Christian Weddings

Newbie Here, Hello All!

Good Evening Ladies,
Figured I would finallycome out of lurking and introduce myself. FI and I are getting married May 18th, 2013 in the Pittsburgh area.

We have recently moved into a new area and rediscovered our faith and looking for a church around us for us to call "home" and perhaps get married in next year. FI is a baptised Presbyterian and I come from a Catholic family. We discussed religion and we decided we wanted to find a church together, and are attending the Methodist Church by our new home this Sunday to start our search for a new church. We have heard good things about the church and congregation so we are pretty excited.

I work in the medical field and FI is a machine operator. We have 2 weenie dogs, a search and rescue dog, and a boxer we rescued last year in addition to 2 fat cats.
I starting lurking on this board a few months ago when FI started talking about marriage to see if we wanted a Christian wedding or if we were going to have a secular service. After many discussions on religion and where we were in life, we have decided to renew our faith and have a Christian wedding.

Anyone have any advice about finding a church? FI does not like the church he attended as a kid and I have only gone to church where I work other than when I was a child so we are all new to this and feel kind of awkward.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Newbie Here, Hello All!

• Congrats and welcome!

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Congrats and welcome!

Find a place you both feel comfortable in.  The church should be warm and inviting and you should feel at I home.  That's how I felt about my church back home.
    Daisypath Graduation tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats and welcome.

I would advise praying about the church situation. Do what God leads you to do.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • welcome!! 

friendly question. I want to add your wedding to the upcoming wedding list but you said the date was may 18, 2012. did you mean 2013?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Welcome and congrats!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Welcome to the board!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Try Church shopping... ask aroud if you know anyone that goes to one ... And pray about it ...

Love is All You Need
  • I'm in the process of looking for a new church with my fiance as well.  we googled 'churches in -insert city-" then we went to their websites to see if we liked what they stood for.  if we did, we visited that church.  we have also asked friends for referrals. 
    we have been on our search for over 1 year (there are actually 92 churches in my small city)...hopefully yours is shorter!!

• Yeah oops 2013. I guess I need to get some sleep before I post. Thanks for catching it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards