Students

Where to send my invitations.

I have no idea where to send some of my invitations. I am graduating in May and have a lot of friends in school in on campus housing. I don't know if I should send my invitations to them at school or to their parent's house. 

I'm worried that some of them don't check their boxes often enough, but I would like for them to actually get their invitation. 

Re: Where to send my invitations.

• I kind of have that dilemma to, I am also a may bride and college students will be invited. I think sending it to them at school is the better option. That way you don't chance their parents loosing it, and/or not sending out the rsvp. If you are worried about them checking their campus mail, just give them a call to let them know that the invitation should have arrived
  • I would just call them up and ask them where they would like you to send it. That way they know its coming and they know to look for it.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_send-invitations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:684Discussion:3f9f6308-9c0b-4d4c-89bb-e9837b4e4f74Post:775e6cea-14e0-48df-876b-66484a06fe45">Re: Where to send my invitations.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would just call them up and ask them where they would like you to send it. That way they know its coming and they know to look for it.
    Posted by bethsmiles[/QUOTE]

<div>This. </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • I agree with Beth. I have some friends that never get their mail if it goes home. But I have a tricky mailbox situation (apartment in someone's basement so up to landlord to deliver my mail) and prefer that everything get sent to my parents' house. They won't think it's weird if you ask. :) And it might save you a ton of grief later.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_send-invitations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:684Discussion:3f9f6308-9c0b-4d4c-89bb-e9837b4e4f74Post:775e6cea-14e0-48df-876b-66484a06fe45">Re: Where to send my invitations.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would just call them up and ask them where they would like you to send it. That way they know its coming and they know to look for it.
    Posted by bethsmiles[/QUOTE]

Definitely this.  We called/texted/FB messaged a few people to ask which address was best.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I went to a few weddings this summer and for each one of them, I was send an email/text/fb message saying what month they would be mailing the invites in and asking where we'd want it sent. For example, I got asked in January where I wanted an invite sent in April for a May wedding...since April was during school and I check my mail a lot, I said school. The June, July and August ones went to my parents house because I didn't know my apartment address at that point (I graduated in May)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards