Kansas
Options

DJs in Shawnee/OP/Olathe Area?

Any recommendations for a DJ that would do a reception in Shawnee? Im looking for one that is $500 or less if possible. I have a young crowd so I'm looking for someone who knows what and when to play the right kinds of songs to keep the party going :) 

I'm having my reception at Shawnee Civic Center. Anyone ever been to a reception there? Tips for decorations? (Its a big gymnasium basically)

Also I'm doing a destination wedding, on a Carnival cruise to the Bahamas, anyone ever been on a Carnival cruise? Tips?

THANKS!!!!!

Re: DJs in Shawnee/OP/Olathe Area?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    you could try some lighting that might help with the gym feeling.  I have never been on a carnival cruise before; however i went on a princess cruise.  Bring sea sick stuff just in case; we ended up using it.  good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i used profesionnal sound services who are around $600 i believe for 5/6 hours. ask for dj tony - he's amazing!
    jenifriend
    may flower
  • Options
    SarawallsSarawalls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got a quote from a place called Omni Entertainment for $450.  The contact is Jeff Tiller, omnijt@kc.rr.com.  I'm sure they're good, but I can't tell you how good they are because we aren't using them.  We went with a guy we've actually seen work and we like, and he was still only $600.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    colleensmith0colleensmith0 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using J. Todd Music Agency. I have not had my wedding yet, however, I feel very comfortable with him. He is really great with following up with you.. and we met with him twice before we made our decision. :O)

The civic center is a great place for a reception.. I've been to about 3 there... It's great for dancing!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards