Snarky Brides

AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)

I have one-- Jennylove. Seriously. I like you, but bailing on SS was super shitty. The excuse that you were too busy doesn't fly, lots of other people who participated were probably ridiculously busy as well. You knew how it worked going into it and if you couldn't follow through, you should not have participated. Now poor Rox gets stiffed because of that. She was kind enough not to say anything, so you didn't get publicly shamed at the time.

Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)

• I feel like lately cew has been coming in to threads way late just to say how lame the thread is.  I get it, she's not here when the thread is active, and I get it, she's not one to keep her mouth shut when something doesn't sit right with her.  I just wish that wasn't practically her only contribution lately, because I love cew. 

I was really disappointed in Jenny for bailing on SS.  It's a crappy thing to do and coming in to say "I was Roxy's SS, but I haven't sent her anything yet!" doesn't make it fun for anyone.  Plus the vendor thing, come on, you've been around long enough to know not to do that. 

I also have an IRL grievance.  H just ran a rough estimate of our federal taxes this year, bye bye vacation fund :( I'm mad that we didn't plan that better. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:e11bb08f-8724-4215-bcee-b351e94850ce">AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have one-- Jennylove. Seriously. I like you, but bailing on SS was super shitty. The excuse that you were too busy doesn't fly, lots of other people who participated were probably ridiculously busy as well. You knew how it worked going into it and if you couldn't follow through, you should not have participated. Now poor Rox gets stiffed because of that. She was kind enough not to say anything, so you didn't get publicly shamed at the time.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]
    I'll ditto this one.  My life is beyond fucked lately-- but I got my shiit out (late, but it was still there before Christmas).

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    I was also really bummed to learn that jenny dropped the ball on SS.  I really didn't think we'd have anyone here who'd do that.  And I love me some jenny.  Wtf.

IRL grievance - our intern has been here since March and I swear, she still has no idea how to do fucking anything.  She asked me questions this morning that she has asked me several times, and they all pertained to things that if she hasn't learned by now, she really should just forget a career in journalism.  Seriously.  Wtf.
    panther
  • I can't say I've been around here enough to have a TK issue but IRL I am totally over being busy. I thought post law school was supposed to be more fun than this. H and I have barely had any time to see eachother, nevermind our friends. Any free minute gets taken up by random stuff and I am just plain sick of it. I want a week alone with my H to just enjoy being with him. Then I want to get back to our friends and see everyone. enough!

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Also - and this is probably beating a dead horse, but whatever - I flame the PS board.  There are plenty of perfectly wonderful girls who post there, but there are a handful of really whiney twats who created a lot of really unnecessary and stupid, immature drama and I still feel bad for poor DJ for taking so much heat for basically nothing.  Seriously.  It's the fucking internet.  Having a PS board career is not that cool, it's supposed to be fun and you're ruining it, grow up.
    panther
  • DodgersBrideDodgersBride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Holiday grievance- I don't mean to be or sound like an ungrateful biitch but seriously no gift is better than a thoughtless gift.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:2a5fcec1-4af8-48f6-b8c7-ffedb0481e3d">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]TK, but not SB - I flame rtzill from the Plus Size board not only for all of her usual garbage (yesterday, she was all over criticizing my wedding pictures - my flowers are ugly and my hair is terrible and gheri curls are to be mocked by one and all)
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]
    Um, I missed this.  WTF.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:61e437eb-f32a-4985-a082-b755c0104c2a">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't mean to be or sound like an ungrateful biitch but seriously no gift is better than a thoughtless gift.
    Posted by DodgersBride[/QUOTE]

Did you get a thoughtless one?

I love Jenny too but I don't get why she had to be all "Oh I can't play anymore because I'm a potential vendor".  There are plenty of people on TK that do WR (or even non WR things) but if you don't advertise, it's not an issue anyway.  I think it was weird to make such a big deal out of it.
  • Not to pile on, but I didn't see the point to Jenny's "GBCK" at all.  You're hardly ever even here anymore,a nd you haven't been for like a year.  Send Roxy a PM apologizing for fuucking up SS for her, and call it good. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • For the love of life, DJ.  What an insufferable snotwad.  /rage
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:61e437eb-f32a-4985-a082-b755c0104c2a">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Holiday grievance- I don't mean to be or sound like an ungrateful biitch but seriously no gift is better than a thoughtless gift.

<div>I have to agree with you here. I can only get so much hot chocolate for Christmas. Or another one is lotion/bath stuff. It seems like the go to gift for any female.</div><div>
    </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:61e437eb-f32a-4985-a082-b755c0104c2a">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Holiday grievance- I don't mean to be or sound like an ungrateful biitch but seriously no gift is better than a thoughtless gift.

<div>Amen. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:13c4b74e-ec9f-4d2a-95cd-7f5e13305004">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]For the love of life, DJ.  What an insufferable <strong>snotwad</strong>.  /rage
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I read snotwad as snottwat. I like my version a lot now lol.</div>

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:2a5fcec1-4af8-48f6-b8c7-ffedb0481e3d">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]TK, but not SB - I flame rtzill from the Plus Size board not only for all of her usual garbage (yesterday, she was all over criticizing my wedding pictures - my flowers are ugly and my hair is terrible and gheri curls are to be mocked by one and all) but for not seeing the difference between mocking someone's wedding pictures after the fact and shooting down silly wedding ideas over on E pre-wedding.
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]
    Say what? How has she not been banned?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:bc7a9b5e-2fea-47e4-816c-2818ca4e1bc3">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?) : I read snotwad as snottwat. I like my version a lot now lol.
    Posted by Starmusica[/QUOTE]

Omg snottwat!  I like that better too.  I amend the aforementioned flame!
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:607443a1-749e-4eec-a3f0-ee3dc3afe035">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?) : Omg snottwat!  I like that better too.  I amend the aforementioned flame!
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>mwahahaha.</div>

my book shelf:
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:8c455f64-27f3-453b-965f-67fcdd6b9ce8">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel like lately cew has been coming in to threads way late just to say how lame the thread is.  I get it, she's not here when the thread is active, and I get it, she's not one to keep her mouth shut when something doesn't sit right with her.  I just wish that wasn't practically her only contribution lately, because I love cew.  Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]

I 100% agree with this. I just don't have time to be active in threads anymore and most of the time, when I read a thread, it's already dead, but that really shouldn't mean that I can't weigh in. I'd like to participate more, but I can't. But you better believe that if I see some stupidness, I'm going to call it that. I just can't help myself.
  • I also IRL flame a friend who announced on twitter that a different friend is pregnant.  Pregnant friend is almost 3 weeks, and not announcing yet because she's had so many complications getting to this point.  She's the kind of person who won't be annoyed at twitter friend, so I'm annoyed on her behalf.  Stick baby, stick. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:14c8c5e9-1de8-4beb-b527-4364a5a7d965">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]IRL, my MIL and SIL were "too busy" to mail our Christmas gifts.  I don't even care what about the gifts (I mean, really, it's probably animal skins so we can have a "Christian home") but I just get irritated because I know my H was hurting. He's homesick, first time ever without his family on Christmas, and you're too busy to go to the post office? Between the two of you, you work 36 hours a week. Between H and I, we average 90+. We mailed yours!
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

I can get behind that.  For shiit's sake, Christmas is once a year.  It's always on the same date.  Frick, it's not like it just sneaks up on you and out of nowhere ZOMG, IT'S CHRISTMAS.  You know when it is.  You know what to do to get your gifts out on time.  Unless there are extreme circumstances - "being busy" doesn't count, we're all fucking busy - there really is no excuse for not getting gifts out.
    panther
  • DJ, I feel ya.  I wanted to smack her while reading all of that.  I don't get how she was all "omg did you all come over here to flame me?" when she was the one actually stirring the pot and insulting you  (and others).  She was literally grasping at straws to try and find insults/comebacks and they were realllly lame.

My IRL grievance is the way TK works on my work computer here.  When I click "add post" sometimes it just clears what I wrote and never posts. I'm to the point of C&Ping everything I write in case it doesn't go through.  Annoying.
  • chelseamb11chelseamb11 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:bbe2b615-f6b3-4bc6-9703-3a0e5048af8a">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?) : Say what? How has she not been banned?
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

Porbably because there's no mod over there I'm guessing.

ETA Even if one of them ahd been named mod at this point, I doubt they'd ban one of their own for being mean to DJ.  Which is really lame.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:1aff75b3-4e19-4a18-8014-1987a685f54c">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?) : Because there's no mod. I had banned her for saying other crappy stuff before (telling multiple posters to learn to read, that they're stupid, etc), but Bump Kathleen unbanned her.  And the posts have mostly been deleted from being reported, so she probably won't be.  It just was upsetting because even though I really couldn't care less about her opinion, it made me wonder if other people think those things and are just not totally terrible human beings to say it.  Plus it's just jerky no matter how you slice it.
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>screw her. You look beautiful in your sig photo. </div>

my book shelf:
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:14c8c5e9-1de8-4beb-b527-4364a5a7d965">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]IRL, my MIL and SIL were "too busy" to mail our Christmas gifts.  I don't even care what about the gifts (<strong>I mean, really, it's probably animal skins so we can have a "Christian home"</strong>) but I just get irritated because I know my H was hurting. He's homesick, first time ever without his family on Christmas, and you're too busy to go to the post office? Between the two of you, you work 36 hours a week. Between H and I, we average 90+. We mailed yours!
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

<div>I don't know what that means.</div><div>
    </div><div>The rest of it sucks, DJ. I'm sorry your H had to deal with that. My feelings would be pretty hurt.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:134eaa7c-426e-44c0-8fb1-8e9d1cdab7a3">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?) : I 100% agree with this. I just don't have time to be active in threads anymore and most of the time, when I read a thread, it's already dead, but that really shouldn't mean that I can't weigh in. I'd like to participate more, but I can't. But you better believe that if I see some stupidness, I'm going to call it that. I just can't help myself.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

<div>And that's why I love you, lady.  I just wish you were either around for real, or not (don't pick this one).  This in between kind of sucks (so be around). </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:acd01f8d-1e9b-4a2b-b37e-56ccb9d83675">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I also IRL flame a friend who announced on twitter that a different friend is pregnant.  Pregnant friend is almost 3 weeks, and not announcing yet because she's had so many complications getting to this point.  She's the kind of person who won't be annoyed at twitter friend, so I'm annoyed on her behalf.  Stick baby, stick. 
    Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]

That sucks for your pregnant friend. I'm annoyed on her behalf too.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:acd01f8d-1e9b-4a2b-b37e-56ccb9d83675">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I also IRL flame a friend who announced on twitter that a different friend is pregnant.  Pregnant friend is almost 3 weeks, and not announcing yet because she's had so many complications getting to this point.  She's the kind of person who won't be annoyed at twitter friend, so I'm annoyed on her behalf.  Stick baby, stick. 

WTF who does that?  It's not her news to tell!  Part of the fun of getting pregnant is being able to tell people.  She just took that away from her.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:e2391d5f-c135-47cb-9d86-53dc78bd77b3">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not to pile on, but I didn't see the point to Jenny's "GBCK" at all.  You're hardly ever even here anymore,a nd you haven't been for like a year.  Send Roxy a PM apologizing for fuucking up SS for her, and call it good. 
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. I really like Jenny, but that whole thread was just weird to me. Maybe she lurks and feels like she's more active on the board than she is and that's why she felt she owed us an explanation.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:1aff75b3-4e19-4a18-8014-1987a685f54c">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?) : Because there's no mod. I had banned her for saying other crappy stuff before (telling multiple posters to learn to read, that they're stupid, etc), but Bump Kathleen unbanned her.  And the posts have mostly been deleted from being reported, so she probably won't be.  It just was upsetting because even though I really couldn't care less about her opinion, it made me wonder if other people think those things and are just not totally terrible human beings to say it.  Plus it's just jerky no matter how you slice it.
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

Wait, you banned her for telling people to learn to read?  Dude, we say that shiit all the time here.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:3353197b-8e5e-4e48-9db2-a256b0816766">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?) : And that's why I love you, lady.  I just wish you were either around for real, or not (don't pick this one).  This in between kind of sucks (so be around). 

I really would love to be around more. I promise. It's just difficult. My life keeps getting in the way of my knotting. That and the crime spree that I've got going on. That keeps me kind of busy too.
  • PS has no mod? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards