Kentucky-Louisville
Options

Southern Reception Venue Ideas

Hi everyone,
I recently became engaged. We are already looking into reception venues. The theme we are going for is a southern plantation style. Think southern hospitality in Georgia! Does anyone have any ideas of a venue that would be fitting for this? Right now we are looking into The Olmsted.
Thanks for your help!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Southern Reception Venue Ideas

• Options
    Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Olmstead would be great! You should also look into Locust Grove, Whitehall, Farmington, Farnsley-Mormen Landing. I'm sure there are some others I'm forgetting...  http://www.historichomes.org/
  • Options
    ZachandMereZachandMere member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are some fabulous old homes/churches/country clubs in Anchorage, KY which is right outside of Louisville.  I'd call City Hall and ask them if there is someone you should speak with if you're looking at a home/church.  I'm doing my wedding at the country club there (Owl Creek - not the subdivision) and they have been beyond fabulous.  Their website is www.owlcreekcc.com and their phone number is 502-245-4157 (ask to speak with Karla).  Best of luck!
  • Options
    whitneygeslerwhitneygesler member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much! I will definitely be looking into all these venues!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    tseaytseay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having my wedding at the Olmsted and so far it has been a pleasent experience. I'm going for a classic romatic (vintage inspired) theme. The large windows, candle lights, etc. at the olmsted will really lend itself to your theme.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards