Snarky Brides

Chicken Wing craziness!

Intro to me 32 FI 44 my second marraige first wedding his first of both.  I have a DS who is 10.   I have been lurking here on the knot for some time and occasionally post if I have a question, or just can not stay hidden in the corner.  I am one of those ppl who you either like or dislike.  FI is incredibly laid back. Neither of us are very social, really we just wanted to elope, but we are 32 days out from our 200+ wedding. 

So on to my post!!  Let me start by saying I love this man so much it hurts, I respect him, value him, & admire him however, sometimes he has the dumbest ideas!  Today he comes in and tells me (I am going to go ahead and quote him directly)

HIM:Hey Babe?  I just talked to my buddy, he is making his chicken wings and you know he makes his own sauce and well we got it all figured out. (claps hands) I'm gonna go buy a bag of wings and he is gonna make them for the wedding.

ME: No.

HIM: Why not?  They're awesome!

ME:  Several reasons, but we will start with 1 bag of wings won't feed everyone at the wedding. (There is like 2 dozen wings in each bag)

HIM: I'll buy 2 bags.

ME: No babe, it is just a no.  Why can't you buy a bag and go over there and make them with him.

HIM: Don't worry, I got this.  I am gonna add some spice to the wedding.

At this point he headed outside and I headed for the wine and my laptop, he did poke his head back in to ask if I thought he should grow a mustache.  I am pretty sure he is kidding about the stash, but I am going to have to figure out how to keep the wedding wing free.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Chicken Wing craziness!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_chicken-wing-craziness?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:164a2bfa-6672-4aea-82d5-15cb6f2d9afePost:ddba2eec-c681-4f49-a217-f0328c59a526">Chicken Wing craziness!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Intro to me 32 FI 44<strong>my second marraige first wedding</strong> his first of both. Posted by Gatorsgirl731[/QUOTE]

What does the bold mean?

As far as keeping the wedding chicken wing free I would used the whole, I just want your friend to enjoy the wedding as a guest and not have to work on making enough food for all the guest. That would be a lot of wings, seeing as people just don't eat one.
  • Can your friend maybe do wings for the RD, or something? 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • I love wings.....
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • I was married once before but we did not have a wedding or reception.  I recommended he make them for something else maybe we have them over and they can bring some wings and we can grill.  That is when he made the "adding some spice to the wedding" comment.  I am sure the wings are great, but he is not concerned that everyone won't get at least one.  After I pointed out a few more times that there would not be enough for everyone he was like "well there not for everyone".  Clueless.  He just wants the wings. 
  • So he just wants the wings, and just for select people?  Suggest bachelor party, RD, a guys night the week before, something.  Then he'll get his wings.

• And also?  I think it's hilarious when people have to start with the disclaimer that they love the person they're posting about.  Yes, I assumed so if you're, you know, marrying him.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_chicken-wing-craziness?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:164a2bfa-6672-4aea-82d5-15cb6f2d9afePost:ca7fcb5e-ef83-46dd-8a81-6ea30c290488">Re: Chicken Wing craziness!</a>:
    [QUOTE]And also?  I think it's hilarious when people have to start with the disclaimer that they love the person they're posting about.  Yes, I assumed so if you're, you know, marrying him.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

I know I just like saying it.  You know how it is.... he's all perfect and everything so i just want everyone to know.  I'm an idiot, I don't proof read and I should.   It's been a little over an hour and we are fixing to have dinner (chicken) so I will mention the wings again.  It's not that he doesn't care that everyone gets one, he just wants to make sure he does.  There really isn't any logic to the way he is thinking.
  • This sounds awesome. I totally think you should get wings. Your FI sounds like my kind of guy..
    June 16, 2012
  • That's pretty good.  If you figure 4 wings per person at 200 ppl he would need 800 wings.  The bags of wings he wants me to buy are $18 a bag for 24 that ends up being $612 and that does not include the cost of everything else to make them and the sauce!  He will pass out. On another note I called the buddy's wife, and she laughed and said "No way we are bringing you the coffee pot you want!"  She makes me laugh.  Now if I can only get him to shave....  Your a Sept 29 Bride!  Are you having an out door wedding so you can see the moon?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_chicken-wing-craziness?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:164a2bfa-6672-4aea-82d5-15cb6f2d9afePost:8889fe25-25a8-4699-beb4-0f30df13fd2d">Re: Chicken Wing craziness!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have no idea what's going on with the moon on 9/29 but yes we are getting married outside.
    Posted by Dot Dash[/QUOTE]

September 29th is the Harvest moon, it will be big and red.  Great for some outdoor pics.  It is one of 2 reasons we are getting married in September. 
  • mmmm......wings....... nom nom nom.

i read this and thought: wing sauce on grooms fingers/hands + white dress... not a good recipe.  (pun intended.)

the harvest moon sounds amazing!  congrats!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    201 Invited image 139 Attending image 20 Declined image 42 Are making me wait image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_chicken-wing-craziness?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:164a2bfa-6672-4aea-82d5-15cb6f2d9afePost:d1dcd37d-1f7c-4373-8e61-caa15957b8dc">Re: Chicken Wing craziness!</a>:
    [QUOTE]mmmm......wings....... nom nom nom. i read this and thought:<strong> wing sauce on grooms fingers/hands + white dress... not a good recipe</strong>.  (pun intended.) the harvest moon sounds amazing!  congrats!
    Posted by rachelm13[/QUOTE]

Your very right, the thought makes me cringe.  That and the sauce stain in the corners of his mouth for every picture post wings.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards