Florida-South Florida

Calling all my South Florida brides!!!

Im in the midst of planning my winter 2011 wedding. I live in NY but will be having a Miami wedding. I looked at the Spanish Monastery and thought it was fairly economical compared to places like Vizcaya. Only thing my fiance didn't like the set of the tables as they would be set up in the hallways of the Cloisters. Im searching for other options. I was told Palmetto Bay Village is a nice venue. Has anyone had their wedding there? Does anyone have any other great venues I should check out?

Also, would like to stick to a strict budget. Would getting a wedding planner help? Or would that tack on unnecessary costs?  

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you Smile

Re: Calling all my South Florida brides!!!

• michelleb20michelleb20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im in the midst of planning my winter 2011 wedding. I live in NY but will be having a Miami wedding. I looked at the Spanish Monastery and thought it was fairly economical compared to places like Vizcaya. Only thing my fiance didn't like the set of the tables as they would be set up in the hallways of the Cloisters. Im searching for other options. I was told Palmetto Bay Village is a nice venue. Has anyone had their wedding there? Does anyone have any other great venues I should check out?

Also, would like to stick to a strict budget. Would getting a wedding planner help? Or would that tack on unnecessary costs?  

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you Smile

• anna.oskaranna.oskar member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I suggest you post on the S FL local board.  this is an international board
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Michelle! I saw your post was moved over from another board. Welcome to South Florida! We're here to help anytime you have questions. The girls on here are a WEALTH of knowledge and I know someone will be able to help you!
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • edited December 2011
    I was very close to doing it Spanish Monastery, but I fell in love with my new place and found it cheaper overall, Pinecrest Gardens. The only thing with this place is if you want to drag your wedding into the night, you can't because it closes at 6pm and you basically have to find someone to set up and cater. I am not sure what you mean by Palmetto Bay Village, I tried googling it and didn't get a wedding venue. Send us a link
    Stephany Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Palmetto Bay Village Center is a very pretty venue. It was out of my price range, but it might be in yours.

I know there was a knottie who recommended on here, but I can't think of who it was. Maybe she will see your post and comment.

Here's their website:
    http://www.palmettobayvillagecenter.com/specevents.html
  • pgermain11pgermain11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was going to check out this venue before I fell in love with mine in Key West. The prices are very affordable AND it's a beautiful place. Going to sound weird but check out the Jungle TreeTop Ballroom at Jungle Island. Here's the link: 

Happy Shopping :)
    Me (26) DH (26) TTC since March 2012. Dx: Hypothyroid in 2007.
    CD3 BW: Low AMH - .88; 7dpo BW - 10.3; SA: Normal; HSG - All Open. Genetic Testing revealed MTHFR - C (hetero)
    1st RE Appt 10.24.12
    Oct. 2012: 100mg Clomid (CD3-7)+ Ovidrel (CD12) + TI = P4-35.9 = BFP 11/16/12 (12dpo)t!!
    Beta #1 (11/19) =142! Beta #2 (11/21) = 303!, Beta #3 (11/23) = 640!
    EDD: 07/31/2013!
    My Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    If you want a small version of Viscaya (or something similar to the Monestary)  check out my venue - its called Villa Woodbine - its on the same street as Viscaya - was built around the same time and has a similar feel on a much (much) smaller scale - its also a very inclusive venue and works with a lot of budgets. 
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • michelleb20michelleb20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all for your suggestions...you guys are great! I was told about Villa Woodbine. How is it on price? And do they allow outside caterers? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards