Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Ideas for Signature Cocktail--without liquor!

I love the idea of signature cocktails at a wedding, but the bar package we chose includes only wine, beer, and a champagne toast (plus the usual: ice tea, soda, water, lemonade, etc). We may end up adding a liquor package once we get closer to the wedding and have a better head count/see where we are with our budget, but for now I want to assume we won't have it and come up with some signature drinks based on the basic package.

I was thinking about putting in some fruit and/or fruit syrup into the champage toast (I heard lavendar syrup is really great?), but that's only one drink. Any ideas for a signature drink I can offer with wine and beer? Adding fruit/fruit juice/syrup won't be a problem, if that helps.

Re: Ideas for Signature Cocktail--without liquor!

• Options
    So a sangria. You dont need to add hard alcohol to all the recipes. You can do a flavored one, like a peach or mixed berry. Look online for some recipes that dont required hard alcohol and that are fun and different fruit flavors.
  • Options
    I would not have a champagne cocktail for the toast--just offer straight champagne, if you want a champagne toast.  I do like the idea of having a champagne cocktail available, though.  What about a bellini?
  • Options
    Those are both great--not sure why I didn't think of sangria or a bellini! Thank you!
  • Options
    Mimosas seem to be pretty popular, especially for daytime weddings.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Options
    How about a mimosa bar instead of a signature cockail.  Have a bar with champagne and different juices to choose from.

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    What is mimosa?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_ideas-for-signature-cocktail-without-liquor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:73c44bcb-659f-40d3-ad77-aa97ffdaf2dePost:7cbd3d65-121a-4fb0-a4bb-0dc4f21c8d92">Re: Ideas for Signature Cocktail--without liquor!</a>:
    [QUOTE]What is mimosa?
    Posted by pinkprincess1952[/QUOTE]

Champane and orange juice.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_ideas-for-signature-cocktail-without-liquor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:73c44bcb-659f-40d3-ad77-aa97ffdaf2dePost:794e38ed-9358-45d9-8a5a-7176e68bb1ed">Re: Ideas for Signature Cocktail--without liquor!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ideas for Signature Cocktail--without liquor! : Champane and orange juice.
    Posted by pisha82[/QUOTE]

Thank you... what do they do mix it? what is sangria?
  • Options
    I'm not sure if a mimosa will be well-received at a night time reception, but the fruit juices are a good idea, thanks melb! Maybe put out fresh fruit, too? And I might play around and see what I can create with iced tea. 

Pinkprincess, I'm not sure they do anything special to mix the mimosa. I love those with brunch--it's hard to find, but peach juice is also really good with champagne! Sangria is fruit juice/fresh sliced fruit that sits in wine (overnight, I believe?) and then picks up some of that fruit flavor.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_ideas-for-signature-cocktail-without-liquor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:73c44bcb-659f-40d3-ad77-aa97ffdaf2dePost:a9898d8c-afaa-4c9f-aa32-87ec2cb2d5b0">Re: Ideas for Signature Cocktail--without liquor!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ideas for Signature Cocktail--without liquor! : Thank you... what do they do mix it? what is sangria?
    Posted by pinkprincess1952[/QUOTE]

Sangria is made red or wine wine. It is mixed with fruit (oranges, berries, peaches) and either club soda or ginger ale. Usually you add sugar and brandy to it. But not every recipes calls for brandy. You can make it without it. It is very good. And usually you dont have to let it sit overnight although you can let it sit, not too long though bc the fruit will go bad bc it is cut up.
  • Options
    You can do a beer cocktail, like a michelada. Look it up - it has lime, and usually the rim is salted with chili powder.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards