Louisiana-New Orleans

Bridal Shops- Metairie/New Orleans

My bridesmaids and I are going dress hunting this Saturday, I was wondering if anyone could suggest some places. I am really trying to keep the cost down for them so that being in the wedding is still an honor and not a burden. I know that gowns are priced differently at every shop, who is known for cheaper prices?

Re: Bridal Shops- Metairie/New Orleans

• meganb1977meganb1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you can get all your bridesmaids together the best deals for them will be at Penney's or Macy's.  I think David's Bridal is about the next best if you can't get everyone together (this is what I did), and they have a good variety of fabrics and styles, and colors.  My attendants liked the dresses they looked at there and were confident of making selections they could use again, and the dresses were in the $150 range with a few styles that ran a little cheaper but would need a belt/sash.  If you're looking for your wedding dress as well, David's Bridal will also almost consistently have good deals for you and $99 sale or discounted gowns available, however, I caught a sample sale at Bustles and Bows in Metairie across from Lakeside and got my gown off the rack there for $96 (another dress I almost purchased was originally $850 marked down to $425).  However, I'd advise against looking for you gown with all your attendants there because there's not always enough room for everyone to sit and too many opinions gets confusing!  The only other shop I dealt with is Wedding Belles on Magazine St. VERY nice but I'd avoid them if you're looking to not spend too much, all their wedding gowns are $1,500 - $3,000 and I think most of their attendants' dresses were at least $200.
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • edited December 2011
    My bridesmaids selected David's Bridal for their dresses. None of them needed alterations, since the dresses fit like regular department stores, and they were really affordable. Almost all of the dresses were about $110, and one BM selected a dress that was around $125. These were cocktail length dresses though, not sure for floor length. 
    I bought my gown from Pearl's Place and was surprised at the affordable variety they had. If you call and tell them what price point you're trying to stay within, they'll let you know if they have dresses in that range. Alterations are included, but they don't take appointments. I'll be waiting in the loooooong line on Saturday for my 2nd fitting. Yay! Have fun dress shopping!!
  • Trixie_LaRueTrixie_LaRue member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Whatever you do, do not go to Pearl's Place. They didn't order one of my bridesmaids dress and when my veil came in, it was the wrong one. Thankfully my wedding is in October so I didn't have to freak out about the dress being late.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards