Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

How much should I pay musicians?

I have three musicians playing in my wedding ceremony.  I'm wondering how much to pay them all.  Any help would be appreciated.  They are all friends of mine, as well.

The first is a vocalist, singing one song during the ceremony.  I'll need her at the rehearsal for an hour and at the ceremony for about a half an hour.  She and her husband will also be attending the rehearsal dinner and the reception.

The second is a guitarist, who will accompany the vocalist on the one song, and he will also be playing music for about 15 minutes prior to the ceremony as people enter.  I will also need him for about an hour for the rehearsal and an hour at the ceremony.  He and his wife will also be attending the rehearsal dinner and the reception.

The third is a close friend of mine, who will play a big role.  He will be playing music prior to the ceremony with the guitarist.  He also will be performing a song that he wrote for my fiancee during her walk down the aisle.  He is also traveling across the country to be here, and he had to purchase studio time to record the song that he wrote for her, so he has a lot invested into this trip and this ceremony. 

Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

Re: How much should I pay musicians?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmm, I think I would ask them what their expectations are. This is something that is going to vary depending on what part of the country you are in, etc, so I would ask them or ask someone around you that would know better.

We paid our church organist $150 which was required. And then we paid our cantor $50 which was a fee set by her for weddings. But of course this was in a church and we got married in the midwest.
  • Options
    BoxOfRocksBoxOfRocks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are these professionals?  If so, I'd ask them directly what their fees are.  If not, I agree with the PP--ask around to find out what the going rate is in your area and for the scope of work you're asking for.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards