Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Wedding Recessional Song and Reception Playlist

Hello!
My fiance and I are looking for a song for the wedding recessional. We're having an afternoon Christian, somewhat traditional wedding and would like a song to walk out to. We had thought about Stuck On You by Sugarland, but after looking at the lyrics it seems inappropriate for a wedding song (something about how no one thought we would stay together, and that the love had died hahaha). Does anyone have any ideas? We're also looking for songs for our reception playlist. We're not having dancing, but we would like to have music in the background. We're having a somewhat casual wedding and would like something laidback. Something like Train, Colbie Calleit, something a little folksy. Any ideas? 

Re: Wedding Recessional Song and Reception Playlist

• edited December 2011
    We are using Keith Urban's "Someone Like You" for our recessional. Upbeat and cute!
  • kpkeaneykpkeaney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've just now decided on "Good Day Sunshine" by the Beatles for our recessional.  Hope it's a nice day out!
    Anniversary Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We used Vitamin's String Quartet's cover of "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz for our recessional.  All of our ceremony and cocktail hour music was VSQ...I love them.  If you haven't heard them, I suggest checking them out on youtube...it would be good background music.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards