Ohio-Cincinnati

Makeup Dilemma ?

Sooo does anyone know of any affordable makeup artists in Cincinnati that do NOT have  a minimum requirement of clients on the day of and will just do the bride (and maybe mother of bride)?

Also, I'm a little confused on whether I should go with an artist that does airbrushing or not?

Thanks for your help!

Re: Makeup Dilemma ?

• You should check out Diana Varga.

As for airbrush, I went with it, but mostly because I have problematic skin (rosacea, acne, and "icepick" scarring from previous acne) and because it was in July and very hot and humid.  I have yet heard anyone regret getting it vs. traditional makeup, though.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • You could also always look at places in the mall like Macy's that do make up. I am going to the Aveda School and it's only me and my mom. No minimum.
  • Take a look, also, at www.glossamakeup.com. I don't believe they had a minimum for our wedding, probably because I had 6 girls getting makeup and we would have far surpassed a minimum. We had Lindsay from Glossa, and she was wonderful.

As for the airbrush, I would recommend stopping in to somewhere like Sephora and letting them apply airbrush to your face so that you can see what it would look and feel like. It's different for everyone- I went to Sephora and had it applied. I liked it, but ultimately went with traditional makeup, which in all honesty was just as pretty as the airbrush. It's just what you prefer. Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • Lyndsay? What did Sephora charge you for your makeup? We have one in Bridgewater not too far from the venue
    Cheryl (25) Andy (24) Newlyweds as of 8-17-12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker pregnancy week by week
  • We used Heidi McKenna for the day. My make up was $60 and included a trial and my bridesmaids were $30 each. She did ask for a minimum of 3 people, but perhaps you all could work something out. It was traditional application and she came to us as with no trip charge as long as we were in the 275 loop. Although her prices may have changed.

We were married on a hot and humid day in May and only had to blot a couple of times. All of the make up stayed on without any issues.

You can search her on the boards and you should be able to find her e-mail address to contact her if you're interested.

• clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_makeup-dilemma?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:108Discussion:15677c18-0846-4464-8c0c-cf77c08d25e6Post:dbd575be-ed4e-4d2c-afda-180392cbb13d">Re: Makeup Dilemma ?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Take a look, also, at <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.glossamakeup.com.">www.glossamakeup.com.</a> I don't believe they had a minimum for our wedding, probably because I had 6 girls getting makeup and we would have far surpassed a minimum. We had Lindsay from Glossa, and she was wonderful<strong>. As for the airbrush, I would recommend stopping in to somewhere like Sephora and letting them apply airbrush to your face so that you can see what it would look and feel like.</strong> It's different for everyone- I went to Sephora and had it applied. I liked it, but ultimately went with traditional makeup, which in all honesty was just as pretty as the airbrush. It's just what you prefer. Good luck!
    Posted by lindsaynewbride10[/QUOTE]

<div>The airbrush I had was hooked to an air compressor, not a spray can.  It was big and noisy like something from a garage.  You wouldn't be able to get it at Sephora, and the two have very different results.</div><div>
    </div><div>Make sure you check with your makeup artist what "airbrush" entails.</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_makeup-dilemma?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:108Discussion:15677c18-0846-4464-8c0c-cf77c08d25e6Post:c222a77b-d373-46d9-9f09-797be8025a99">Re: Makeup Dilemma ?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lyndsay? What did Sephora charge you for your makeup? We have one in Bridgewater not too far from the venue
    Posted by transcriber87[/QUOTE]

They didn't charge me anything for the airbrush application. Even though it may be a different machine or whatever that the airbrushing may be done with, you're more than likely going to be able to get a good feel for what it's going to look and feel like on your wedding day. It's free- give it a shot.
    Anniversary
  • I'm using Megan at makeupcincinnati.com
    $65 for Bride only on location including trail
    $35 for bridal party/ mother of the Bride
    discounts for 3 or more people.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards