Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Re: Good morning

• edited December 2011
    I hate you Monday!  This weekend seemed to FLY.

• edited December 2011
    Morning.  I have 3 days left before I start inservice, I'm not happy:-(
  • edited December 2011
    Good morning. Ugh I am dragging so bad today. I had my  bachelorette party this weekend in AC and I think I had maybe 5 hours of sleep the entire time, lol. I'm definitely getting old and not able to do what I used to do, haha.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Grneyz -- I remember when 5 hours of sleep in a weekend and being out partying all night was the norm! Now I need my 8+ hours or the following week seems to drag!

I worked all weekend, so it doesn't even feel like a Monday. I need this upcoming weekend to get here quickly!!!
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]Grneyz -- I remember when 5 hours of sleep in a weekend and being out partying all night was the norm! Now I need my 8+ hours or the following week seems to drag!   Posted by LadyJ10[/QUOTE]

Oh I hear you! I could do that day after day in college. Now it takes me a few days to recover from one weekend, lol.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    morning ladies.

I went to a wedding on Saturday and had a rockin' good time.  Paid for my love of red wine dearly the next day, as well as my accidental consumption of shellfish. :(  Still not feeling 100%.

So basically-- Monday, I hate your face.  Love Amy.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • edited December 2011
    Good morning. This weekend had some highs and lows, I'm glad its over. However, not glad its Monday.

Seriously, since I hit the 6 week mark, I feel like time has stopped or at least slowed to a crawl. WTF. I thought it was supposed to speed up?  I've even started crossing the days off my wall calendar to make myself feel better. Arg.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Amer- Does shellfish make you sick? How did you eat it by accident?

Cara- I hope time speeds up from here on out!
  • edited December 2011
    Morning ladies.  I, for once, am glad a Monday is here because I am have a dr appt I have been waiting a week for to get my stim reprogrammed.  I haven't been able to use it at full capacity during that time, and it's been painful to say the least.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_good-morning-123?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:d283412b-9c1c-4567-bd7f-8eff91153b24Post:55ee1a90-232f-4496-b628-ebbfa29c80b7">Re: Good morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Seriously, since I hit the 6 week mark, I feel like time has stopped or at least slowed to a crawl. WTF. I thought it was supposed to speed up?  I've even started crossing the days off my wall calendar to make myself feel better. Arg.
    Posted by caraellen23[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU, CARA!!  So, so true.  WTF mate?  Come on, Time, get with the program and start keeping pace (or even hurrying it up).  Getting this all over with would be lovely.
  • edited December 2011
    GIve it another week and then you'll be thinking, "oh crap!  I only have 4 weekends left and a million appts and things to do."  Once you get all your responses back you'll be able to finalize counts with your vendors and stuff.  Just when you think you're done... you're not.  LOL
  • edited December 2011
    Haha, okay great..... I know there is a lot still to do, and we've also gotten a lot done. I think I'm just really anxious to get to October 2nd without any major disasters.  We've all been so anxious about it.  I got a call from my mother on Sunday morning that my grandmother fell on Saturday and broke her hip.  She had surgery yesterday and is in the hospital until she moves to rehab later this week.  We're all holding our breath that there aren't any complications and she can still be at the wedding.  Glad it didn't happen the week before, but I guess the imaginary bubble I put over everyone to keep them all safe didn't work.  :-(
  • edited December 2011
    edited December 2011
    Cara in a month you are going to look back and thing "wow.  it's all over" .  I know right now it seems like it is taking forever, but in hindsight you'll realize how fast it was.

B2B- yeah, I'm allergic to it.  The wedding I went to served soup before the meal.  About 3/4 through this delicious concoction when I asked someone what it was.  When they said "lobster bisque" I was like shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Oh well.  It was tasty. 
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • edited December 2011
    Good morning!

4 day work week for me :)

I will continue working weekends threw September. bah, October and November I shall be a busy bee.
  • Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    edited December 2011
    ugh mornign ladies! i'm really tired still from my bachelorette party this weekend. it was a lot of fun!

grneyz- where in ac did you go? i was in ac for my bparty too
  • edited December 2011
    Just a little advice for name-changers... after chaning my name with the SSA in 15mins, and the DMV in 2 hours (boo, Delaware) I highly recommend going in person to change you name with the banks.  I went to 2 banks this weekend (with new SS card, new drivers license and marriage cert) and got my name updated and new debit cards ordered within minutes.  SOOOOO much easier than doing it over the phone and faxing documents!  Now time to call the credit cards and everyone else  :(
  • edited December 2011
    Hil, I can't tell you how excited I am to sit at the DE DMV for 2+ hours! /sarcasm
  • Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning!

I'm dragging this morning after a weekend at the shore with FI's family and chasing our 4 year old niece around the beach all weekend haha

Cara- I'm actually wishing for more time to get stuff done! haha I feel like all my weekends are booked and there will be no relaxing until the honeymoon haha
    Hope your grandmom gets better soon!
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Can everything name change related be done on the weekends? I know it will take a million times longer, but I don't have any time to go during the week. :-(
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks all!  We're hoping to get her into a good rehab facility close by, which will make things easier.  Our fear now is the complications that can arise.  For some reason, broken hips in elderly people seems to trigger dimentia. :-(

Jess - have you met with Troy yet?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_good-morning-123?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:d283412b-9c1c-4567-bd7f-8eff91153b24Post:ff9e7b51-5e92-4174-9130-9b20e131d553">Re: Good morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hil, I can't tell you how excited I am to sit at the DE DMV for 2+ hours! /sarcasm
    Posted by Ms.BriarRose[/QUOTE]

Yeah, everyone and their mother goes on Wed nights.  I didn't want to take time off from work to go.

Cara - I think the SSA and DMV have weekday only hours, but you can check that online.  The DMV may have a late night at one of their locations where you can go after work.
    edited December 2011
    Cara, I don't think the social security office is open on weekends.  I could be wrong though.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    cara-- not yet.... we meet with him the 15th  ( that was the earliest we could with our crazy schedules)  I'm sure I'll be freaking out more than usual at that meeting since thats our 1 month mark also  haha  I've been bugging FMIL is hurry up and pick her and FI's song so I know by the meeting!
    Did he say anything about ceremony music? cocktail hour?
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Cara, healing T&P are coming you and your grandmother's way.  I know what you are going through; in 2008, 3 days before my grandfather passed, my grandmother fell and broke her ankle and leg so bad that it required surgery.  She had to get thru the funeral and all before she could do the surgery and rehab.

It was sweet, though, to watch- they had been married for 60 years, and he was waiting for her to be okay before he went, and she was waiting for him to go before having surgery.  I can only hope for a marriage and love like theirs.
  • edited December 2011
    Amer- Glad you didn't have a bad reaction to it... so I guess your mouth doesn't swell or anything? I guess you are not severely allergic of you would have had to go to the hospital!  Lobster bisque does sound yummy though!
  • FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning. My Monday has been so darn busy! This is the first time I've even gotten a second to get on! All the students are back, and you would think the seniors would know what to do, esp. since they are 21 + and thus adults....goodness, I think "kids" these days take far longer to mature mentally.

I hate Monday's face too. And I'm totally on the "weekend hurry up" bandwagon.

Hope you ladies have a better Monday than I've been having.
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    For DMV and SSN.... do I need to go in my county? I work in Philly, would it be possible to find a local office?

MBR - Thanks, I hope she's okay too.  I can't even think about what would happen to my grandfather if something happened to my grandmother. They've been married almost 67 years!  Its amazing. I'm getting married in my grandmother's wedding ring, so I hope some of that luck rubs off.
  • edited December 2011
    I think you can do any SSA, and you can do any DMV within your state. 
  • edited December 2011
    MH - thanks!

Jess - the band isn't doing our ceremony, we have a string trio for that. We have the keyboard player from the band playing the piano at the venue during cocktails, but that's it.   Right now we're trying to get info form them about lighting and also sound for the ceremony since we need two mics and the venue only provides one.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh gotcha
    oo string trio....pretty! :)
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards