African American Weddings
Options

Scripture Reading

Is anyone doing scripture readings at their ceremony? There are so many to pick from. Which ones are you using?

Re: Scripture Reading

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We used 1st Corinthians 13:1-8, 13
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    essianessian member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know... We used Ecclesiastes 4:9-12.
  • Options
    amberlynnedamberlynned member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We hope to use proverbs 3:5. In the opening. It was my grandmother's favorite.

We also want Colossians 3:12. In the closing.
    Creating Our Happily Ever After Countdown Ticker

Our Married Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using 1Corinthians 13  (about Love) and then  Galatians 5: 22-23 (about the 9 fruit of the spirit which is the underlying them of the wedding) and then we're doing the God's knot ceremony so we'll be reading from Ecclesiastes 4:12 (about a three strand cord - God, the bride, and the groom, being not easily broken).
    He that findeth a wife, findeth a GOOD THING!! small2 small Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going to do a couple of them. One will be 1 Cor. 13 1-8. I am going to have my then 12yr old cousin who is also a groomsman read it and then my best friend/MOH will sing 'Without Love' by Stacie Orrico, the song is pretty much the scripture. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75-n2eZ4ffE )

Also I really would like to fit in Ecclesiastes 4:9-12. I will better be able to know where to put these in when we meet with my Pastor.
    Photobucket
    "Ever Thine, Ever Mine, Ever Ours"
    Janae & Olivier

Anniversary
  • Options
    cyndoncyndon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using 1st Corinthians 13:1-8 so for, we haven't decided which one we are using as a closing. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not for certain what we will use, but I hope that our officiant will incorporate Ephesians 5:22-33 about wives and husbands and how they should love each other.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards