Connecticut
Options

hotel/airport transfer to JFK

Hi girls!

Now that the honeymoon is getting closer, I'm trying to figure out the details to our travel to/from the airport. Our flight is at 8:30am at JFK, so we were thinking of staying the night in a hotel. Also, we don't want to park there (I don't like the idea of leaving our car in NY for a week with our family in CT).

Does anyone have any recs for:
1. decent hotels with shuttles to the airport? we dont want to spend a ton, but we also dont want some place that will make me want to crawl out of my skin.
2. a car company/limo company to bring us from wallingford to the hotel?

I've looked up a couple hotels and companies, but I would like some real life suggestions.

thanks!
TTC Buddies with JennaHack and 102007(Congrats!)!
Baby Blog
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: hotel/airport transfer to JFK

• Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can get back to you on the car service... FI's parents take a car service from Seymour down to the cruise pier in NYC every summer for their cruise and they've always had a good experience. Plus, they'd never book anything without finding a deal. 

As far as hotels near the airport with shuttle service, I'm not very schooled on this, but I would assume there are some hotels connected to the airport especially as big as JFK. I pasted in some links that hopefully can be helpful to you and DH. 

HTH!
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I stayed in a cheap hotel right next to the airport when a blizzard was coming 2 years ago...so I couldn't drive down the day of as planned.  I think it was a Hilton, and they drove us right to our terminal.

That said, I'm honeymooning out of JFK and have taken a few business trips from there and leave my car in the long term parking, and I've never had any problems, so you shouldn't feel like you have to worry about your car.  It's no biggie!  HTH

September 2011 September Signature Challenge: My Wedding Colors

Visit Connecticut.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Whippet8Whippet8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_hotelairport-transfer-jfk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:e9704925-7452-4258-9c8f-570ba366ff1cPost:82ded2ca-7639-4ce3-a91a-cd0380615605">Re: hotel/airport transfer to JFK</a>:
    [QUOTE]You're getting so close! You're going to Antigua right? 
    Posted by SuMmErKuTiE[/QUOTE]

we are so close! haha I remember when I put my ticker up and it said 5 months.

Yup, we're going to Antigua! I can't wait to have some free time to do some more research..but we're doing Sandals, and it's so nice to know that everything is paid already, and we dont have to spend much when we get there!
    TTC Buddies with JennaHack and 102007(Congrats!)!
    Baby Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i can't help you with specific hotels, but there's a website... i think it's parksleepfly.com...that you can book through to get a hotel room with basically free (or really cheap) parking for the length of your stay, and then get shuttled to/from the airport.

we used that website when we went to Cabo and left from Newark.  it worked perfectly!!!  (it was like $110 for the hotel, when parking alone at the airport would've been over $80!)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

You might also just want to try CT Limo or GO Shuttle for the ride from Wallingford to the airport... I think you can get rates right on their websites. It may not be a private ride, but might be a bit cheaper than car service/private transfer.
    HTH!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ~~ BFP 5/9/12 EDD 1/18/13 ~~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards