Wisconsin

Will the real brides please stand up?

Okay I'm reading the photography posts and I'm pissed because I have genuinely asked for help with other things and my fear is about stuff not being legit. (cake help, venue help, dj help...)

I'm a real bride (obsessive bio to prove it), I'm getting married in 6 months and I try to help with the stuff I know about. So my reviews will be real and as detailed as possible. And when I'm pissed with a vendor I will say and I when I love something I will say it.

Who else?  Introduce yourselfCool

Re: Will the real brides please stand up?

• edited December 2011
    I agree with you! I am planning our October wedding (at the Milwaukee War Memorial). Amanda (who runs the place) can vouch that I am a "real bride". I have called and emailed her enough times to drive anyone up a wall lol

Anyways...here's an idea...why don't we have a Milwaukee Knottie get together? I have seen that on other boards...but haven't seen it here. Seems like it would be fun :o)
  • edited December 2011
    Right?  

I have posted concerns about a Stationer who I think discriminates, I'm afraid to post about another vendor until after I have the services rendered, and when I have posted positive comments about vendors I have worked with, I feel attacked.  

I'm two months away from my wedding and I have backed off the boards because I honestlly feel that I can't trust if I'm talking to brides or vendors.  

Yikes. 
    A gathering ala "tweet up" type thing would be fun.  I'm in.  How about Bar Louis happy hour?  Great deals for penny pinching brides and centrally located. Or?.... I'm only saying, we all want our extra dollars to go for wedding expneses so it should be a place with great specials.  haha. 
    -L. J. 
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I'm real!  I live in Milwaukee but am getting married in Princeton with the reception in Green Lake.  I'm using mostly Milwaukee vendors because it was easier and honestly we had a hard time finding what we were looking for in central WI/the Fox Valley.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • msteph82msteph82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm real too!  :-)  I live in Racine, and WOULD LOVE a Milwaukee bride get-together!  

We should set something up for sure!
    ~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
    2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
    imageimageimage
    image image image
    Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>
  • edited December 2011
    I'm real too!  My ceremony is at Pabst Mansion and my reception at Hotel Metro!  Anyone can vouch for me at those locations because I am rather obsessive about everything being perfect and have been annoying them lately :)  And I think we should have a Milwaukee bride get-together!  That would be fun!!
    Anniversary
  • LaLiLuLaLiLu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is extremely annoying to read those posts, considering there are some photographers I've contacted whose names are being thrown around. Soo unprofessional. I hate second guessing anything :( Now I don't know who to believe.Lesson learned: it's better to depend on actual word of mouth than by what you read online!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm real but live in the GB/Fox Valley area, so... yes.  I feel a little weird now though since we are using one of the photogs that just got slammed for posting on the boards... although I didn't find him through the boards, I found him through craigslist.  So, I don't know.  I'm feeling a bit conflicted.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I'm real! Getting married in September at the Lake Lawn Resort in Delavan. I think it's unfortunate this is happening, but somewhat expected. Take everything you read in a public forum on the internet with a grain of salt and commit to doing research on your own. I've still found some great info on here; booked my make-up artist after finding her name mentioned on here but only after researching her business, asking for references and meeting her in person.
  • edited December 2011
    Real!  Except I'm an old married hag, no longer a bride.  I deleted my bio due to internet privacy/job etc, but there is an extensive vendor review somewhere in here.  Legit lady, not at all a vendor.  Can prove if needed ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm real too!  Getting married Sept. 25th-- reception at the Crowne Plaza in Wauwatosa.

Those photog postings mad me mad too.  It's stressful enough spending all of this money and trusting in the people you book, so having vendors manipulate the knot is annoying.  I guess I was naive to think that all of the people "giving advice" were all genuine brides-to-be.  Glad someone called them out!

Good luck with the rest of your planning, everyone!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • gglggglg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hi :)
    I'm real but I've only posted once requesting bridal store recs. I appreciated all the suggestions and am still in search of THE dress!

9/18/10 wedding in Lake Geneva!

• staceleigh11staceleigh11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Real! :)  I agree, I find it rather annoying by these post.  My fiance and I live in the Quad Cities but are having our wedding in WI as we are both from the area. The ceremony will be at St Mary's in Burlington and reception at Country Springs in Waukesha on Nov 6, 2010.  We had an appt with one of the photographers that was getting slammed but now I am a little conflicted.... So now I have 2 additional appts with Mthree and James Allen.  Planning a wedding is stressful enough, plannng a wedding that is out of state is extremely stressful so I check out these boards to get ideas and recommendations.... Glad to hear other ladies out there are feeling the same way as I am!
  • KatieD212KatieD212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    arj, I am from Green Bay too! Where are you getting married/ having your reception??
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Agreed.  I didn't even realize it was happening for a while until someone was saying super positive things about a photographer that I literally was watching on FOX 6 investigates while I was reading the happy-go-lucky post.

I'm getting married in July downtown Milwaukee.
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, great idea for a get together.  We could trash and praise vendors freely... and of course talk weddings. I'm down.

Thanks for all intorducing yourselves. There are a few names that I am curious to see if they respond. Innocent
  • edited December 2011
    Katie:  I'm getting married and having the reception both at Apple Creek Inn (really wanted to get married outside, which kind of limits out churches, lol).  What about yourself?  It's nice to see another GB bride on here. :)
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    im real...I lurk mostly..I am gettin married at Pier Wisconsin...Janelle's my coordinator....a meet and greet would be cool...
  • SweetCharadeSweetCharade member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm real...I don't post over here much, mostly because all of the vendor posts got a little out of control.  But I'm getting married 12/11/2010 in Hartland, WI, reception to follow in North Prairie!  (Like PP, I also have the obsessive bio to prove it!)

It does however make me really happy that my photographer is not included in those posts...in fact, I've never seen her name appear on the Knot at all.

I'd be up for a G2G...as long as someone provide rockstar directions.  I'm beyond geographically challenged and Milwaukee terrifies me.  I can navigate Waukesha County just fine...but Milwaukee confuses me to no end.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm real too!  We are getting married 7/24/2010 at the Lakefront.  We live in Illinois right now though so I'm not on this board a ton.  We have most of our vendors selected.  I wish I could get together with y'all but we're a few hours away and already making too many trips up for wedding planning stuff.  Be sure to flag any posters that you don't think are legit.  We need to keep this board stellar!
  • KatieD212KatieD212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ARJ: I've never been to Apple Creek, but heard a lot about it! I am having the ceremony at St Johns...the big catholic church downtown...(you can see its steeples off the mason st bridge) And reception at Riverside Ballroom! I really wanted an Old City look :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • hdheinzhdheinz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm real too! : )  9/18/10 wedding on the East Side of Milwaukee. : )  Reception to follow at Lakefront Brewery! Any other brides having their receptions at Lakefront Brewery this year?  I'd love to chat and exchange ideas!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi there! I'm Sarah and I'm in Madison. I've posted a few times to try and give advice where I could. Are there any other Madison brides out there? I'm getting married June 19th at a park in Middleton with reception to follow at the Concourse Hotel.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • boxcarboxcar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I don't post  a lot, but I'm real, too!  9/5/10 in downtown Milwaukee! 

We're currently working on caterers--we have one booked, but we're looking at some alternatives now. I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts on Saz's, Chef Jacks, Lee Johns, or Ovation!

• edited December 2011
    I am real!!! I live in GB and am familiar with Riverside Ballroom, it is very pretty there. My wedding will be in Sheboygan at Deland park. I am confused as to why we are declaring we are real. What happened and why can't we trust postings?
  • edited December 2011

I am a "real bride" too! Getting married on 9/4/10 in downtown Milwaukee. I don't post much due to lack of time and that I don't like the new board format. A get-together sounds like fun! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • msteph82msteph82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the new board format comment.  I can't find anything anymore.  It's taking some getting used to.  And I really dislike the new header with the collapsable crap. LOL
    ~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
    2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
    imageimageimage
    image image image
    Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>
  • edited December 2011
    Real Bride :-) Getting married July 3, 2011 at Pier Wisconsin Julie is my coordinator!!! I cannot wait for my big day!!!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm REAL!!!  I'm getting married at the Schlitz Audubon Nature Center on August 7th 2010, with the reception at the Hilton Garden Inn off of Hwy45.  I don't frequent these boards as much as I would like, but I'm not afraid to tell the truth when it comes to bad experiences with vendors.  It's sad that there are so called "professionals" out there who are giving false advice.  It just makes them look bad!!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm real. Getting married on May 22 in Milwaukee. I read these boards constantly and hate when vendors get on here in hopes of selling their products.

I truly come on here for ideas.
  • edited December 2011
    Im real, just got Started and only want tthe good info.  we are looking for a formal winter wedding venue in the kenosha/Milwaukee area. Any ideas?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards