Military Brides

Oh hello Monday. You can kiss my @ss! And other good mornings...

Well I'm grumpy. Everyone and their fucking mother was driving 52.3 mph on the highway this morning which just ticks me off and realllly doesn't set me up for a good workday. And it's "spring cleaning" in the lab today, which is just stupid. Hire someone, I've got real work to do. And I applied for a few jobs over the weekend and am irrationally angry I haven't heard back from anyone yet. Haha, ok that one is silly....

What's up with you guys?!

Re: Oh hello Monday. You can kiss my @ss! And other good mornings...

• UGH...well it is Monday.  BOO! So that says enough however the sun has gone missing today to that is not helping me wake up at all.  I am already on my second diet coke. 

The students start exams this week so it is going to be pretty slow in the office which will make the days drag.  Is it Friday yet?
  • I'm being very lazy this morning, and I'm still exhausted from my busy yet ridiculously fun weekend.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • H was in cell phone range this morning so I got a phone call from his cell phone at 4am.  That was a pretty decent "good morning" if I do say so myself. At first I was really confused and thought I was dreaming.

Yesterday was pretty hard, there was something about unpacking my wedding bags and getting back to "normal" that made me really sad. Now don't get me wrong, I am so ready for all the wedding stuff to leave. But it was the realization that even after the wedding nothing changed as far as distance and seeing H.... made me a little sad.

But I was talking with a friends grandparents and they were telling me that after they got married the grandfather who was in the Navy got called out to sea 2 hours after they got married, they both laughed at the situation 60 + years later. So, that was a little bit encouraging.

Photobucket
  • Beach, was this your girls weekend or was that someone else? Today is my last day of classes EVER. And I have to turn in a project, turn in a homework assignment, and give my senior thesis presentation. I was up til the wee hours of the night Friday and Sunday, and I am exhausted and stressed to the max. But, I am lookin forward to checking all this stuff off my list. One more week til I'm free!
  • I have one final today which is just turning in a project. Then our last sales meeting with the school year staff and my first meeting as a new student manager
  • Oh Irish, so about the morning, I HATE when people drive so freaking slow, like going 35 on a 45 road. Ugh

I feel pretty amazing with myself right now actually! I got back not too long ago from an awesome morning work out and I just feel so accomplished with that! Tryna get that nice summer bod in time for H's pre-deployment leave! We'll be by the beach a lot! 
  • Hey ladies! I feel meh. Classic "case of the Mondays" ha ha... Who here said they hated that? Anyway... I am trying to get ready for work, but am lagging and will probably be late. Whatever...
  • In Response to Re:Oh hello Monday. You can kiss my ss! And other good mornings...:[QUOTE]Hey ladies! I feel meh. Classic "case of the Mondays" ha ha... Who here said they hated that? Anyway... I am trying to get ready for work, but am lagging and will probably be late. Whatever... Posted by CAB1217[/QUOTE]
    I hate that phrase haha! Usually because its said annoyingly. If that makes sense.
    I'm ok. My last two clients cancelled today. I gained weight. I'm tired. I have to go grocery shopping after work. I'm all over the place basically haha.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_oh-hello-monday-you-can-kiss-my-ss-and-other-good-mornings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:757a4132-5891-4605-b2ec-7ad5803bd4cePost:4f42b91b-0e1a-4219-95de-723261c1a8b0">Re: Oh hello Monday. You can kiss my @ss! And other good mornings...</a>:
    [QUOTE]H was in cell phone range this morning so I got a phone call from his cell phone at 4am.  That was a pretty decent "good morning" if I do say so myself. At first I was really confused and thought I was dreaming. Yesterday was pretty hard, there was something about unpacking my wedding bags and getting back to "normal" that made me really sad. <strong>Now don't get me wrong, I am so ready for all the wedding stuff to leave. But it was the realization that even after the wedding nothing changed as far as distance and seeing H.... made me a little sad. </strong>  But I was talking with a friends grandparents and they were telling me that after they got married the grandfather who was in the Navy got called out to sea 2 hours after they got married, they both laughed at the situation 60 + years later. So, that was a little bit encouraging.
    Posted by AmandaSC1988[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Oh Amanda, I hear you on this. I am NOT looking forward to returning home after the wedding/HM... and I'm blessed that we're getting to even HM right after the wedding. I just know it's going to suck big time to go back to "life as usual" living in a different state (with my parents! lol). </div><div>
    </div><div>I hate it when people do that, too, Irish!</div><div>
    </div><div>I am at work. I fell asleep on the couch and woke up to my boss coming in the station. I think I managed to make myself look busy enough by the time she found me, lol. </div><div>It's rainy and cool here again and that just begs me to fall asleep! </div><div>
    </div><div>Today, I am doing more studying. Hooooooooooray (yeah, I am SO enthusiastic. Not). I'm ready to finish this stupid unit and get married :)</div><div>
    </div><div>The only fun part about today is hearing back from some of my outstanding RSVPs. I am kind of bummed though because a lot of my friends from the Hospital can't make it. If I didn't know better, I would say the schedule lady hates me because a majority of the people scheduled to work that day are the people I'm closest with. Ah well. 

</div>
    wedding1 Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_oh-hello-monday-you-can-kiss-my-ss-and-other-good-mornings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:757a4132-5891-4605-b2ec-7ad5803bd4cePost:fedff967-d8e3-4506-bca4-e954e68fc058">Re:Oh hello Monday. You can kiss my ss! And other good mornings...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Oh hello Monday. You can kiss my ss! And other good mornings...: I hate that phrase haha! Usually because its said annoyingly. If that makes sense. I'm ok. My last two clients cancelled today. I gained weight. I'm tired. I have to go grocery shopping after work. I'm all over the place basically haha.
    Posted by ggirl2001[/QUOTE]

I said it to purposefully irk SOMEONE today, so I am glad it was you! Ha ha! Just kidding! :)

I made it to work after all... and early, even. Not sure how I pulled that one off. I wanna go back to my bed :/
  • Fire - It is hard being away from him, and most of the time I just keep chugging along, but TBH the worse is getting pity from everyone. The "OMG, I'm so sorry...how are you handling it? Are you sad?!" gets really annoying. I have started being a smart asss about it though, telling everyone that... "H went on a XX day cruise leaving out of XX. It was his dream to go on a HM cruise with a bunch of dudes and terrible food."  

But if you need anyone to talk to I'm here. Sometime you just need to complain to someone other than H/FI.... because they always end up feeling really guilty about it all. When all you need is to get it off your chest.
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_oh-hello-monday-you-can-kiss-my-ss-and-other-good-mornings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:757a4132-5891-4605-b2ec-7ad5803bd4cePost:f1150852-e54c-445d-8e9b-658944fca925">Re: Oh hello Monday. You can kiss my @ss! And other good mornings...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Fire - It is hard being away from him, and most of the time I just keep chugging along, but TBH the worse is getting pity from everyone. The "OMG, I'm so sorry...how are you handling it? Are you sad?!" gets really annoying. I have started being a smart asss about it though, telling everyone that... "H went on a XX day cruise leaving out of XX. It was his dream to go on a HM cruise with a bunch of dudes and terrible food."  <strong> But if you need anyone to talk to I'm here. Sometime you just need to complain to someone other than H/FI.... because they always end up feeling really guilty about it all. When all you need is to get it off your chest.</strong>
    Posted by AmandaSC1988[/QUOTE]

<div>Right back at ya.. and like you said yesterday, worst case scenario, we can be jobless together once we do end up with our H's! hahahaha. </div><div>I hate mentioning to FI how much it sucks because he feels bad about it. Somedays, it really is just that I want to be able to say "yeah, this really is going to blow" even though I know it's what I signed up for... and I definitely don't want him to feel badly about it. It is what it is... and he's worth it. Just stinks at times.</div><div>
    </div><div>I am also not looking forward to the pity and the "oh how are you taking it?" questions. </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
    wedding1 Anniversary
  • I'm stressed. My last day at my current job is Friday and things are still not completely sorted out with the Gov't Contract/New Job I plan to switch to.

Last night we booked our room for a friends wedding- holy sh!t balls it was spendy. Plus side I found an awesome Doggie Resort for Missy which should lower my anxiety about leaving her. I keep telling myself it's also our anniversary so it's okay to take the trip. (Sammy and Hike please keep telling me how Kick @$$ Pittsburgh is and how it's worth all this dough! ;) !! ).
    I want the COOOOOKIE!
    Credit to Awkward Family Pet Photos
    http://tiny.cc/kpfcdw
  • In Response to Re:Oh hello Monday. You can kiss my ss! And other good mornings...:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh hello Monday. You can kiss my ss! And other good mornings...:Fire It is hard being away from him, and most of the time I just keep chugging along, but TBH the worse is getting pity from everyone.nbsp;The "OMG, I'm so sorry...how are you handling it? Are you sad?!" gets really annoying. I have started being a smart asss about it though, telling everyone that... "H went on anbsp;XX day cruise leaving out ofnbsp;XX.nbsp;It was his dream to go on anbsp;HM cruise with a bunch ofnbsp;dudes and terrible food."nbsp;nbsp; But if you need anyone to talk to I'm here. Sometime you just need to complainnbsp;to someone other than H/FI.... becausenbsp;they always end up feeling really guilty about it all. When all you need is to get it off your chest.Posted by AmandaSC1988Right back at ya.. and like you said yesterday, worst case scenario, we can be jobless together once we do end up with our H's! hahahaha.nbsp;I hate mentioning to FI how much it sucks because he feels bad about it. Somedays, it really is just that I want to be able to say "yeah, this really is going to blow" even though I know it's what I signed up for... and I definitely don't want him to feel badly about it. It is what it is... and he's worth it. Just stinks at times.I am also not looking forward to the pity and the "oh how are you taking it?" questions.nbsp; Posted by firemedicrr[/QUOTE]

I can't bold but I get the last part a lot. I jokingly tell them that its a good thing he hasn't been around this semester because I'm so busy I wouldn't have time for him anyways!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards