Kentucky

Ana Crane-Simpson

A week or two ago, I reviewed makeup services from Ana Crane-Simpson.  I had an issue with her day of service in that she sent her assistant instead of coming herself to do my makeup on my wedding day.

As I mentioned in that post, her asssitant was great and did a terrific job. My issue was that I booked Ana – not her assistant - and was willing to pay a price that I feel is quite expensive because I had heard such great things about Ana’s talent.

Ana emailed me today and explained what caused the situation on my wedding day, and she offered me free services or a free makeup class to compensate for her absence. I didn’t call or complain to Ana or her assistant about Ana not being there on my wedding day. Frankly, I didn’t have time to fuss with it, and I was happy with the look I received. Ana either read my review on TK or is just wanting to compensate me on her own accord.  

Either way, I think that’s very classy and good business practice on her part. Since I let you all know about her errors, it is only fair that I let you know that she has made it right.

I can’t say for sure, but I feel that what happened on my wedding day was probably the exception, not the rule, of Ana’s service.  She has always been professional when we’ve spoken.  

I also think it is evidence that vendors  are paying attention to what is being said on TK, and they know it matters to other brides if a knottie had a bad experience with a vendor.  Nice to know we have some leverage since brides aren’t (generally) repeat business!

Re: Ana Crane-Simpson

• inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Very cool!  And thanks for letting us know.  Ana was great for a friend's wedding a few years ago and I'm glad that you were the exception for her. 
  • edited December 2011
    That's nice to hear! Normally when you hear about these kinds of things, it always ends up badly.
  • thehossbridethehossbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ana rocks.  she's usually a fixture at most high end events. always classy and fun to be around.
  • FKSFKS
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can I ask how much she charges?
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I was quoted a price of 175 for bridal make up and 75 for bridal hair.  She uses MAC products.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • FKSFKS
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks emjay!  So she just uses MAC and not airbrush make-up?

• squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FKS, I used Hope Mitchell, and she did an awesome job.  Just in case you're looking for other recs.  Just makeup, though - my regular stylist did my hair.  Both came to us at the hotel, and both were cheaper than Ana. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • FKSFKS
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am looking for recs, thanks squirrly! I will check her out. Btw, long time no "see" - I miss chatting with you! Hope all is well :)
  • edited December 2011
    I have used both Ana and Hope (Ana for wedding, Hope for photos) and both are just fabulous.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards