DC

Vegetarian Reception?

Does anyone have any experience hosting a wholly vegetarian wedding reception?

My fiancé and I are both vegetarians (20 years each!), as are much of both our families. We wouldn't dream of serving meat, and we want to show our guests a good time.Any leads on good caterers in the DC area who do classy vegetarian fare?Thank you!
(somewhat x-posted on the 'Food and Cakes' board)

Re: Vegetarian Reception?

• edited December 2011
    I am vegetarian as well but my FI isn't so we are having a veggie option. I didn't look for any specific veggie only places but if I think of any I wil let you know.
    May 2013 June Siggy:Flowers!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    You may also want to XP to eco friendly weddings.
    May 2013 June Siggy:Flowers!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi- we are looking for a veggie reception as well. Did you find a caterer? We got a quote from one all-veggie caterer but their prices were too steep for our budget (trying to do it for $60-70pp, excluding alcohol). Any ideas would be appreciated!
  • KelmitTheFrogKelmitTheFrog member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We ended up just going with a venue/caterer that claimed they can do all vegetarian. They keep saying "mostly vegetarian" and we keep correcting them to "totally vegetarian". 

We just went to our tasting and it was indeed totally vegetarian and fairly delicious. Not gourmet wonders, but I'm pretty sure our guest list isn't totally dominated by foodies like us. We decided on a brunch wedding, since popular brunch foods are easier to do vegetarian. Who doesn't love french toast?? Let's just hope no one misses their bacon!

We're paying $30pp excluding alcohol.

lo073-- do you already have a venue?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_dc_vegetarian-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:57Discussion:65ae2219-6646-42a4-b190-fd445ac08992Post:6ea5a7b1-5a0a-4d3b-8cf4-e2457a720e92">Re: Vegetarian Reception?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We ended up just going with a venue/caterer that claimed they can do all vegetarian. They keep saying "mostly vegetarian" and we keep correcting them to "totally vegetarian".  We just went to our tasting and it was indeed totally vegetarian and fairly delicious. Not gourmet wonders, but I'm pretty sure our guest list isn't totally dominated by foodies like us. We decided on a brunch wedding, since popular brunch foods are easier to do vegetarian. Who doesn't love french toast?? Let's just hope no one misses their bacon! We're paying $30pp excluding alcohol. lo073-- do you already have a venue?
    Posted by KelmitTheFrog[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info! Yeah, we've mostly been talking to regular caterers who can do an all veggie menu as well. Haven't had any tastings yet. Who is your caterer?? That is way lower than any quotes we've gotten (although we are doing a dinner).
    We do have a venue- it's a MoCo venue so we can pretty much use anyone, which is nice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards