Outdoor Weddings
Options

Sun in the eyes :(

So we didn't really think about it when we picked out our ceremony spot [memorial garden in a public park]... but the sun will be shining right into our eyes at our 4pm ceremony time. :(  FI has suggested wearing some cool sunglasses, which I think could be fun, but not for the whole ceremony or during our vows... I don't know. Any ideas on what we could do?

Re: Sun in the eyes :(

• Options
    That's always the problem with outdoor weddings. We were fortunate enough for our photographer (who suggested the site) to tell us a morning wedding would make for better photos because of the sun.  I would also suggest something like a canopy to block out the sun.  Sunglasses would only really work if you are having a very nontraditional wedding and want some goofiness.

Anniversary

PitaPata Dog tickers

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!

• Options
    Maybe a tent? Or like a PP suggested, a canopy.
    Amanda and Eric Gettin' married 10/10/10
  • Options
    Maybe this is a really stupid suggestion, but could you face another direction?
  • Options
    Flip the direction in which you're standing ... let the sun shine in the officiant's eyes (he/she can wear sunglasses). 
  • Options
    I really like the canopy suggestion... You could even decorate it with your wedding flowers or do something creative like send some ribbon out in your invitations and ask your guests to write a wish they have for the two of you on it with sharpie and then have them send it back to you with the rsvps... It would be a neat idea to decorate the legs of the canopy with and would also be a creative way to be extra sentimental during the ceremony! Wink
    Future Mrs. Christopher Carithers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards