Catholic Weddings

Traditional Latin Mass~~Help

Hello Ladies,
I was wondering if anyone was preparing a Traditional Latin Nuptial Mass. I am getting married in February and I am working on the program and could use some help. I have searched the internet and still have no idea how to properly set up my program. Anyway help would be greatly appreciated.

Pax Christo,

M

Re: Traditional Latin Mass~~Help

• edited December 2011
    Try catholicweddinghelp.com

Btw- that is really cool that you are having a traditional Latin mass. One of the priests at our church throws in Latin from time to time during mass.
  • Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    we had a Latin mass (we were also married in February!) for our wedding, but we did not do a program.  Our Church has available the Latin-English Missals and those were on the pews.  Some folks used them, some of our older guests remembered the Latin from when tehy grew up, and others i think were just fascinated. 

if your church does not have these, i believe they can be ordered from teh Angelus Press.
  • Riss91Riss91 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Myst - we made one - email me! riss9181 at gmail  :-)
  • Hope61Hope61 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They do make a missal for it: http://www.cantius.org/go/webstore/product/booklet_missal_for_praying_the_tridentine_latin_mass/
    The third one down.
    It would be expensive, but perhaps a Latin Mass parish near you has a set already that you could borrow? Thats what I'm hoping for, or that one of my married friends still has some from their wedding. And if that doesn't work, FI's sister is getting married 3 weeks later, so maybe we could split the cost of the missals...

That would definitely be the most helpful thing for your guests, I would say. It has all the Mass parts in Latin and English, including the Nuptials and the readings. It also has notations of when to sit/stand/kneel, when the bells ring, etc.

Hooray for Latin Mass! We are planning a (hopefully Solemn) High Mass for our wedding in June.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Little Gabriel: BFP 7/12/11~EDD 3/21/12, miscarried 8/24/11 at 10w
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you all for your help. What a blessing. We are having a High Mass and I am looking forward to it greatly. I am going to start the production of chapel veils for our guest next week.. Fun times..

In Christ,
    M
    edited December 2011
    myst, i found a great site years ago called modesty veils - you may be able to puchase some chapel caps in bulk from them. if not, they are a great site otherwise for buying beautiful veils. the site is www.modestyveils.com

they also have various literature and write ups regarding the history and tradition of the headcovering - it may be something to include in your programs that folks might find interesting, if you are providing veils. 
  • edited December 2011
    Go to Catholicbrides.com call and speak with Ray he is the owner and he is super informed about Catholic weddings and what you should do and they are even approved by a Catholic association or something I believe. They do Catholic wedding programs.
  • edited December 2011
    Calypso,
    Thank you so much for this information. We have already started to make veils for the ladies that will be coming to the church. I am going to make cards that attach to each veil explaining the importance of wearing a headcovering.
    I just hope that everyone is open to doing this. Come Holy Spirit.

In Christ,
    M
  • Hope61Hope61 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you think its necessary to provide veils? I'm not sure my mom would be so thrilled about that, although I'm thinking of buying her a nice (maybe silver?) veil to wear for the wedding and I would like the bridesmaids to wear veils or hats also. But, these ladies wouldn't wear a veil to a NO Mass, so why say they must/ought to for a TLM? I'm undecided about this still...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Little Gabriel: BFP 7/12/11~EDD 3/21/12, miscarried 8/24/11 at 10w
    edited December 2011
    katie, at our latin mass, the only person who had a veil was me.

you dont technically have to wear a veil to the latin, although when you attend a latin mass, most women DO cover their heads out of tradition and respect.  you also dont often see pants on women, and you NEVER see sleeveless/strapless dresses/tops at the latin (at least the ones ive been to).

it took me YEARS to wear pants of any kind to mass (english or latin).  i still dont wear sleeveless (althoguh my wedding dress was due to lack of choices) and i would never in a million years wear strapless  or jeans to church.  ever.   old habits die hard, i guess.
  • Riss91Riss91 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    For anyone finding this thread that is looking for latin mass wedding programs, I've posted one to this site (scroll to the bottom): https://sites.google.com/site/theknotcatholicweddings/ceremony-info
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards