Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

What Did You Do For BM Gifts?

The bridesmaid mani/pedi post got made me wonder... what did all of you married ladies do as BM gifts? If you don't mind sharing, about how much per girl did you end up spending?
BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: What Did You Do For BM Gifts?

• edited December 2011
    I got each girl a Kate Spade cosmetic bag that I filled with day of items and emergency kit type things.  I also threw a ring pop in each one.  Those were about $25-$30 each.  Then I got each girl something else that was more personal, spending about $30-$40 per girl...items like a coach wristlet, pitcher that matched their dishes, night out at the movies, personalized dog travel bag, sleep set, etc.   For my Maid of Honor and Matron of Honor, I got them each another present on top of those, spending about $50 on those.  I got one MOH a fitness/sports watch and the other peridot earrings from Blue Nile.  So roughly $60-70 for my BMs and $100ish for my MOHs.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not going to be able to spend as much as I would love to on my girls, since they're all really close friends.

I got them each a necklace ($25 each), i'm buying them each a bottle of nailpolish ($8), flip flops ($1 from Michaels if I can find them) and that's probably going to be it.  My mother is also paying for everyone to have their hair done. 
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my girls necklaces to wear on the day of (and they're more casual so they can wear again and again)
    I'll get them flip flops - Old Navy
    Blankets from Ikea - saw this super cute idea on Style Me Pretty and just had to. very cost effective as well.
    I'm paying for their make-up
    and for my sisters and FSIL I got goregous hair clips for the day of to set them apart from others. My youngest sister will probably wear hers again and again.
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    MOH:  Vera Bradley bag, Philosophy gift set and $50 restaurant GC (total $100ish)
    BM: Vera Bradley bag & wallet, Philosophy gift set and picture keychain (total $70ish)
    BM (guy):  Ed Hardy umbrella, body wash gift set and $30 restaurant GC (total $65ish)
    BM (guy):  Body Wash gift set, St. Christopher dog tag and $50 restaurant GC (total $75ish)

ETA:  I got the vera bradley bags and ed hardy umbrella from ruelala and ideeli.  Definitely check out discount sites for stuff!
  • a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I spent about 40 dollars on each girl. I got them all purple pashminas and personalized wine glasses.

I wanted to get something special for my sister (MOH) so I bought her a necklace that matches the accent color of the wedding (lime). That was about 80 dollars by itself, so I spent more than 100 on her.
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For all the girls I paid $75 bucks of their dress. I also paid for hair and make up that day (this was an option to them and they all wanted it, then I offered it as a gift). I also got them a pashmina, and a picture frame. I had my photog. take a picture of them and their SO and got them a professional picture to put in the frame. For my MOH (sister) I also paid for her alterations, and nails the day before the wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry to butt in, but lemma & BP, where did you get the pashminas?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • edited December 2011
    I spent $50 on my BM and $80 on my MOH

- Beach tote from Target (pics of all of it are in my bio)
    - Pashmina, from Boscovs..
    -Picture Frame
    -Old Navy Flip Flops to wear from their heels came off
    - Day of Jewelry (necklace and earrings)
    -BM/MOD tank for morning of
    -Clutch (dressier from Etsy) from my MOH
  • a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my pashminas from Etsy. The seller is jasminescarfs. She is in Turkey, so the shipping was expensive but the scarves are absolutely beautiful!
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am spending about $75 on each BM and over $100 on MOH

I got them all satin robes, flip flops, personal wine glass and then a personal gift for each girl.
  • amy727amy727 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So far I got my BM and MOH an insulated wine tote and their favorite bottle of wine for about $25-$30.  I'm going to get them all something else, but I'm not positive what yet.  I'll end up spending between $50 and $60 on each girl. 

I'm getting my other BM (my SIL doesn't drink) this pearl ring that she has wanted for the longest time.  It's about $75.  She has helped me so much for our wedding so I don't mind spending a little extra on her. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_did-bm-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:91983678-df50-4f60-a4a3-d8a39137342fPost:3aa84d55-be09-4352-b503-b6959fb02cd3">Re: What Did You Do For BM Gifts?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got my pashminas from Etsy. The seller is jasminescarfs. She is in Turkey, so the shipping was expensive but the scarves are absolutely beautiful!
    Posted by a.lemma4[/QUOTE]

I LOVE jasminescarfs! I bought my sister a bubble scarf from her for Christmas. It was so nice in person that I then bought myself one. She's amazing!
  • Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think what I'm doing is paying for hair and getting each girl flip flops, a handpainted, personalized wine glass, and a bottle of wine. It should come out to about $125 each. I know that's a lot, but it's fine with me and I think they'll enjoy the gifts.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm buying their BM dresses - which are from JCrew and can totally be worn again. And I'm paying to have their makeup professionally done. I'm lucky that I only have 2 BMs or this would have been a much more expensive venture!
  • luvdelilahluvdelilah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I paid for hair and makeup for each bridesmaid.  Most were coming from out of town so no reason to send them home with more "stuff".  My sister (MOH) and I also bought matching pashminas since my sister pointed it out that it might be cold on our wedding day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine off of ebay. They were pretty nice, and inexpensive, however I don't remember the sellers name.
  • edited December 2011
    I got them all coach purses (at the outlet with a coupon) and a bud vase from personalization mall - probably about $80-$90 total, I can't remember.  I got my sister (MOH) something else from personalization mall - a mini canvas wrap of a picture of us that goes on an mini-easel, probably cost about $30.

In addition to that, I also paid for them all to have their hair done, but that was more because I wanted everyone together, relaxed and having a good time, the morning of the wedding, and knew that a few of my bridesmaids wouldn't have had their hair done, or would have gone somewhere else, if I didn't pay.

I also got them all purple velour sweatsuits, again, that was more for me because I thought it would look cute in the "getting ready" pictures.
  • Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I got them these jewelry boxes from www.personalcreations.com:

...these tote bags from an eBay seller in royal blue with white initials:

...and earrings/necklace sets to match their gowns from an eBay seller.

Grand total for each BM was $30.  Considering giving my MOH a copy of the wedding video since we have an extra copy.

• Play getawayPlay getaway member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    music:  Who was your ebay seller?    how was the quality?  It seems like a great deal.

I was thinking of doing a bag with some little things in it,  not sure what....  but definitely flip flops and bridesmaid t-shirt.

And maybe doing a day before pedicure / facial thing together as i will have acrylics most likely. 

They are each picking their dresses so i was thinking of earrings maybe to tie them all together somehow. Anyone have ideas on a cute but inexpensive place to get them?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_did-bm-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:91983678-df50-4f60-a4a3-d8a39137342fPost:f72365e0-e58e-4f80-a454-61893fa68e6e">Re: What Did You Do For BM Gifts?</a>:
    [QUOTE]music:   Who was your ebay seller?    how was the quality?  It seems like a great deal. Posted by Play getaway[/QUOTE]

If you're talking about the bags, Play getaway, they were great quality and a bargain price!  The BMs loved them!  Here's the link to the eBay seller I used:

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/Monogrammed-cheer-dance-bridesmaid-gift-tote-/170543494886?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b52f36e6">http://cgi.ebay.com/Monogrammed-cheer-dance-bridesmaid-gift-tote-/170543494886?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b52f36e6</a>
  • edited December 2011
    I sell bridesmaids gifts from my website, or you can call me, and I'll help you.  You wouldn't have to spend alot, since I work out of my house, and don't charge the retail prices.  If you get a chance, check out my website.  It's http://www.jstaufferimages.com

I ship everywhere and have been working with brides for over 20 years.  If you'd feel more comfortable checking out my references, just call stephanies bridal in pennsburg, PA.  They can be found on the KNOT.  I buy the jewelry for their store, and help brides everyday!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards