New Jersey - South
Options

Hair and Airbrush Makeup

hi girls, i need some hair and makeup help!

i was just quoted $350 for hair and airbrush make up, with $150 for the trial.

is this normal?

Re: Hair and Airbrush Makeup

• Options
    If that's for you and your girls, that's not bad, but just yourself?  That's crazy!  What county do you live in?  I live in Camden County and got my air brush makeup done for $100 at Hello Gorgeous in Voorhees.  My hair was done by my normal hair stylist at my home.  She charged me $65 per up do and $25 per blow out for my maids.  Their make up was $65 pp, I think (the girls asked me to get a MU artist for them, since I was getting air brush and my stylist brought a MU friend with her).  While I know my hair charges were lower than most salons, I think your quote is crazy high.  If you live more in the North Jersey area, that could be a price more inline with their cost of living, which is higher than South Jersey.
  • Options
    i do live in north jersey! everythings priced so high here.

However, My wedding is in central jersey and were getting ready in bridgewater.

Do you know any stylists who will come to the hotel?
  • Options
    Sorry, I'm not too familiar with that area.  Have you also tried posting for recommendations on the New Jersey board as well?  Even for North Jersey, those prices seem high.  My friend was married in Sea Bright and got ready in Eatontown.  She had found a local stylist & MU artist recommended by her venue and hotel.  Try asking them to see if they have preferred vendors.  I'll check with my friend to see if she remembers their names.  I don't recall how much they cost though.
  • Options
    I heard back from my friend.  Here is what she said:

The make up lady was in Hazlet and she worked out of Jeffrey B. Leonard Salon in Little Silver, her name was Sharon McCabe.  Make up lady was Josie...her number is 732 278 5699....not sure if that is her cell or the salon where she was.  Can't find Sharon's number, but I know that salon has a website....

I hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards