, like everyone said, when you decided to have DIY elements in your wedding, YOU and you alone took on the responsibility of getting those projects done. No one is <em>entitled</em> to a wedding. It sounds like you bit off more than you could chew and expected everyone else to pick up the slack. I can't understand why you felt that your friends owed it to you to set up your wedding. Friendship is about being there for the other person emotionally and sometimes physically, but it does not turn your friends into indentured servants.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_wedding-disappointment-angry-friends?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:331ca53d-37ac-44e4-98a0-8625f81efb8fPost:4edf3a8d-6abc-46ac-8055-57eb3d27b345">Re: Wedding Disappointment, Angry Friends</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding Disappointment, Angry Friends : Okay, so I agree with bits and pieces peoples responses here, but I just had to weigh in on this....I make grocery lists/recipies like this so FI knows what to get at the grocery store if I'm making something specific. This way I don't end up with multiple texts/calls etc. asking what size was this supposed to be, how much of what did you want now? etc. LOL Personally I think lists w/pics are fine, I mean a pic is worth a 1000 words right? I think the idea was to eliminate a bunch of questions when it is easier to explain this way.
    Posted by aviola329[/QUOTE]

Making a grocery list for your FI or husband about a recipe or groceries that benefit BOTH Of you is nowhere close to being the same as making a detailed list of pics of exactly how you want your wedding to be and handing it to your closest friends. I'm astonished you can't see the difference here.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • If there's anything I see on the show Bridezillas that keeps repeating itself, it's how the bride wants her maids to get involved in DIY projects that are time consuming.

I'm sympathetic that you didn't get from your friends what they promised you, but at the same time, I would not have relied on them to produce mass DIY projects.  It just doesn't work out in reality.  To any bride or groom who wants to go DIY, my advice is to be prepared to be doing a lot of this on their own, without the help of their wedding party members, family members, or anyone else, regardless of the circumstances.  If something is really that important and big or time-consuming to put together, I think it's necessary to hire the assistance you need or carefully plan to do it on your (generic) own.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_wedding-disappointment-angry-friends?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:331ca53d-37ac-44e4-98a0-8625f81efb8fPost:be24ed98-359c-4302-a685-a40b33da7c9c">Wedding Disappointment, Angry Friends</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, my wedding was Saturday. The days leading up to were madness, the morning/day-of was insane, but we made it, walked down the aisle, and are very happy together. But I can't get over all of the things that went wrong.  First of all, the entire time I had been working on DIY-ing this thing from the ground up, my bridesmaids and MOH were mostly absent. My mother and I constantly battle, so she wasn't any help at all. So, I sat mostly on my own doing everything. A few other friends stepped in eventually and said they would help out. We had meetings, made notes, and I made sure to write detailed instructions for the day-of when I couldn't be there.  Well, being the anti-Bridezilla completely backfired. I eventually had to call in the assistance of my future husband and groomsmen because nothing was getting done. One of my bridesmaids was hungover and barfed in my bathroom that morning, my MOH was barking orders at me to help her after I had had a total of 10 hours of sleep in the previous 3 days, and I still had a ton of stuff that needed to be finished at home.  Upon arriving at the venue nearly an hour and a half after we had planned (we were going to do pre-ceremony photos), I noticed so many things that were not done correctly. Balloons that were strung up outside had shrunken to shriveled up sacks, the lights inside of them were not turned on, the picnic tables were not spaced correctly, and many of them were bunched up together after we had made blueprints for where to put them, the after-ceremony confetti was by the front door and we would not be leaving the venue, the chalkboard ceremony sign was smeared and no one had bothered to tidy it up, the favors were on the cake table and hardly anyone bothered to take any, our toasting glasses were not on our table and eventually went missing, and our table backdrop was never placed behind our table. And I'm still missing our $25 cake knife (the serving knife broke) beacuse instead of following my instructions and putting important items in our car, people took it upon themselves to take home what they thought was important, or public guests (we had a live concert at a club) took them before no one packed up our stuff in time. And my MOH left early to go a birthday party. So, while I had a good time, and feedback was positive, I still can't get it out of my head that people let me down. It wasn't until the groomsmen arrived that someone finally looked at my instruction list. "Oh, you mean she left explicitly detailed instructions with pictures? Why isn't anyone looking at this?!" And they were the primary ones to make sure our stuff was secured, even though this was not necessarily their responsiblity. But now everyone (my girlfriends) thinks they worked SOOO hard, and that I'm being selfish and unappreciative because I'm disappointed. My sadness has been met with resounding opposition and anger, and I feel like I'm going to lose a few "friends" over this. I'm also quite succeptible to slipping into depression, and I feel like that has a lot to do with it. But no one is letting me grieve. I'm now a terrible person because I'm not happy. (Fortunately, my husband is supportive, and a better man that I could've ever hoped for.) I'm seriously at a loss for what to do. Yes, I married by best friend and the love of my life, but that doesn't mean that I have to be thrilled with the way everything went. Yes, these people helped me, but they sure as hell didn't listen to me.
    Posted by freenyona[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>Wow. I just feel sorry for you. Not because of ANY of the things you're griping about, but because it is just sad to me that you just married the love of your life and THIS is what you feel like sharing.</div><div>
    </div><div>

</div>
  • Hrm, this is really interesting.  My wedding was DIY, and we had a small budget too.

Lemme see:
    My tables weren't spaced right
    The DJ table was set up in the wrong spot
    My DJ left at the wrong time during dinner, leaving no one to announce the cake cutting
    It was cold at the end of dinner
    My wedding favors were placed on the tables instead of the ceremony chairs (bubble blowers)
    They played the bridal march for our bride and groom recession
    etc

And guess what?  I don't care even a tiny itsy bitsy witsy titsy little bit. I had a freakin BLAST!!!  It was the best, most magical, wonderful, awesome, amazing..... I ran out of words, day of my life!!

All the stuff you listed are just THINGS.  Items on a list.  Who cares?  Pfffft.  You know what really matters?  Relationships.  THOSE last.  THOSE are important.  And THOSE are what you stand to lose if you keep obsessing over trifling small details.

Seriously, you're being super silly.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• I'm not made of cash either.  We had a low budget wedding but I sure as heck made sure I had $400 set aside to pay a day of coordinator to take care of everything.  Even though I had plenty of volunteers, they needed to be able to enjoy the wedding too since they were my guests.
  • I simply voiced on FB that I was disappointed, and I wished that people would all me to be sad and allow me to grieve. I wasn't just disappointed in those people, but in everything. Disappointed that I didn't have more time, disappointed that I was disappointed, disappointed that so many things got out of control.

Take a deep breath. 

I understand you were disappointed, but FB should not be the place to express that. We all have knee-jerk reactions to stressful situations and, honestly, it is not a bad thing for our reactions to be expressed then disappear.  Detailing your disappointment in so many people, in black and white on a forum which will last forever ... not such a good idea.

Here's my suggestion, don't put anything else on FB, especially nothing about the wedding.  Apologize -- by phone or handwritten note/card -- to everyone you called out on FB.  Then, let it all go. 

Enjoy wedded bliss. Just my $0.02.
  • I can empathize with you. 

Your DIY expectations might have been too high, you should have kept an eye on your belongings, and you shouldn't have posted that comment on Facebook...but I understand how you feel. If you've been dreaming of your perfect wedding and it didn't go as planned, then it would be a big let down. True friends get excited about each others' weddings and are there to help and support you - not just to enjoy the party. I think your bridal party should have stepped it up a little more.

You need closure. Go ahead and take time to mull things over; just don't announce it to the world that you're taking that time. Realize the things you did wrong or could have done differently, then have a heart to heart with your friends. Don't attack them. The point is to talk and forgive each other. 

Here's something else to think about. Maybe you're grieving the fact that your wedding is over. If you were planning the wedding for a long time and obsessing over the little details, then you might feel a void because you suddenly don't have anything left to plan. The focus of your life for the past several months probably was the wedding and all the excitement that goes along with it - and now it's over. You might need to shift your thinking back to your new husband and your life ahead. Relish the fact that you're married to the love of your life and that he's been supportive of you. Try to remember the good parts of your wedding. Plan something for you and your new husband to do together - even if it's something small, like an Autumn walk or drive. 

Remember that the wedding was only one day out of your entire life. Apologize, forgive your friends, forget the bad things, and enjoy your new married life!

• Girrrl FORGET these haters and ignoramous like comments on here!! Yes you shouldve planned better BUT there are more responsibilities than just showing up the day of....DIY projects, meetings...ALL APPROPRIATE as long as your bridesmaids accepted and/or offerred (or like some of mine ASKED)....and they knew what being a bridesmaid entails...I have a great wedding party who knew what was expected...and ask them and they will tell you that Im no where near a bridezilla because Id be just as dependable when they needed me.....ima need u not toair your dirty laundry on Facebook tho....Im telling you...wait til they get married and see how demanding they get.....on a positive note....CONGRATULATIONS...Both to your marriage and to also ridding of dead weight (FAF...Fake Ass Friends)!
    ****The Future Mrs. Ikeard**** wedding countdown
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_wedding-disappointment-angry-friends?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:331ca53d-37ac-44e4-98a0-8625f81efb8fPost:b01ff83d-e989-4845-a8b2-d55008ba279e">Re: Wedding Disappointment, Angry Friends</a>:
    [QUOTE]Girrrl FORGET these haters and ignoramous like comments on here!! Yes you shouldve planned better BUT there are more responsibilities than just showing up the day of....DIY projects, meetings...ALL APPROPRIATE as long as your bridesmaids accepted and/or offerred (or like some of mine ASKED)....and<strong> they knew what being a bridesmaid entails</strong>...I have a great wedding party who knew what was expected...and ask them and they will tell you that Im no where near a bridezilla because Id be just as dependable when they needed me.....ima need u not toair your dirty laundry on Facebook tho....Im telling you...wait til they get married and see how demanding they get.....on a positive note....CONGRATULATIONS...Both to your marriage and to also ridding of dead weight (FAF...Fake Ass Friends)!
    Posted by aquari0216[/QUOTE]

I'm not trying to start a brand new argument, but bridesmaids are not hired help. What is expected of a bridesmaid is that they purchase a dress and show up on your day somewhat sober. That's ALL I asked of my girls, and we had the best time enjoying our day, and no one was assigned tasks. That was for our hired DOC. Who we paid.

If you want your BM's to work, then pay them. Seriously.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_wedding-disappointment-angry-friends?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:331ca53d-37ac-44e4-98a0-8625f81efb8fPost:b01ff83d-e989-4845-a8b2-d55008ba279e">Re: Wedding Disappointment, Angry Friends</a>:
    [QUOTE]Girrrl FORGET these haters and ignoramous like comments on here!! Yes you shouldve planned better BUT <strong>there are more responsibilities than just showing up the day of....DIY projects, meetings...ALL APPROPRIATE as long as your bridesmaids accepted and/or offerred (or like some of mine ASKED)....and they knew what being a bridesmaid entails...I have a great wedding party who knew what was expected</strong>...and ask them and they will tell you that Im no where near a bridezilla because Id be just as dependable when they needed me.....ima need u not toair your dirty laundry on Facebook tho....Im telling you...wait til they get married and see how demanding they get.....on a positive note....CONGRATULATIONS...Both to your marriage and to also ridding of dead weight (FAF...Fake Ass Friends)!

Are you kidding me right now?

Again, no one is entitled to a wedding and no one is requiring you to have DIY stuff at your wedding. The wedding you plan is YOUR CHOICE. Making that wedding happen is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. The only people "expected" to get things done for your wedding are you and your fiance.

Why do people think weddings suddenly equate to having your friends at your beck and call for inane "meetings" about flowers and dresses and shoes? When you decide to throw a birthday party for your fiance, do you call your friends and tell them that by being your friends, they are making themselves available to string up balloons and streamers? When you decide to go back to school for an advanced degree, do your friends become your study buddies, required to tutor you and help you through exams? These are your <em>friends</em>. JFC.

Also, you're wrong. There really is no true expectation of a bridesmaid other than showing up the day of the wedding. My bridesmaids were: a nurse who's also in grad school, a stay-at-home mom with two young sons, a full-time teacher with a part-time second job, and a full-time grad student who does part-time unpaid volunteer work as a family therapist. Why the fluck would I "expect" them to do MY wedding projects?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
    [QUOTE]Girrrl FORGET these haters and ignoramous like comments on here!! Yes you shouldve planned better BUT there are more responsibilities than just showing up the day of....DIY projects, meetings...ALL APPROPRIATE as long as your bridesmaids accepted and/or offerred (or like some of mine ASKED)....and they knew what being a bridesmaid entails...I have a great wedding party who knew what was expected...and ask them and they will tell you that Im no where near a bridezilla because Id be just as dependable when they needed me.....ima need u not toair your dirty laundry on Facebook tho....Im telling you...wait til they get married and see how demanding they get.....on a positive note....CONGRATULATIONS...Both to your marriage and to also ridding of dead weight (FAF...Fake Ass Friends)!
    So when will we have the honor of seeing you on Bridezillas?
  • HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited October 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_wedding-disappointment-angry-friends?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:331ca53d-37ac-44e4-98a0-8625f81efb8fPost:b01ff83d-e989-4845-a8b2-d55008ba279e">Re: Wedding Disappointment, Angry Friends</a>:
    [QUOTE]Girrrl FORGET these haters and ignoramous like comments on here!! Yes you shouldve planned better BUT there are more responsibilities than just showing up the day of....DIY projects, meetings...ALL APPROPRIATE as long as your bridesmaids accepted and/or offerred (or like some of mine ASKED)....and they knew what being a bridesmaid entails...I have a great wedding party who knew what was expected...and ask them and they will tell you that Im no where near a bridezilla because Id be just as dependable when they needed me.....ima need u not toair your dirty laundry on Facebook tho....Im telling you...wait til they get married and see how demanding they get.....on a positive note....CONGRATULATIONS...Both to your marriage and to also ridding of dead weight (FAF...Fake Ass Friends)!

The only ignoramus here is you. I'm surprised you even know that word being this post is barely in English.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • who has meetings?? this is a fun time in your life not a business?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re:Wedding Disappointment, Angry Friends:[QUOTE]Girrrl FORGET these haters and ignoramous like comments on here!! Yes you shouldve planned better BUT there are more responsibilities than just showing up the day of....DIY projects, meetings...ALL APPROPRIATE as long as your bridesmaids accepted and/or offerred or like some of mine ASKED....and they knew what being a bridesmaid entails...I have a great wedding party who knew what was expected...and ask them and they will tell you that Im no where near a bridezilla because Id be just as dependable when they needed me.....ima need u not toair your dirty laundry on Facebook tho....Im telling you...wait til they get married and see how demanding they get.....on a positive note....CONGRATULATIONS...Both to your marriage and to also ridding of
    dead weight FAF...Fake Ass Friends!
    posted by aquari0216[/QUOTE]

Yawn

I prefer my trolls with more creative writing skills and finesse than jersey shore. Shoo now, you disappoint me.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards