October 2013 Weddings

october 2013...is october too cold for an outdoor wedding?

My bf and i have been talking about getting engaged on our 3.5 yr anniversary and getting married on our 5 yr anniversary....our wedding would be october 20,2013...do u think that it will be too cold to have an outdoor wedding ceremony..but an inside reception???  

Re: october 2013...is october too cold for an outdoor wedding?

• I love October. I think the weather will be just the right temperature.  I am not getting married until 6:30 in the evening and that is fine by me.I am getting married at the same venue.  My wedding and cocktail hour will both be outside.  If it  rains, I do not mind moving the cocktail hour inside if it is too cold but I do have a tent set up outside where the ceremony will take place.  October can be hit or miss but so can any day!  Good Luck!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • We're planning an October 6th wedding in upstate NY, and we want an outdoor ceremony and the reception in a barn. I'm thinking it'll be fine if the ceremony is during the late afternoon when it's still milking the warmest part of the day... say 3:00 or 4:00ish.

I was planning on providing a basket of assorted fleece blankets so if guests get a little chilly they can grab one to throw over their shoulders.

http://www.thepromohut.com/apparel/wholesale-fleece-blankets/econo-fleece-blanket.html
  • ok thank you...now i feel better about it....im glad other couples are looking at outdoor october weddings!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_october-2013is-october-too-cold-for-an-outdoor-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:42ebfa2d-28ab-4ede-8ac8-7edc25c5f3dcPost:98482c0a-e7e4-4b87-a82c-5462b4242053">october 2013...is october too cold for an outdoor wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My bf and i have been talking about getting engaged on our 3.5 yr anniversary and getting married on our 5 yr anniversary....our wedding would be october 20,2013...do u think that it will be too cold to have an outdoor wedding ceremony..but an inside reception???  
    Posted by NSS&LAY[/QUOTE]

Just a suggestion, don't post this on other boards. It is looked down upon as you are pre-planning and they will call you out on it. Just because you talk about getting engaged is not a positive that it will happen. My FI and I talked about it and it was another 7 months later after he bought the ring that I got it.

Another suggestion too would be that when you do get engaged, put this on your local board as they can help you better with regards to venue. I live in WI, I don't know how the weather works where you live. Here it could be 80s, 30s with rain or 30s with snow.

• I love October and I am having the ceremony and cocktail hour outside and the reception inside overlooking the beach. I will be providing blankets like goobersinlove posted because I live in New England so you never know what type of weather it will be :)
    I think October is a beautiful choice, go for it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are getting married on October 5, 2013, with the possibility of an outdoor cocktail hour. My aunt got married in September and it was too cold, but my mom got married in late October and it was fine. I think with any outdoor wedding, you just need to have a back up plan in case of anything (like rain or whatever), but October is my favorite month for weddings!!
  • Im having an outdoor wedding. But October in CA is a little warmer and consistant than the east coast. but f thats what you want, do it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards