Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Bridal Party Dance Song

I am trying to find a song for the bridal party to dance to but everything I like is too romantic for people who may not even know each other.  My only idea so far is Stand By Me but still not really crazy about that one.  PLEASE HELP ANY IDEAS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!! THANKS!!!!

Re: Bridal Party Dance Song

• trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_bridal-party-dance-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:0195dec2-0a84-4c86-9293-1014a5f68eeePost:4732f0f8-963e-4502-aa3c-9f7eb09ce937">Bridal Party Dance Song</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am trying to find a song for the bridal party to dance to but everything I like is too romantic for people who may not even know each other.  My only idea so far is Stand By Me but still not really crazy about that one.  PLEASE HELP ANY IDEAS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!! THANKS!!!!
    Posted by sugrbritches69[/QUOTE]

Exactly the reason to skip a WP dance completely.  FWIW:  I haven't seen a WP dance in at least 20 years.  They are uncomfortable for your WP, and BORING for your guests to watch.

Really~can you say that you've ever enjoyed watching a WP dance at a reception where you were a guest?

Your WP will be thrilled to skip it, and your guests will bless you as well.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Why would you make people dance together if they barely know each other? That cannot be comfortable or enjoyable for them.

Plus, as a wedding guest, would you really care to watch a bunch of strangers awkwardly dancing with each other? It's just one more boring dance that slows down the party. It's endearing for them to watch you and FI dance with each other and your parents, but nobody's really going to give a crap if your college friend is dancing with FI's recreation volleyball teammate.

Do yourself, and your bridal party, AND your guests, a huge favor and skip this.

If you insist on a bridal party dance, at least let them all dance with their own dates, so it's not painful to watch or participate in.
  • edited December 2011
    skip this, no one wants to do this, see this, experience the awkwardness
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    156image 108image 48image RSVP Due 5/18
    New Bio
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Agree with pp. Alot of weddings I have been to & been in have skipped this all together. It is a bit odd, unless you know your addendants in the BP well.
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • duckie1905duckie1905 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Skip it; it is so uncomfortable and completely unnecessary.  I always feel bad for the WP members when I attend a wedding in which the bride insists there be a WP dance.
  • edited December 2011

Just be creative, invite your wedding party and their date to dance.  Don't force people to dance with others they don't know very well.  This allows you to recognize important people in you life and skip the awardness!

• trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_bridal-party-dance-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:0195dec2-0a84-4c86-9293-1014a5f68eeePost:b54fac03-c113-493d-a0ee-e780b09f5b7d">Re: Bridal Party Dance Song</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just be creative, invite your wedding party and their date to dance.  Don't force people to dance with others they don't know very well.  This allows you to recognize important people in you life and skip the awardness!
    Posted by Michael and Katie[/QUOTE]

Having them as members of your WP IS recognizing important people in your life.  A WP dance doesn't do that.  It just embarrasses them.  And your guests, as stated before, could not possibly care less about a WP dance.

They'll know that the people in the matching attire~the ones they saw standing in front during the ceremony are important to you.  And they don't need to see it in a dance.  Skip it.  Make everyone happy.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • MsBunny312MsBunny312 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OK, well I'll suggest a song. What about A Little Help From My Friends. It's upbeat and not terribly long. Might make the dance a little less awkward as previous posters mentioned.
  • LabrnrLabrnr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are sort of skipping this dance.

After we dance oour first (FI picking), the parents and grandparents will join us (Nights in White Satin-also FMIL and FFIl wedding song), then we will ask that the wedding party and their spouses (not partners) join us, and anyone else that wants to dance can also join in.(for this song we are playing "It's gonna be a good night" to get eh party going.

Visit The Nest! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    My mom REALLY wanted to do a WP dance. So we are having the are parents, and their guest dance to Me and You by Dave Matthews. It is a beautiful song.

Thats what friends are for by Dionne Warwick & Friends is also a great song for a WP song.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards