Chit Chat
Options

Will Airbrush tan stain my wedding dress?

I am taking my bridal pics soon and i know i will sweat like crazy out side. will airbrush stain my dress? I dont want to have tan spots around the armpit area for my wedding day.

Re: Will Airbrush tan stain my wedding dress?

• Options
    I've heard some that have had their tan stain and then there were some that had no problem at all.

I think it depends on the makeup of the spray tan and how well it sticks to your body? I've never had a spray tan before so I don't know for sure.

If you're really worried about it, I'd skip it. That way you'll be more comfortable in your dress and not worried about your every move. Your pictures will look more natural that way :)

Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I wouldn't risk it.  I worked at a tanning salon that had the really good, expensive air brushing--tried it once and it wore off on anything white I wore for the rest of the week.  This was 5 years ago but I still wouldn't do it.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I did this once and it did stain things the day I got it done. I for sure wouldn't do it the same day you are getting the pics done.
    -This is not legal advice- Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPiclarger_image
  • Options
    Mine stained the day I had it done and 2 days after. I didn't like the airbrush tan though. I exfoliated like crazy the days before and did everything as recommended, and it faded within a week. And when it was fading, my skin looked scaly like it came off in blotches. So iif you're planning a honeymoon right after, I would definitely skip it.
  • Options

One of my friends had a spray tan...and it did stain the inside of her dress, i wouldnt risk it...thats my opinion.

Vacation Anniversary
  • Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    I replied to your post on the ceremony board., please put XP in posts you dup to other boards!
  • Options
    I had the same concer. I went to my lady and she swore that it wouldn't rub off. I got my spray tan 4 days before the wedding and it still stained the inside of my dress and right under the arm pits. I was so mad. Luckily no one noticed. But if I had to do it again, I wouldn't get spray tanned.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Yes-I have seen it stain many a dress. Very unappealing.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker < br > Planning Bio
  • Options
    test it out! get an airbrush tan and the few days after wear a white shirt and see what the shirt looks like at the end of the day. One, or even two, days after may have some stains, but maybe after 3 or 4 days you won't. Then for the pictures, or your wedding, make sure you give yourself that time to 'dry'.
  • Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    sounds messy... OP i would avoid it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards