Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Ceremony Ideas - Readings/Poems/Singing/Etc

Today we spoke with FI's friend who is an ordained minister and she agreed to marry us (was hoping we'd ask lol).

She said that we will (eventually) need to get together and go over what FI and I would like for our ceremony - basically it's to our discretion what we want to do as there is no specific religious affiliation. We weren't really sure and thought that she might have a suggested process, but it's really up to us (though I'm sure she'll help us with some ideas and suggestions).

So we're really not sure what to do for our ceremony. It's an outdoor ceremony.

FI threw out a suggestion about maybe a reading from the bible, but I don't really feel like it fits - I mean, maybe we will find a nice passage, but I just don't want something that doesn't really relate to us or is personal to us.

I'm not really sure how to find or pick readings or poems. I mean, Officiant will probably have some great suggestions, but I'd like to try and have a few to run by FI so we can at least find something that works - whether it's something we come up with, Officiant comes up with, or a combination.

I don't really feel strongly about anything at this point in either direction - other than something outwardly religious - maybe more spiritual is what I'm looking for as I feel we're more of a spiritual nature rather than religious (not to say that they can't be used interchangably).

Any suggestions for a non-traditional out door ceremony? Places that would be good to look for readings and what not?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Ceremony Ideas - Readings/Poems/Singing/Etc

• Options
    Thank you so much StageManager! I googled some for readings, and found a few, but as far as the ceremony flow - obviously wasn't googling right lol

That really helps a lot.I've gone through a few and it'll definitely be helpful :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We did a completely secular, non traditional ceremony that we put together ourselves. If you'd like to see ours, I'd be happy to PM it to you. :)

When I was doing research I also Googled non religious wedding ceremony, humanist wedding ceremony, non traditional wedding ceremony, and then all of those things except instead of "wedding ceremony" put "readings." There's some really great stuff out there.
  • Options
    We had a family member read "Blessing for a Marriage" by James Dillet Freeman.  If you google it, it comes up on the first few things.  It was very well received, so much that a few weeks after the wedding I was getting emails from family members asking for a copy of it to share.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards