Canada

Wedding DJ?

We're looking for a DJ for our wedding in Montreal in April 2011. We have been quoted $800 by one DJ for the meal and the evening. We don't know if this seems reasonable...

Has anyone had any quotes? got any recommendations? 

Re: Wedding DJ?

• edited December 2011
    Well, I'm in Saskatchewan.  Our DJ is charging us $650 total.  We are getting married an hour out of the city and that includes his travel costs.  That also includes 5 hours of dance.

The quotes I saw were all between $600-$1000, so if you were here, I'd say that's pretty average. 

I really have no recommendations tho as I am not from Montreal :) Sorry!
  • edited December 2011
    We're getting married in southern Ontario and we are paying $750 for our DJ for the evening.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sounds pretty reasonable. Here in Toronto, they range from $600 to $1500+. I assume prices are pretty similar in other big cities.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Cat24Cat24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Eastern Ontario here and we're paying $600 for our DJ and that's including travel and set up. Only other thing we have to provide is food for him and his assistant.
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in southern Ontario, we are booking a DJ who charges $475 for 5PM til the end of the night and 2 "light features".  Most other places have been in the $500 - $800 range.
  • Habs2HartHabs2Hart member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I had a quote from a DJ for $1000 for the whole thing.  Ceremony, cocktails and reception.  We only want reception though and they don't lower their prices for only reception. 

Is that too much? 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @Habs2Hart - it all depends.  $1000 is more than I want to spend.  I'd keep shopping around and see what else you can find, and see what someone else will charge just for the reception.  You can always see if someone will price-match - if you really liked one DJ but found a comparable cheaper one elsewhere, show the one you liked the price of the cheaper one and see if they'll reduce their price for you to get your business.
  • edited December 2011
    We're getting married in montreal in sep 2011 and we booked that's amore for $1450
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards