Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Bride/Father walk down the aisle song??

Ok ladies so i am having a fall outdoor wedding and it is in the country...so very rustic harvest country fall wedding. And i am having a hard time deciding what song to play down the aisle. And i want something maybe country or something not so traditional like bridal march. I love the song by Heartland, "I Loved Her First" What do you all think of that is that inappropriate for walking down the aisle with my father? I love the song and i just really want to be able to catch the moment with him and I and my father giving my away to my fiancee....I am in a pickle and need some advice...Any song recommendations would be amazing thanks lady...Britt
If I tell you I love you, can I keep you forever? -- Casper

Re: Bride/Father walk down the aisle song??

• edited December 2011
    I love that song, it makes me cry everytime. That being said, I think it is more appropriate as a first dance song, but that is just my opinion.

Have you tried asking your Dad for ideas? Are you open to classical/traditional songs to walk down the aisle to?
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    God Bless the Broken Road by Rascal Flatts

"Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Juliet212Juliet212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree... that's a father/daughter dance song. Not a walk down the aisle song.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards