Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Excited!

So I know this is probably kinda odd, but i logged into by BB&B registry to update a couple things, and saw that one of our items has been purchased!  It's not even that I'm excited about the gift, it's that the wedding seems so much more "real" now since the day is getting closer! (I'm Jan. 4th)

Re: Excited!

• Options
    Yay for registry stalking!   We stalked the hell out of our registry (we needed to know when to expect packages so we could go pick them up from the post office before they were returned to sender).    Be forwarned -- it's addictive:-)  Especially the BBB one that tells you how many have been purchased and how many remain.....
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_excited?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:141fda96-b5c2-44bf-ad37-bd7150a0dfd4Post:0d5ad772-a85f-48a9-b87f-d23bf1218d53">Re: Excited!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay for registry stalking!   We stalked the hell out of our registry (we needed to know when to expect packages so we could go pick them up from the post office before they were returned to sender).    Be forwarned -- it's addictive:-)  Especially <strong>the BBB one that tells you how many have been purchased and how many remain.....</strong>
    Posted by Avion22[/QUOTE]

Because I could NOT stop stalking the registry, my compromise with myself was that I could look at the count at the top, but not look at specific presents.
  • Options
    You guys are absolutely right...it's terrible!  I'm already stalking it with a little less than 4 months to go!
  • Options
    divinemsbeedivinemsbee member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited September 2012
    I'm at 7 weeks out and my invitations went out Friday (and yay! for USPS, a lot of people already have them). I'm forcing myself to stay off at this point, but will probably break. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_excited?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:141fda96-b5c2-44bf-ad37-bd7150a0dfd4Post:4fedf46a-50b6-4b90-8db1-be7c2c994461">Re: Excited!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Excited! : Because I could NOT stop stalking the registry, my compromise with myself was that I could look at the count at the top, but not look at specific presents.
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I did, too. In the weeks before my shower, I had my sister check it to make sure the items left to purchase were in various price ranges and that there were still plenty of options.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    There is nothing odd about registry stalking... We all are excited about what has left. 

And guests never know, about what things you are excited. So, be patient and wait for the gifts to get purchased.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards