March 2014 Weddings

Getting to know you

Since we'll all be here for a year or so, let's get to know each other.

Wedding date:
Favorite color:
How did you and FI meet:
Hobbies/Interests:

ETA - feel free to add your own, I'm not all that creative. :) 

Re: Getting to know you

• Wedding date: 03/08/14
    Your location: San Diego
    Favorite color: Pink (but it won't be part of the wedding)
    How did you and FI meet: Work
    Hobbies/Interests: MMA/Boxing/Kickboxing, Running (attempting 1 5k/month for 12 months), food
  • Wedding Date: 03/08/14
    Your Location: Houston, but moving to Austin in May!
    Favorite Color: Pink
    How did you and FI meet: At a bar
    Hobbies/Interests: cooking, movies, wedding planning :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What a fun idea.

Wedding Date: 3/14/14
    Location:Vinoy Renaissance Resort and Golf Club- St. Petersburg, Florida
    Your Location: Largo, Fl.
    Favorite Color: Red
    How did you and your fiance meet:  Myspace! Back before facebook was popular lol
    Hobbies/Interests: Animals, kayaking, snorkeling, beach, shopping, fashion, food network addict, concerts, hockey, rock music

Nice to meet you all and happy planning.
  • nalex420nalex420 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2013
    Wedding date: March 1st,2014 Location: Jericho terrace Long Island New York Your location: Bronx ny Favorite color:purple How did you and FI meet: I worked at his uncle's day care Hobbies/Interests: Shopping, teaching, and planning
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wedding date: 3/29/2014 Location: Sussex County, NJ Your location: Northern NJ Favorite color: fuchsia How did you and FI meet: we actually met on Match.com! We've been together now for 5 1/2 years Hobbies/Interests: crocheting, shopping, reading, and spending time with friends. Oh, and of course our 2 cats. Right now my time is occupied with grad school, teaching, and wedding planning.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Wedding date: March 22, 2014
    Your location: Valleybrook Country Club
    Favorite color: Yellow
    How did you and FI meet: match.com (we match silver0319) :)
    Hobbies/Interests: cooking, reading, hockey, football, sleeping

P.S. we also have 2 cats silver0319 :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow, lots of Jersey/NY girls! 
  • Wedding date: March 8th
    Your location: Northern NJ
    Favorite color: Pink, Red, Green, Blue, Purple
    How did you and FI meet: We met threw a friend that I met while my FI was KJing a Karaoke night.
    Hobbies/Interests: Crafting, Wedding Planning
  • That's alot of favorite colors AMJ :)

Yup looks like alot of Jersey girls, either it's gonna be cold and we all are crazy or it'll be a perfect spring day!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LisaA, you and I have a lot of shared interests!  FI and I love hockey too, probably the rival team same team as you and your FI! lol

I'm hoping that the weather will be decent enough to have my ceremony outdoors.  
  • We are Flyers fans, all Philly teams actually. Except baseball, I hate baseball. Your Devil's fans aren't you.....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Devils fans? Heck no; we're Rangers fans!  I did grow up in an area filled with Devils players.  It's okay though; most of my friends from college are die-hard Philadelphia fans. 
  • My FI is a Rangers fan, and a Jets fan (he's originally from NY.) BOOOO FLYERS! GO PENS! ;) 
  • Ahh Rangers...I like Devils fans better hahahaha. Just kidding!

SDNY...how did that lose make you feel last night? Probably the most exciting game of the year so far!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wedding date:03/29/14
    Your location: Rochester, NY
    Favorite color:Blue
    How did you and FI meet: Work
    Hobbies/Interests: Reading,Cooking, Movies & now Wedding planningLaughing
  • Wedding date: 3*8*14
    Your location: grandparents country club
    Favorite color: purple & red (red is a wedding color)
    How did you and FI meet:middle school, then agian riding the bus together is high school
    Hobbies/Interests: reading, writing, watching FLYERS hockey, scrapbooking, bowling, and fixing cars.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2014-weddings_getting-to-know-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:179b8bb8-7e19-4a31-9506-cc60c908fe65Discussion:ed5630c3-9e1b-4d73-aba4-11a618bf8935Post:c1dbe80c-c3f6-4998-a845-e37b7bfd71ec">Re: Getting to know you</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wedding date: 3*8*14 Location: eastern NC Your location: grandparents country club Favorite color: purple & red (red is a wedding color) How did you and FI meet:middle school, then agian riding the bus together is high school Hobbies/Interests: reading, writing, watching FLYERS hockey, scrapbooking, bowling, and fixing cars.
    Posted by speedyblazer11[/QUOTE]

Yay another flyers fan! Welcome!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • March 22, 2014 I'm almost positive Location: League City, Tx Maybe Your location: Katy, Tx Favorite color: purple How did you and FI meet: He was moving back home from the Marine Corps for good and we met through mutual friends at the Houston Rodeo Cook Off 4 years ago. Hobbies/Interests: I love reading, cooking, baking, shopping and bartending. Lovely to meet y'all!
  • Wedding date:  3-29-2014
    Your location:  Washington D.C., NW near Silver Spring, MD
    Favorite color:  my favorite colors are shades of blues and greens, any color you see water being, as well as silver.  My fiance's favorite color is sapphire/cobalt blue.  We're using the following colors for our wedding: metallic gold, platinum silver-blue, pale butter yellow, butterscotch yellow, azure blue, midnight blue, wisteria blue-grey --- our wedding theme is "From the Garden to the Shore" and we're having a sunset garden ceremony....the colors are inspired by our mutual love of the beach. 
    How did you and FI meet:  we met in a chatroom and then really got to know each other initally when he visited my poetry blog, and then we IM-ed and ya know ;)
    Hobbies/Interests:  Writing poetry, gardening, cooking, baking, crafting/visual art (I am a sculptor/visual art teacher), independent and foreign films, avante garde music and T.V., live performance, museums, the beach, swimming, ethnic cuisine and diners.
  • In Response to Getting to know you:
    Since we'll all be here for a year or so, let's get to know each other.
    Wedding date:  March 22, 2014
    Your location: Wedding- TBD Reception: Davis Hall
    Favorite color: Wedding colors- Black and Hot Pink
    How did you and FI meet: He rescued me and my girls :)
  • Wedding date: March 29th 2014
    Your location: Huntsville, Al
    Favorite color: pink
    How did you and FI meet: match.com! So funny to see other couples who met the same way!
    Hobbies/Interests: cooking, working out, diy-ing for the wedding!

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• kbvip23kbvip23 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2014
    Wedding date: 3/22/2014
    Your location: Nashville, TN (me) and Richmond, VA (him) (we're long distance, but both from Orlando)
    Favorite color: Pink
    How did you and FI meet: High school sweethearts! I was the sophomore in choir and he was the senior band geek.
    Hobbies/Interests:Singing, playing guitar, songwriting, reading, shopping, cooking, tv
  • Wedding date: 3/15/14
                    Reception: Windsor Ballroom at Holiday Inn, East Windsor, NJ
    Your Location: Ewing, NJ (both of us)
    Favorite Color: (more like our colors!) Navy, Yellow, White and pops of Pink!
    How did you and FI meet: High school science class Freshman year.  We were in the same graduating class so we had a TON of classes together.
    Hobbies/Interests: Spending time together and with my son, fishing, mudding in the jeep, playing with our 3 dogs, camping, bowling and most importantly planning our wedding!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
    image 40 are party poopers
    image 0 awaiting reply
    Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.
  • LisaA2014 said:
    We are Flyers fans, all Philly teams actually. Except baseball, I hate baseball. Your Devil's fans aren't you.....
    I'm a FLYER's fan.  However, for football: NY Giants and for Baseball: NY Yankees.  He's a Phillies and Eagles fan.  Opposites attract, right????
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
    image 40 are party poopers
    image 0 awaiting reply
    Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.
  • Wedding date: March 8th
    Your location: New Jersey
    Favorite color: All but yellow and orange
    How did you and FI meet: We met threw a former friend. We became friends while we were dating others.
    Hobbies/Interests: I love arts and crafts. I am scrapping my whole wedding process. I have two wedding journals. One that holds the info and the other people can look at.

• Wedding date: 03/08/14
    Location: San Juan, Puerto Rico (FI and I are born and raised)
    Your location: Miami
    Favorite color: Red (wedding colors are purple, red and silver)
    How did you and FI meet: Facebook, too many mututal friends so when I traveled to Miami he was my tour guide.
    Hobbies/Interests: dancing, bar hopping, watching movies, wedding planning (of course), traveling and going to the beach

• Wedding date: March 29, 2014
    Your location: Plymouth, In

Favorite color: orange
    How did you and FI meet: I work with his mom. His mom tried to give him my number, but he refused. Several weeks later, he asked to friend me on Facebook. We messaged back and forth, he gave me his number, I called him, and he asked me out.
    Hobbies/Interests: sewing, reading, Internet, school, planning our wedding!!
  • Wedding date: 3/8/14 Location: St. Louis Your location: St. Louis Favorite color: pink How did you and FI meet: a dating site. :) Hobbies/Interests: reading, traveling, and spending time with my family. :)
  • Wedding date: March 1, 2014
    Your location: Tampa, FL 
    Favorite color: Blue (but not part of the wedding colors)
    How did you and FI meet: Online
    Hobbies/Interests: Cooking, reading, traveling, beach, camping

• Wedding date: March 2, 2014
    Your location: San Diego, CA
    Favorite color: baby blue
    How did you and FI meet: working together at Borders 6 years ago
    Hobbies/Interests: football, reading, taking our dogs to the park, scrapbooking
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards