Latino Weddings

Arras & Lasso wording

Hey ladies, I wanted to incorporate these traditins into my wedding but had a bear of a time finding the words most sites just explained the meaning.  Here is what I found.  I hope this help some of you!
 Blessing of Arras (coins)Bless and sanctify your children in your love. May these arras be a symbol of their mutualfidelity and help. Your word says that wealth is “the reward of humility and the fear of theLord”. We pray that they never forget the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, who said “It ismore blessed to give than to receive.” Help them use their resources in service to their family,the Church, and the community. This we pray in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.(The godparents give the arras to the groom) Exchange of Arras (groom)(The groom gives the arras to the bride and says the following)N. Receive these arras, a symbol of all my goods, and of my promise to honor God, and you,and our family with the fruits of my work. Exchange of Arras (bride)(The bride gives the arras to the groom and says the following)N. I give you these goods as a symbol of my promise of to honor God, and you, and ourfamily with the fruits of our work. Blessing of the LassoHoly Father, you created us in your image and said that a man should leave his father andmother, and cleave to his wife, and the two would become one flesh. Bless this man and thiswoman who come seeking that divine union. Let this lasso always represent the mystery ofthe union of husband and wife, the communion of the Saints, and the love of the Holy Trinity,our eternal hope. Amen.

(The godparents put the lasso on the couple. The couple may kiss the cross if desired.)

Bendición de arrasBendiga Señor, estos hijos tuyos y santificalos en tu amor. Haz que estas arras sean unsímbolo de fidelidad y de ayuda mutua. Tu palabra dice que “las riquezas son recompensa dela humildad y del temor del Señor”. Te pedimos que nunca olviden de las palabras del SeñorJesucristo, quien dijo 'Hay más dicha en dar que en recibir.' Ayudales a siempre usar susrecursos en servicio a su familia, la Iglesia, y la comunidad. Esto te lo pedimos en el nombre deJesucristo. Amén.(Los padrinos entregan las arras al novio) Entrega de arras (Novio)(El novio entrega las arras a la novia con este voto)N. Recibe estas arras, un simbolo de todos mi bienes, y de mi promesa de honrar a Dios, a ti,y nuestra familia con los frutos de mi labor. Entrega de arras (Novia)(La novia entrega las arras al novio con este voto)N. Te devuelvo estos bienes como simbolo de mi promesa de honrar a Dios, a ti, y nuestrafamilia con los frutos de nuestro labor. Bendicion de lassoPadre Santisimo, tu nos creaste en tu imagen y dijeste en tu santa palabra que el hombre deja asu padre y a su madre, y se une a su mujer, y los dos se funden en un solo ser. Bendice Señora esta pareja con esa unidad divina. Deseamos que este lasso siempre representa los sagradosmisterios de la union de hombre y mujer, la comunion de los Santos y el amor de la SantaTrinidad que es nuestra esperanza eternal. Amén.(Los padrinos ponen el lasso sobre la pareja y la pareja besa la cruz.

Re: Arras & Lasso wording

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards