Not Engaged Yet
Options

Thursday Questions

Man, it is quiet around here today! I'm getting excited for the weekend, so that's where my mind is.

1. What are your plans for the weekend?

2. Are you currently working on or planning on doing any projects?

3. Are you getting excited for spring?

4. If so, do you do anything special to prepare for spring?

5. What news story (domestic or international), if any, are you following?

Re: Thursday Questions

• Options
    motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
      A little cleaning, attending a going away party at a hookah lounge and going out to the pier on sunday to do a little graduate work on oysters with FI and BFF perhaps get some yummy seafood lunch. 

Working on my graduate project on the propagule effects on the Pacific Oyster here in Southern California.  If I can get this bitch done I can graduate this spring!!!

OF COURSE! It means longer days for me to enjoy surfing, mountain biking and running after work! 

Lose more weight and stay in shape for the summer beach times!  That's about it. 

I'm pretty cloistered in my own little world I like watching the news, but I don't have a TV so I don't hear about the news unless someone at work is talking about it.  The only thing that I am aware about is the massive floods in Australia, since I heard that on the radio on my way to work. 
  • Options
    heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have any so far :( school work?

Do essays count? I'm working on three. Two on international children's rights and one on the 19th century agathos according to Thomas Carlyle.

Christmas is over which means winter should be too!!!

Not really, this is the busiest time for school.

The only thing I've really been following is Rob Ford's term as mayor of Toronto so far.
  • Options
    Blue & WhiteBlue & White member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    1. What are your plans for the weekend?  Friday, we're seeing The Mechanic.  Saturday, I think we're painting pottery and going a fancy dinner for Restaurant week :)  I love fancy food.

I think I have 2 cross-stitches started and a quilt and a painting.  So the question should be "are you planning on finishing any projects soon?" and yea, I am, but I have crafting ADD :)

Yep!  But we have to go skiing first (late Feb, it looks like)

No, but it's my birthday and it's warmer, so both of those are good reasons

Can't say I can think of any currently that intrigue me a ton.  Unless you count the billions of tons of snow that dumped on MD/NJ/PA/NY last night. 
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    Beads921Beads921 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay! A new thread. I agree, it's super quiet around here today...kinda bizarre...

I don't know yet. I have a few options, all of which involve going out drinking just in different places. And homework. Lots and lots of homework.

Other than school stuff? No, not really. I'm half-ish working on a new mixed-media piece which is an old window from a house demo, some paintings I'm working on (3/5 done), and a few other things. School's kinda holding me back from really getting into it though.

Yes! I was just thinking about how awesome it will be to not have to wear 18 layers just to go to class.

No. Not really. Getting my snow tires off is about the only thing I do annually...

None at the moment. School is seriously taking over my life. I used to be very informed, read the paper daily, watched the news nightly, and it's just not happening for me right now. I hate it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Tomorrow is our engagement party! Then Saturday two of our friends are having a joint birthday party. AND we're meeting with a photographer on Sunday! Can I get a weekend after my weekend??

Planning my wedding? LOL I feel like it is consuming me right now, but as soon as we nail down the big things I'll take a break :) 

YES! Spring is such a great time - days getting longer, no more parkas, stuff is starting to grow, and my MOH's wedding is in May!! 

Hmm, no. . . nothing special. I want to start running outside with FI once the weather starts to cooperate. . . 

The race to replace Mayor Daley in Chicago is big news right now. FI and I watch the local news every morning.  

EDIT: I missed number 5! 
  • Options
    Beads921Beads921 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-questions-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7ec7c617-5a21-4b05-8ba9-ef8518baef94Post:80a8da40-58c3-4439-9209-ceb5cf657933">Re: Thursday Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. What are your plans for the weekend?   A little cleaning, attending a going away party at a hookah lounge and going out to the pier on sunday to do a little graduate work on oysters with FI and BFF perhaps get some yummy seafood lunch.  2. Are you currently working on or planning on doing any projects? Working on my graduate project on the propagule effects on the Pacific Oyster here in Southern California.  If I can get this bitch done I can graduate this spring!!! 3. Are you getting excited for spring? OF COURSE! It means longer days for me to enjoy surfing, mountain biking and running after work!  4. If so, do you do anything special to prepare for spring? Lose more weight and stay in shape for the summer beach times!  That's about it.  5. What news story (domestic or international), if any, are you following? I'm pretty cloistered in my own little world I like watching the news, but I don't have a TV so I don't hear about the news unless someone at work is talking about it.  The only thing that I am aware about is the massive floods in Australia, since I heard that on the radio on my way to work. 
    Posted by motoLyn[/QUOTE]

<div>I secretly envy you every time I read your posts about surfing, the beach, warmth, etc etc. I'm sooo done with winter right now!</div><div>
    </div><div>Edit: I've also always wanted to go to a hookah lounge, but I don't know of any here. </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Baby shower for BF's SIL Sunday.  But she had the baby Monday, I don't know if it is still on.
    I weave chair bottoms, and I need to get more of my chairs out and sell them.
    YES!  I hate snow.  Christmas is over, I want it to go away.
    Clean and rotate my closet
    Kentucky is trying to pass a bill that requires drug testing for Welfare recipients.  I'm trying to pay better attention to it.

The city commissioners here have passed the no-smoking ordinance.  I've been fighting it, and hoping they will make some amendments.

I've shared this before, but here's one of my chairs:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Friday we are going to a trivia night with BF's coworkers, Saturday and Sunday will be getting things done around the house. Maybe go out for a music evening in town.

Project 1: I have our office emptied, nail holes patched and everything taped. I just need to get my act together and paint.  Project 2: I have done the measuring and pricing out, now I just need to go buy the supplies and better insulate my attic. Project 3: I have material washed and cording bought, all I need to do is get my sewing machine out and get working!

I noticed the sun rising on the way to work last week and started to get super exicited for spring. Commuting in the dark both ways is awful.

The only must is getting the snow tires taken off. However, I want a garden this year and want to plant seeds at the end of February to mid March. Also, I really want to get a pedicure to prepare for open shoe weather.

In Canadian news, I've been following the death of a police officer who was hit by a snowplow in Toronto and the polygamy trial going on in British Columbia. I follow weird stuff domestically.

Internationally, I try to keep up with American news because of BF, particularly in California. Specific stories though I'm following the flooding in Australia and the protesting in Tunisia, Egypt and Yemen.
  • Options
    marleylikeairmarleylikeair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Movie date with BF! And probably painting the dining room.

Painting the house and ridding it of tan walls/brown trim, then decorating! WAHOO!

Kinda. It's kind of far off, so I'm trying not to be.

Not really...just looking forward to wearing cute sundresses. :)

I try to keep an eye on what's happening in national politics, but I can only take so much before it majorly depresses me.
  • Options
    MLekathLEENMLekathLEEN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI is coming home from a two week stretch in Ohio!! We will probably hang out around the house and he will sleep while I watch tv and sigh loudly.

Homework, Homework, Homework.

Eh, I haven't had enough snow yet.

I get my truck washed, LOL

Pretty much anything involving things that are related to my job.
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BF is going up to Orlando area to do the run that Lyn did a few months ago - Warrior Dash.  So I'll have the house to myself on Saturday.  I have to pick up a new TV that I found on craigslist for $50, as ours died this week.  We're finally getting a HDTV, and it's 4 inches bigger (38 inch vs 34 inch), which is kind of exciting.  It's not a flat screen, but I honestly could care less.  I'm just happy to have a TV that works - HD is a bonus!

None in particular.  I want to plant some more herbs since it's the perfect time of year - they burn to a crisp in the summer.

Eh... the weather's nice now, and I don't want it to get hot again.  I dread the summer.  Plus I want to enjoy now as much as possible since BF will be gone all summer.

When I lived up north, I'd plant my tomatoes and herbs and flowers.  Down here, flowers die so easily, so I skip that (I miss them).  We also go to a bunch of farmers markets - I love the food that is in season this time of year!

5. What news story (domestic or international), if any, are you following? A bit about Rahm Emanual's issues while trying to run for Mayor of Chicago.  I think he'd be really good, and their reasons for keeping him from it are silly.  They say you have to be a resident for 1 year previous, which makes sense to keep newcomers out, but R.E.'s had his home in Chicago for nearly his whole life, and just spent the last two years in DC as Chief of Staff for the Obama Administration, so he was serving his country.  I feel like that's different - they wouldn't hold residency against a Senator seeking reelection, why hold it against R.E.?

Anniversary

• Options
    PolkaDotBellaPolkaDotBella member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're going out for dinner and drinks tomorrow night with a friend and her bf whom we haven't seen in forever! Saturday and Sunday will consist of homework... and going to visit the BF's family and help his dad clean out their garage.

School wise- just a few papers and projects on school safety. Other projects consist of finishing the tile in our house and working on a landscape plan for our backyard so we can get planting veggies and herbs.

Yes! I'm ready for it to be warmer so I can get back to the beach and go snorkeling. I also want to try surfing and scuba diving too!

Spring cleaning!

5. What news story (domestic or international), if any, are you following? Not really... though I do try to stay up to date on what's going on in the education scene...
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    ..::..In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities ~Janos Arnay..::..
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI is moving in! Also, he says he's giving me my ring this weekend :)

I'm taking a baking class for fun and I'm planning to try some of the recipes out at home. In particular, challah, pizza dough, cinnamon rolls. Mmmmm!

I guess...it still feels like it's so far away.

Hopefully starting to run outside if it gets warmer.

Nothing really unless you count the superbowl. GO STEELERS!
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

• Options
    motoLynmotoLyn member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-questions-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7ec7c617-5a21-4b05-8ba9-ef8518baef94Post:810afff4-16b2-4156-9abe-493360169d3d">Re: Thursday Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. What are your plans for the weekend? FI is moving in! Also, he says he's giving me my ring this weekend :)
    Posted by mookow86[/QUOTE]

YAY!  Remember pics!!!!  Monday there should be AW from you.
  • Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    Either going out of town to visit FI or helping a friend move.

Sort of.  I'm working on an editing project for a job I'm hoping to get.

YES.  Bring on the warm.

Nope.

I'm pretty actively following Gabrielle Giffords's recovery.  I can't think of anything else.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-questions-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7ec7c617-5a21-4b05-8ba9-ef8518baef94Post:63949beb-94ce-4abb-bf4b-717fa7325cb6">Re: Thursday Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday Questions : YAY!  Remember pics!!!!  Monday there should be AW from you.
    Posted by motoLyn[/QUOTE]
    Ok I can do that :)
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

• Options
    sparkles88sparkles88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A pedicure and a Mary Kay party my friend is throwing.

No big projects

Yes. I love warmer weather.

Expand my wardrobe with cute sundresses and the like.

A city councilwoman in a town near Las Vegas shot her husband then herself. Pretty crazy.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My parents are coming to visit me, which should be pretty fun. Other than that, nothing planned much, besides work on all of my homework, that is already starting to pile up. eek.

Only school projects. There's no time for 'fun' projects during school. :(

YES!! So excited.

Nothing, except get in a better mood.

Not really anything recently.

I'm boring. haha
    When you love someone, you can tell. When you're in love with someone, everyone else can tell.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Geting my hair did on Saturday, courtesy of my mom. According to her it's high time I have "adult hair" and is taking me to "her" stylist, who is a supposed expert on curly hair. I'm skeptical, but she's paying so who am I to object?

Nope, nothing other than finding a job.

YES. I am tired of snow!

No. Well, sometimes I go shopping ;)

Nothing right now.

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nothing planned for Friday or Sunday at this point.  Saturday morning a friend's son is coming over to meet FI and the cats (he house sat for me a couple years ago, so he already knows my dog) - he's going to stay with the animals on our wedding night since we'll be staying in a hotel room.  Saturday afternoon, I'm going to my parent's house and a friend has offered to create my bouquets/bouts for me and he wants me there when he makes them.

Besides wedding stuff?  I'm working on getting my card and invite samples ready for an Open House at my reception venue - our coordinator invited me and is givine me a table in hopes of drumming up some business 'cause she loved our invitations I made.

Heck Yeah!  By spring I'll be an old married hag!

get married!  I guess I can only use that for this year...I usually get the spring cleaning bug and will do a major house cleaning over a 2-week time frame - that may get put aside this year as we still haven't unpacked all of FI's stuff and now we'll be adding wedding gifts to the mix.

Nothing specific - we watch the news and read the newspaper and we'll talk about different things that we watched or read every day.  I am following all NASCAR news though, since the season starts in just a couple weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards