California-Orange County

Michael's Tuscany Room - San Pedro

I know San Pedro is technically in Los Angeles county but I figure it's close enough to Orange county....

Has anyone had a reception at Michaels' Tuscany room in San Pedro? If so, how did you like it? Was it nice? Did your guest enjoy it? How was the food? Or has anyone been to a wedding at this location? Any reviews would be great!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Michael's Tuscany Room - San Pedro

• This is where I want to have my wedding reception, I love the Decor and Ambiance.  My Fiance's family has been to Michaels several times over the years, They used to be called Marcello's, but from what I understand, the Only thing that has changed is the name.  I hear Great things about the food, and since My Fiance is great cook and is usually critical about food, He approves of my choice to have it here.  They also own a local restuarant in town and the food is cooked by the same chefs from what I understand, so you might be able to go eat at the restaurant to get a feel for the food.
  • yes, this place is definitely the top runner right now for us. We went in and met with Cat and looked at the inside of the venue and we have to say we were impressed with both. Now the only problem is finding a location for the ceremony. We were hoping for somewhere outside but San Pedro is lacking in 'nice' places. I drove through the parks that, according to google, people get married at in San Pedro but they were disappointing. Either they were right on a main highway, they were extremely crowded or they smelled like pee (only one of the parks in particular). Anyhow, if you don't my asking, where are you holding your ceremony? We would hate to make our friends and family travel more than 15 minutes from the ceremony site to the reception but it's not looking too promising....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That much We have not decided yet.. we may even consider getting married there.  My Future SIL says that they usually have the bride walk down the stairs.   Id love to see a video or something of that. :-)   WHich parks did you try?   The only thing about  doing it in parks is that you have to get the chair rentals and all that..  I know that Averill Park The Korean Bell and Cabrillo Marina are popular wedding locations in the area...Id have to ask my FI  since he grew up in the area he is more familiar with it.
  • The pictures for Averill Park look pretty and I drove by but there doesn't seem to be a view which I know my FI wants. The Korean Bell has a great view but is very very crowded. I also went by Pt. Fermin and it smelled like pee. How an entire outdoor location on the ocean with breezes can still reek of urine scares me. haha! I am not sure if I went by Cabrillo Marina. This Saturday my FI and I are going to drive by Shoreline Aquatic Park in Long Beach which is just a drive over the Vincent Thomas. It has a lighthouse which looks pretty but we have to make sure that the port isn't too unsightly in the background.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards